Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Whats your God and Goddess? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[GWW Guild Mule]

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:22 pm
I know for Wicca, most people chose their God and Goddess, like Athena and Apollo. So, I wanna know what your God and Goddess is. *Note: Mainly because I still have yet to find mine, I wanna look into some of the more popular ones. xD*

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:25 pm
Um, I was under the impression that there are two specific deities in Wicca, whose names one learns after initiation.  

midara the happy banshee

[GWW Guild Mule]

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:40 pm
midara the happy banshee
Um, I was under the impression that there are two specific deities in Wicca, whose names one learns after initiation.

Well, then how are dedicants supposed to find out? Usually most dedicants of wicca that I know just deside what the God and Goddess is to them, like I have a freind who does Bridget, and I can't remember her God's name at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:03 pm
Kansas Kandi
midara the happy banshee

Well, then how are dedicants supposed to find out? Usually most dedicants of wicca that I know just deside what the God and Goddess is to them, like I have a freind who does Bridget, and I can't remember her God's name at the moment.

Well, if someone worships Apollo and Athena, then they're worshipping Apollo and Athena, not the Wiccan Lord and Lady.

When someone wants to learn more about Wicca, they can go to a coven and express their interest in learning. Even if you're too young to join, they can always point you in the right direction as far as research goes.

Edit: As a Hellenic, I can say (though admitedly through UPG) that Apollo and Athena are not the Wiccan Lord and Lady. Even if you believe that all gods are facets of one or two divinities, simple research can tell you that Athena is not a maiden/mother/crone deity like the Wiccan Lady, and Apollo is not a nature god.  

midara the happy banshee

[GWW Guild Mule]

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:10 pm
I know a bad set of examples, and sorry, I am just confused about the deity things sometimes. xD Anyways, I looked for covens in my area, and there really arn't any. If I go to one, I usually get a bad vibe from the people there, and they tend to whisper, or, they are a bunch of giggly girls who don't know what they are doing, so I have been studying on my own for a while. I can usually tell a good site from a bad site, I must have just got confused during my research. ::Goes to study the wicca Deities a little more. ::

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:27 pm
Kansas Kandi
I know a bad set of examples, and sorry, I am just confused about the deity things sometimes. xD Anyways, I looked for covens in my area, and there really arn't any. If I go to one, I usually get a bad vibe from the people there, and they tend to whisper, or, they are a bunch of giggly girls who don't know what they are doing, so I have been studying on my own for a while. I can usually tell a good site from a bad site, I must have just got confused during my research. ::Goes to study the wicca Deities a little more. ::

Yeah, I know that covens can be a little silly at times. I wish you good luck on your studies! biggrin  

midara the happy banshee

[GWW Guild Mule]

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:58 pm
Thanks. ^_^

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:23 pm
In my mixed faith, I currently look to the Almighty Father (Catholic term for the supreme being/force), Lord Jesus of Nazereth, Lady Mother Mary, Raven, Dogfish, and Saraswati for guidence and assitance.

...It's interesting, to say the least. Though, no one's really complained about the situation. mrgreen  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:59 pm
Well, I've been with Thoth for a long time now. I followed the Morrigan for a while, but we've since parted ways. My other patron is currently the Lady of Butterflies (my title, She still hasn't told me her name yet) who I found when searching for the best female deity for me.

I don't get along with Aphrodite.  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:01 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Well, I've been with Thoth for a long time now. I followed the Morrigan for a while, but we've since parted ways. My other patron is currently the Lady of Butterflies (my title, She still hasn't told me her name yet) who I found when searching for the best female deity for me.

I don't get along with Aphrodite.
She's an anthromorphized c**k, what do you expect? whee  

Jameta
Captain

Nicky McCloud

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:54 am
I hold a different deity name for each aspect of the Triple Goddess. :3 For me, the maiden is Artemis, the mother Bastet, and the crone Gaia. However, only one god has called to me so far--the Green Man.  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:22 am
As the name implies...

Currently Hecate is "my" Goddess. I haven't really sought after a Male Deity as of yet, and I'm not really much for Gods they don't play a big part of my religion, it's centered more around elements and such.

Jameta language! Shh you wouldn't want her to come visit at inappropriate times now would you? ninja  

Goddess Hekate
Crew

Shadow Chyld

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:58 pm
I used to work with Horus, but not so much anymore. I don't have any specific deity that I worship exclusively.  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:56 pm
I honor Ganesha, Aset, and Cerridwen... I know they are all from quite different beliefs, but it works for me.  

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

The Viscount

Liberal Sex Symbol

5,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:10 pm
midara the happy banshee

Well, if someone worships Apollo and Athena, then they're worshipping Apollo and Athena, not the Wiccan Lord and Lady.
Edit: As a Hellenic, I can say (though admitedly through UPG) that Apollo and Athena are not the Wiccan Lord and Lady. Even if you believe that all gods are facets of one or two divinities, simple research can tell you that Athena is not a maiden/mother/crone deity like the Wiccan Lady, and Apollo is not a nature god.

sweatdrop I don't think that's quite right. One of the "secret" names of the Wiccan Lady, the Goddess, is Athena. o_O; When you worship the Goddess and call her Athena, she takes on the 'appearance' or qualities of Athena - she becomes Athena. The same would go for Apollo, I imagine. Athena as she is commonly perceived does not display the qualities of maiden/mother/crone, but she does display some elements of each. Apollo started out as a nature god. Later he became a sun deity, but isn't the sun a part of nature? xD The Wiccan Lord contains all the aspects of divinity, as does the Goddess, including the nature and name of Apollo - they are one and the same.

Or at least that's what I've been taught. o_O

Anyhoodles. I would say my Lord and Lady are Devi and Deva, Goddess and God. They are the primary names (for me at least) of all the other Deities. I relate closely with Tara and Saraswati. <3 Rawr.

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff