Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
My Baby was kidnapped! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Has your child ever been taken?
  Yes, by the evil nanny
  Yes, by the evil Social Worker
  Yes, by that strange man who wandered in
  No, nothing weird like that ever happens.
View Results

Spoilt_lil_missy

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:51 pm
Ok, I've seen people say it before, that their baby was taken by the Nanny and I've seen people complaining about OFB and the customers who wander in and pick up the baby. But even though I've had strangers playing with my children, I've never had somebody walk off with one before. But that's what happened today! I have these twins (the first born from Cheesecake) and I hadn't bothered locking the nursery door...because I just hadn't...and the twins both needed changing and instead of maxmotives which I've been doing so often with this family that the babies haven't had any interaction with their parents, I got the mother to sort them out.

But while she was on her way up a man walked into the room and picked up the baby. And then walked out. But I didn't give it much thought, figured he was going to feed little Melly, but then, when Mallory clicked the crib to put Macy back in it, instead of the normal "Put in Crib..." with options, it just said "Put Macy in Crib" and then I realised that one of the babies was GONE!

I quit without saving, well what else could I do? But I could have cried because I'd done so much on this family without saving it. Getting the father's mechanical skills maxed for his job. This beautiful picture of their teenage son and his boyfriend in the hot tub (seriously, it was so touching) and it's ALL GONE!!!!! crying

I think I'm going to go and cry now...  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:08 pm
Oh my gosh!!! I've never had that happen!!! I know how much it sucks when you exit without saving because something happens that you just REALLY REALLY don't want to happen, though.  

Sweet_Melissad

goatguy_64

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:22 pm
That's why on days that I'm doing serious gaming, I use an egg timer to remind me to save every ten minutes.  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:37 am
it's a glitch that was not supposed to happen when the Nanny takes a kid and goes off with her- i think that it was fixed with the patch- either that or you have to download a hack somewhere  

Zwiebelsaft!

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:41 am
Yeah, that's happened to me, with a toddler. Just, exit (save if you like, it doesn't matter) then go back in the house. She should be next to the mailbox.  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:57 am
Wow!That's never happened to me before.I've never even heard of that heppening before. eek  

[CHEMICALVEINS]

NekoKisaka

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:39 pm
a strange sim took one of the babies i had.  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:23 pm
I've read albums on the Exchange (thesims2.ea.com) where the nanny takes the kid after being fired. I've had the social worker take them. But never, ever, have I had a random person take them. Sure, I've had townies pick 'em up, but not kidnap the, er, kid.  

Sytomai

Bit-Bit18

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:50 am
who is that strange sim?  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:16 am
I have never had a child taken by a strange sim and I have never heard of such a thing, the only person in that game that has taken any babies is the social worker.

TheNamelessAngelofHell

NekoKisaka

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:25 pm
i'm not sure who the strange sim was but i think his name was Brad or Bruce last name unknown to me  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:27 am
I only had that happen to me once by some woman who was over...I am careful to never let anyone go near the babies or toddlers anymore lol. I never had one taken away by the nanny though...  

face-_-ache

Scathach13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:31 am
This is one of the reasons I obsessively save all the time. It's not just in the Sims2 that it's a good idea - it's generally a good policy in all games, 'cause you never know when your mom is going to run in and scream for you to do your homework, then turn off the PS2 while you scream in horror. By the way, what are... maxmotives, you called them? Is it a cheat code? The only one I know for the Sims2 is motherlode, unfortinutly. Or do you just go and fill out all their wants...? By the way, was the guy the same one that randomly runs by your house and kicks over the garbage can?

Has anyone succeded in killing him? *twitchy eye*  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:28 pm
=o

I wish stuff like that happened to me in my game. Nothing exciting ever happens to my families.

MinaTheRomanticNeko

Spoilt_lil_missy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:49 pm
Scathach13
By the way, what are... maxmotives, you called them? Is it a cheat code? The only one I know for the Sims2 is motherlode, unfortinutly. Or do you just go and fill out all their wants...?

Um, maxmotives is a cheat that came with Nightlife. It's wonderful and addictive (as anyone who has used it will probably agree). It maxes out all of your Sims needs, so when you're got a pregnant mother on the point of collapse from hunger and tiredness, you type in maxmotives and all her bars are green again and she lives on. I've been finding it very useful with babies because then they never need to be changed or fed...it just means the parents don't interact with them.

Oh and it works on everyone on the lot...hmm...wonderful...  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff