Submit

Gold?
  What do you think?
View Results

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:32 am
Welcome to Why Not World!

So what is this? It is a text based world for you to visit, explore, and even roleplay in if you wish. The begining of each thread descibes your surroundings and provides you with links to other locations you can move to.

You may also visit other Why Not World threads that aren't linked to the main one. These are called personal worlds that are the work of one induvidual or simply collaborations of their own. They may include story adventures or other settings for you to explore and roleplay. The entrances to each world will be in a sticky.

Rules:
1. No spamming, bumping, trolling, or flamming.
2. Please do not create new threads in this subforum without first obtaining permission.
3. As always follow the Gaia Online TOS.
4. If you have any general questons or comments please PM me or post them in this thread.
5. Have fun! Keep it civil and clean! 3nodding

ENTRANCE!

biggrin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:34 am
WNW FAQ!

What do I do here?
You can explore and admire WNW or you can use it as a RP backdrop. Just read the desciptions and use the links to move through the world.

I'm lost! Is there a map?
Actually there is! You should see one when you enter at the train station but also look for maps with different details all around WNW.

Why are there pictures for some places and not others?
The idea is to create a text based world by describing each location and linking them together. If we had to find a picture for each and every location we would be looking for pictures all the time and not much progress would be made.

Can I add to WNW?
If you wish to add to WNW or if you have any ideas then feel free to PM Strideo. If we like what you have to add then he can help set up links to your new location and find a place for it that makes sense. WNW was made to expand and include Why Not members so if you would like to put in your own shop RP, hang out spot, or you just have some neat ideas let Strideo know.

Can I die in WNW? Like in a choose your own adventure book?
Well, mostly no. There will be "choose your own adventure" sections that will tell a story where you are the main character in an adventure of sorts but most of WNW is a static setting that can be explored at will and role played as a place such as a tavern or a bridge in the forest.

Why do we need permission to make new threads in this subforum?
For now it will help us keep things organized. We will have to go back and forth to add new links to old threads and this will help us be able to find what we are looking for. Also this subforum is dedicated to a very specific purpose and we want to make sure we maintain order and controll to make sure it remains enjoyable for everyone. This is in a very experimental phase right now.

What if a link doesn't work or it doesn't lead where I think it should?
Sometimes we may goof up and forget a link or send a to the wrong place. If you think something is amiss please feel free to PM Strideo so he can take a look at it and determine if everything looks alright or if he needs to fix or clarify something. We want everything to work smoothly so don't be afraid to ask.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Anatsu Blacolm

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:42 am
seen it. luv it. keep it up Strideo.  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:53 am
Anatsu Blacolm
seen it. luv it. keep it up Strideo.
Thank You! biggrin  

Strideo
Crew

Angelic Light Blue

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:54 am
Awesome idea.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:45 pm
I think it's fun to travel around from place to place.
It's a shame that it isn't really apreicated as much as is should be
after all your hard work.

kiarados

Witty Shapeshifter

9,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Tycoon 200

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:32 am
kiarados
I think it's fun to travel around from place to place.
It's a shame that it isn't really apreicated as much as is should be
after all your hard work.
Thank you. I wasn't really sure how it would be recieved.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:21 am
This is a very creative guild! biggrin  

Tosama

downByTheLake---

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:05 am
nice guild 3nodding 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:19 am
this was a great idea! keep it up!  

hanafan36

BroadKast

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:55 pm
G'day guys biggrin
I have just been added to the Guild YAY FOR ME!!
what i have seen so far is great, its really creative, and really well put together, can't wait to check the whole thing out  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:03 am
Thanks for the comments everyone!

I'm glad some of you enjoy it because it was a lot of work to create. Sorry I've neglected this area of the guild recently. sweatdrop  

Strideo
Crew

Nia Lunaire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:21 pm
Nice guild **pets guild's head and gives it a cookie**  
"WNW" ☼Why Not World☼

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items