Reply Naruto Guild
I CANT READ NARUTO BOO HOO Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:01 pm
I have a tip for those who can't read Naruto.
It's very basic hiragana and katakana. I hardly know any but I can read and write enough to read a good half of Naruto.
I memorize things from the anime and can build sentences.
Example:

あ--!! おまえエエエ!!
(AAAAH! OMAEEE!!)

Means, "OH! YOU!!"

Simple worlds can be found and yes I know this is very basic but...
So is most of Naruto. Except when like Itachi talks. xD
That's like it.

Discuss Raw Naruto Manga.
Do any of you attempt to read the Japanese version?
I do! And I don't even take any Japanese classes.
I know a good handful of you do. o_o;

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:18 pm
Wow! You're super intellegent. =) Yes. I tend to pick up tiny phrases that I can help to understand the RAW version of the Naruto episodes. You have a very good point. ^^

Unfortunately, I never pay attention to the Japanese writing script. I'm too busy learning Chinese since it's kind of stupid to be Chinese and not be able to read or write it.

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

churrlo

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:50 pm
You are good! I tend to do this sometimes too. I'll hear or see certain phrases or words used a lot and eventually I know what they mean blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:49 pm
That's not "super intellegence" as you two above me write...If anyone learnt the basics of hiragana or katakana anyone could pick up words like that. Like listening into the animes, I can always pick up words like "damnit", just simple phrases that are repeated over and over. It's recognition, everyone has an ability in their brains to recognise simple phrases, places, faces...whatever.
But, I can't be any help to a RAW manga discussion cause I have no Japanese text knowledge razz Only a couple of sound effects left in Japanese in mangas xd that's it from me heh  

Demon of Cute

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:23 am
I never said it was super intelligence rolleyes . Listening to something, and learning what it means is not something easy to do. You have to be at least somewhat smart stare  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:02 am
As Chuurlo said. stare I said 'Super Intellegence' as a compliment. Not literally, 'Super Intellegence'. stare I'd learn the basics of Hiragana and Katakana if I WANTED TO. And if you can't be of any help to it, then that's too bad. I would, if I wasn't too busy learning Chinese... And you're kind of offending Shikalee.

I'm sorry if this is offensive to you too, Demon of Cute. And as Chuurlo said, Shikalee probably PAID ATTENTION and TOOK NOTICE to the inscripts of the RAW manga, so that's got to mean something.

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:17 am
Demon of Cute
That's not "super intellegence" as you two above me write...If anyone learnt the basics of hiragana or katakana anyone could pick up words like that. Like listening into the animes, I can always pick up words like "damnit", just simple phrases that are repeated over and over. It's recognition, everyone has an ability in their brains to recognise simple phrases, places, faces...whatever.
But, I can't be any help to a RAW manga discussion cause I have no Japanese text knowledge razz Only a couple of sound effects left in Japanese in mangas xd that's it from me heh
s**t, dog.
If you can't stand 2 people calling me smart you don't want to know me in real life.
I didn't make my username Shikalee because I'm a fangirl. =/

Of course, "ちくしょう" has got to be the most COMMON phrase in Naruto next to dattebayo.
It's like saying, "I CAN SAY KONNICHIWA SO I KNOW JAPANESE."
Sure, I could've posted ALL the Japanese I know, but I thought one example was enough.
I was merely trying to inspire some users into looking into it.

Anyway, thanks, Churrlo and Johnny. xD I really appreciate it.
I'm learning on my own and I think I've gotten pretty for for no help.

churrlo
I never said it was super intelligence rolleyes . Listening to something, and learning what it means is not something easy to do. You have to be at least somewhat smart stare
Yeah, my IQ is ONLY 136. That's only HIGHLY intelligent. rofl
Lmao.
((136 by most people was considered VERY high until stupid Naruto came out. >>; 200 is impossible kthx))

Yes. Most people do not have the listening and vocal talents I was born with.
I can memorize a song (the vocalizations and tune) from only hearing it once.
It's always amazed everyone I know. It's just a thing I have.
This also applies to language for me. o_o;

JhonnyRaincloud
As Chuurlo said. stare I said 'Super Intellegence' as a compliment. Not literally, 'Super Intellegence'. stare I'd learn the basics of Hiragana and Katakana if I WANTED TO. And if you can't be of any help to it, then that's too bad. I would, if I wasn't too busy learning Chinese... And you're kind of offending Shikalee.

I'm sorry if this is offensive to you too, Demon of Cute. And as Chuurlo said, Shikalee probably PAID ATTENTION and TOOK NOTICE to the inscripts of the RAW manga, so that's got to mean something.
And thank you. xD
I was shocked to see the complements.
I was sure everyone would go, "PSHH ANYONE CAN COPY AND PASTE."
But I didn't. xD So I'm glad you guys trust me in that.
(I copied and pasted each letter from wikipedia is what I did lol!)

She's attacking me because if I recall correctly I called her a Gaara fangirl?
I think she's the one who said, "GAARA ISNT RIVALS WITH EVERYONE" but he SO is. Dx

I pay very close attention. I don't have time for a class so I have to closely investigate the 2 Naruto movies and what maybe... 4 episodes I have.
And then read the manga as best I can, using raw in one hand and scanalation in the other.
I've learned quite a bit from this alone.

Kinda like how Germans used to learn English during WWII. XD

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:59 pm
blaugh No problem! I have noticed that I have started learning some signs as well, although I don't know if I'm right xd  

churrlo

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:58 pm
Mm! Same here. smile  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:41 pm
Ha! Take that mean person!  

churrlo

Eternal Transience

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:13 am
AH! I found someone else who can do that!! I can memorise songs after hearing them once as well 3nodding My friends think I'm a freak stare Yeah, anyways, I can translate around half of the RAW manga, just by paying attention. I haven't actually learnt Japanese, but I'm working on it. ^^

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:23 am
churrlo
blaugh No problem! I have noticed that I have started learning some signs as well, although I don't know if I'm right xd
I just got a Hiragana/Katakana/Romanji chart.
I take it with me everywhere I go incase I forget letters like, nu or confuse shi and tsu or so and n. xD

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:25 am
~chibi kagome62~
AH! I found someone else who can do that!! I can memorise songs after hearing them once as well 3nodding My friends think I'm a freak stare Yeah, anyways, I can translate around half of the RAW manga, just by paying attention. I haven't actually learnt Japanese, but I'm working on it. ^^
LOVE YOU. <3
I've been waiting to find someone like that. xD

My friends love it. Because my singing is crap unless I'm really focused.
(which most of the time, I'm not. xD)

Ah, you're further than me.
I don't know -ANY- verbs. So I can't translate much.
Oh, except for ikuze and variations of it. Dx

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:38 pm
I have a friend who can read for me! ^^
but I need the books first! 0.o;  

Reso Miso Soup

churrlo

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:11 pm
blaugh I am going to take Japanese at my school next year! smile I hope it might help in some mangas lol  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff