Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
have you ever? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what kind of lots do you make?
  i recreate lots from real life (or blueprints from a book)
  i recreate lots from other games
  i create my own unique lots that many people would love
  starter homes
  2+ of the above
  i don't create houses- i download them X3
View Results

Zwiebelsaft!

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:52 am
you know- have any of you simmers created lots? If so, what kind? I personally recreated Malcolm's mansion from Bustin' out (yeah, i'm serious) and a house meant to be on a hill overlooking either a city or an ocean called 'Penthouse Bluffs'

What kind of lots do you make?  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:21 pm
I suck at making houses. So I just download usally.  

Topher18

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:33 pm
I draw out blueprints from the interwebs. whee And try my best to build them in the game.

Some come out real nice surprised  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:46 pm
I've tried recreating the Goth's house from the Sims 1 in the Sims 2.

And I failed. Miserably.

sad

I'm not very good at building houses.

tangerinemoon

kara_neko

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:32 pm
i'm pretty good at making houses from the topof my imagination.
i rarely use book blueprints...

it just comes naturally.
i made a post with some of my houses titled 'zomg pic everyone!'
...or something like that xD

Emradrig rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 3 Total: 8 (2-12)
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:44 pm
I usually make very basic, but very effective homes. I just get the best items to ensure my sims will keep all their needs green, place them as close together to cut down on walking distance, without getting in everything else's way. Then after I've gotten all the necesities, I'll add a few decorations to make it look nicer.

Although I did make one pretty cool place. I made a toy robot store that was the shape of an octagon. Every other wall had floor-to-ceiling windows, and the rest had doors that looked just like the windows. So basically it was a house of glass. Not the kind of place to sell Sir-bricks-a-lot.

Emradrig

Aged Healer

9,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50

Spoilt_lil_missy

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:09 pm
I am terrible at making houses. The best I ever made was a very cool tower for my favourite sim but usually I either start off with a very basic living room/kitchen, a bathroom and a bedroom and then build on it as my Sims get richer and more possessions. Or I download really cool lots from the official website  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:22 pm
starter homes. i hate building houses. i really do. so boring.. so i cant be arsed razz  

Greenzally

thatrockscaresme

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:01 pm
You know how that debugging thing come on while making families sometimes?

Well I made a llama marry a cow.
And they live in this house I designed thats really cool,
but it has no walls; it's made out of hedges.
It's so awesome.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:13 pm
i want to be an architect when I grow up, so I build my own designs. Some of them get to be pretty complex.  

miname_sohma

SirEmino
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:42 am
I love making small, practical houses that loads up faster instead of a mansion that takes forever to loads and took a sim 3 hours to go from the kitchen to the front door!  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:11 am
I make a house suitable for the people going to be living in it, like pretty mansions, tiny little houses, a small family house, allsorts, its fun having a different variety of people in the neighbourhood with houses  

face-_-ache

TheNamelessAngelofHell

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:38 pm
I build strange houses, I have built a 40 roomed house once or twice in my game (Yes that is how much free time I had). And I built this awsome vampire house that had a 4 story tower on a hill and the house itself had 3 stories. (I have a bit of an issue with building big houses, I guess I just hate to build small ones) biggrin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:18 pm
I determine the ethnicity of my family and build a huge house to their background. We were reading The Odyssey in English, so I made a Greek family with names from the story and a Mediterranean-style home. Gothic? Lots of wrought iron and darker colors.

All of my homes end up being really expensive and everything matches almost exactly. I tend to decorate lushly with expensive items for a third-class family.. or huge houses for one person. I customize stuff like crazy, build bridges, turrets, basements, anything. I'm quite proud of myself for making a bridge.

I once made my own version of the Parthenon. It was so beautiful with a bath house, pool, everything.

I have discovered, though, that in big homes, the stupid Sims take about an hour to get to their babies. That is annoying as hell, especially when the baby's starving or something. Or they're always late for their jobs. Hate it.

Yeah I'm done with my rambling.

Tell-Tale Heart

BGHS

7,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:27 am
i like sims 1 but i love sims 2 because in 1 you can only have to floors but in 2 you can have up to five floors.  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff