Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Have fun, don't be a webster! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soviet Reunion

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:47 am
There are times when you don't absolutly have to avoid text talk. I still like to say "PWND","lurve" and "PWNZ" in humorous instances. What other words would you guys use that aren't perfect grammar.  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:50 am
what is a "lurve"?  

Ceegamus

Lou101

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:56 am
I say "lol" when I don't know what else to say, or don't really want to talk to someone.  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:47 pm
The only weakness I have is a compulsive for ascii text faces. I'm trying to break that habit, though.

Chanceless

Eloquent Fairy

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:27 pm
I use smileys like ^^ and xD a lot, and I still misuse the ellipsis sometimes. I think that's about it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:47 am
I've got an occasional weakness for smilies, especially when I IM friends, and I'll use the occasional acronym, but that's all.  

Sola Catella

Emmanuela

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:02 am
I always use smilies, it's a bad habit>.< Though I always try and avoid using acronyms like lol or lmao, had to think what that meant there...  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:02 pm
Yes, I the founder of this guild am guilty of the same thing. "Hypocrite!" "You suck!!!" *dodges hurtling projectiles* Ahem!

I use some "slangy" words such as "cuz" and "gonna". *runs away from angry grammarians wielding pitchforks and torches*

I also like to use some Net acronyms such as "brb", "afk", "bbs", "lol" and the ever-popular "kk". The last one is never used outside of IMs though.

And yes, I too like to indulge in smilies. Right Domo-kun? domokun domokun domokun  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Eleusinian Mysteries

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:22 pm
I use ^.^ a lot, as well as all of the little emoticons Gaia has.  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:31 pm
I am a softie for the smilies too...but I've never tried to stop myself.

Other things would probably be using a made up word among my friends as we came up with them by spelling mistakes and it tends to be a joke for us.  

Kohy

[[ Vanilla ]]

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:53 pm
I use the smileys. That's about it. I don't see what's wrong with them. I think they look good with a nicely spelled out post.  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:49 pm
<[ Richness comes from the heart heart Not from earning money. ]>

Emoticons are there so that we can express our mood/feelings in more ways than one... ^^" As well as the smilies expressed using the keyboard, they're just another ingenious method to communicate without actually typing anything English. People seem to take this as n00b language, and I have to say it is very similar... as you would not find "xD", "=^_^=" or ">.>;" in the dictionary. However, these aren't exactly n00b language either... they do not diss our literacy, and merely only express attitude.

<[I... I'm hyperactive heart User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]>

KoshiDoragon

Aramethea

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm
some random rivethead...
There are times when you don't absolutly have to avoid text talk. I still like to say "PWND","lurve" and "PWNZ" in humorous instances. What other words would you guys use that aren't perfect grammar.

Could someone tell me please what PWND and PWNZ are? I don't get that at all.

Sometimes I catch myself saying "He went, 'Hey', and so I was all like, 'Yeah!'" And I do use lol and the like when I'm chatting with my sister in the IM.  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:50 pm
I used 'Stmu and wtm' more often than not when I'm on messenger, as well as in reality. Of course, wtm and stmu are both recreations of the commonly used, "STFU" and "WTF." I dislike 'lol,' 'brb,' and any other text talk. I type out my words, except for the 'stmu and wtm.'  

Baelaza

Zealot of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:33 am
I tend to avoid acronyms nowadays.

But I do love smileys. mrgreen  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items