Reply The Creative Corner
Rivalry-RPG Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

morbid_survivor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:52 am
This is an RP for beyblade ((duh,)). It's based upon a rival team of the Bladebreakers, in the section between V Force and G Rev, when they're still together. The rival team are equal in both strength and skill to the Bladebreakers. The teams meet, but neither know who the other is, or about they're strength. ((The rival team don't know about the Bladebreakers because they have only just come into Japan, and grew up together in a village with no media or information of the world outside of it's boundaries.)) When they find out about each other's strength they pit against each other and are continuously battling it out to see who will win.
That's the introduction. Hope you like the idea. I still need people to play the parts of members of the rival team and the Bladebreakers. here's the profile thing for the OC characters in the Rival team.

Name:
Eyes:
Clothes:
Other:
Team occupation: ((i.e. What is youir position in the team))
Personality:
Hobbies:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Background:
Bitbeast name:
Bitbeast appearance:
Blade name:
Blade appearance:
Attacks:

We need a cool name too, so post if you have any ideas. If you wan't to be a canon character, post a paragraph of writing as a sort of audition. You need to portray the character's personality as best you can.

Thanks! I'll post a message when it's all been decided, informing you of who's doing what and so on and then we can get started, so post fast!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:55 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

morbid_survivor

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:02 pm
You have some points to consider before going on with this RP. Sorry if I sound harsh, but I do a fair bit of writing and RPing.

Regarding the growing up in a secluded village, I doubt Beyblading would be their only form of entertainment. Each culture has their own ways to spend their free time. Their own games, sports and activities. Having Beyblades implies that they were at one point in contact with the outer world. Beyblading gives the impression that originated in Asia and would have migrated to other places in the world. Thus settlers of some sort brought Beyblading to the New Zealand continent.

Secondly their dress would not be like that if they came from a secluded village. They would more represent the clothing that they grew up with. I doubt in a culture like you described finger rings would be an article of jewelry passed down. Also, they would not have a great deal of money with which to buy clothing. Think more of the St. Shields and their clothing style.

There is no way to be certain that the new team is in fact equal to the Bladebreakers. Each person has a differing blading style that gives them strenghts and weakenesses. Besides, there are already too many copycat teams within the show. xp

AND DON'T USE BLADEBREAKERS AS BASES AND MILDLY CHANGE THEM! The point of an Original Character is to be ORIGINAL. Spend some time making up a character that means something to you and would work well as a contrast to another character.

Anyone that tries to make a Beyblade character a family member (brother/sister, cousin, third cousin twice removed on their aunt's husband's cousin's side, etc) will not be allowed. I'm sorry, but that sibling thing is 1) overdone 2) recipe for Mary Sue/Gary Stu

Homans, I feel so tyrannical now. @_@ I just don't want some Mary Sue/Gary Stu thing happening in here. I'll be happy to fill a role though if you need another person. =D Just try reworking a few things and if you need any help feel free to PM me. I don't bite. Really.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:02 am
OK thx. I shall rewrite the story and try to come up with something more original. Thx for the advice. How do you cope with giving that kind of help? God, I'd be way to scared. Lol!  

morbid_survivor

-[Miss]1221[Murder]-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:58 am
just some questions before I post my RP info.

1. What other positions are there on the team?
2. Do we need a bit beast?
3. How many attacks can we have?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:37 pm
1. There are any positions you want to fill. You could be anything you want-Co-Captain, Strategist, Manager or just a member. be creative! Invent something!
2. No, you don't have to have a bitbeast. It's optional.
3. I think 3 would be the best choice because it makes it easier to keep track of.

As I said in the last post, I'm re-thinking the storyline to make it more original, so if you have any ideas poast them here and I'll review them. Thx for replying!
P.S. Fill in the background with anything you can think of. It would probably help with the new design and I can help you edit them when we've decided on a final idea.  

morbid_survivor

-[Miss]1221[Murder]-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:59 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:46 am
That sounds really good. I like the names too, especiall the Prism Elements. It's very cool! Well done. You're in the team...once it starts that is. Like I said before, you may be able to have the first bit of your background, but we'll go through them all when the idea is re-written and we have more people joining. You can PM me or post here if you've any problems or queries about anything. Post soon!  

morbid_survivor

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:14 pm
@Morbid. People can't improve if they don't get good criticism. I personally love getting true and possibly even blunt criticism and feel that there are many others out there that feel the same. =D

Just an idea you might want to consider (or just take aspects from), maybe the team could be comprised of some mismatched bladers that come together through poverty and a common love for beyblading. Their intent is to promote the strength of women Beybladers, to have fun, make money/a name for themselves and wail on the Bladebreakers? ninja

I'll play Kai if you don't mind... or Rei. I love playing them both. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:45 pm
@andraia: If we ever get this started...may I play Rei? Since you said Kai first...just asking. ^___^  

Drixer

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:07 pm
Drixer
@andraia: If we ever get this started...may I play Rei? Since you said Kai first...just asking. ^___^

Oh yes, go for Rei~! =D Well, if morbid permits. She's running the show. I'm just aiding where I can to prevent Sueism.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:05 pm
animeandraia
@Morbid. People can't improve if they don't get good criticism. I personally love getting true and possibly even blunt criticism and feel that there are many others out there that feel the same. =D

Just an idea you might want to consider (or just take aspects from), maybe the team could be comprised of some mismatched bladers that come together through poverty and a common love for beyblading. Their intent is to promote the strength of women Beybladers, to have fun, make money/a name for themselves and wail on the Bladebreakers? ninja

I'll play Kai if you don't mind... or Rei. I love playing them both. xp

Thanks again for the advice. I will try...no I will be more creatively criticising. And yes you two, you may be Kai and Ray, but try to portray their characteristics and feelings in the posts, K?  

morbid_survivor

Daiku Maryu

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:02 am
I want to be Tala! Can I? As for an audition: my fanfic about Tala. If you want me to write one here I can do this as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:02 am
eh, sorry for the freakish-ly long story sweatdrop I know it kinda sucks, but it was the best I could do  

-[Miss]1221[Murder]-

morbid_survivor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:01 am
Welcome Maria-Lin! You most certainly can be Tala!  
The Creative Corner

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff