Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Knitting Journal Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AccentualWolf

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:13 pm
After reading Knitting Rules by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee I had decided to start a knitting journal. In the book knitting rules it talked about people who keep a knitting journal. After making my MP3 cozy I wrote my first entry of it with the pattern and notes that will help me and anyone I decide to lend it to for easy to read patterns that I write. (i figured I could do this since it wasn't an ordinary journal) I was wondering who else has started on or who have thought about starting one.

P.S. I was thinking about starting my own knitting blog on my myspace page since I had not officially decided what kind of page it will be. What do you think?? If you don't like the idea can you give me an good web site for blogs that I can sit one up. THANK EVERYONE!!! xd xd xd  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:25 pm
I've decided to turn my Gaia Journal into a Knitting blog. I might get one of the ones from Blogspot.com later, but I figure Gaia's a nice spot to start out. I'm not nearly as interesting a writer as most knitting bloggers, but at least this way, I can practice... y'know.... getting interesting. sweatdrop  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

buttoneyes

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:31 pm
if you're going to make a blog, i'd say go for blogspot.com. i use that and its by far the best.
wow knitting journal... i havent really thought of that...  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:06 am
buttoneyes
if you're going to make a blog, i'd say go for blogspot.com. i use that and its by far the best.
wow knitting journal... i havent really thought of that...

I like blogspot especially since you can upload the images you use in your journal. I don't recommend it for remote hosting but it's really convenient so you don't have to work with a photobucket account. smile  

Cyanna

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:29 am
I have been seeing a lot of knitting blog's out threre latly, I think its a really good idea.
I have tryed making blog's in the past...but I never really posted anything in them coss every thing I would have posted would be way personal.
but I'd be more than happy to make one for my knitting!  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:20 pm
I have one at deadjournal.com, but that's where i keep my "normal" journals too, so... yeah. I've seen a TON of typepad accounts, and second most are blogger.com (blogspot) journals. A fair amount of livejournal ones crop up too.

If you want to look at mine as an idea of what types of stuff I knit about (and I sadly have been neglecting it in both what I am writing and how in depth I'm writing, the earlier entries are better), I can post the URL

firrantello

~neko neko kitty~

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:12 am
I keep a craft journal, but it's not online yet... I had a blog previously but stopped since I couldn't post pics, but since I can again I'm going to start up on a blog again.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:35 pm
I just got my craft blog online (www.nekoknitter.wordpress.com) but I'm still going to keep a hard copy journal to store swatches and what not  

~neko neko kitty~

firrantello

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:59 pm
~neko neko kitty~
I just got my craft blog online (www.nekoknitter.wordpress.com) but I'm still going to keep a hard copy journal to store swatches and what not
i probably would keep a hard copy, except that most of the patterns i want to work are online and i honestly don't swatch because i know my gauge is always tighter than it should be. *shrug* i'm lazy like that biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:43 pm
firrantello
~neko neko kitty~
i probably would keep a hard copy, except that most of the patterns i want to work are online and i honestly don't swatch because i know my gauge is always tighter than it should be. *shrug* i'm lazy like that biggrin
In all honestly I don't swatch unless I'm the one writting the pattern. I hate swatching, I'm sure that'll get me in trouble some day. sweatdrop  

~neko neko kitty~

Umberella

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:24 pm
firrantello
I have one at deadjournal.com, but that's where i keep my "normal" journals too, so... yeah. I've seen a TON of typepad accounts, and second most are blogger.com (blogspot) journals. A fair amount of livejournal ones crop up too.

If you want to look at mine as an idea of what types of stuff I knit about (and I sadly have been neglecting it in both what I am writing and how in depth I'm writing, the earlier entries are better), I can post the URL

I'd like to see what's available on Deadjournal. I'd also like to get one of those account access numbers from an existing member. Any ideas?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:53 pm
Umberella
firrantello

I'd like to see what's available on Deadjournal. I'd also like to get one of those account access numbers from an existing member. Any ideas?
what do you mean by what's available?
PM me and let me know, i might be able to help you out smile

firrantello

LadyAnubis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:59 am
I've thought about doing something like that, but I never keep up on it. I do keep a file of all the yarns I've used and their care and content, and then anytime I do something with shaping, I write down the instructions on the computer and include a photo.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:02 am
I write down craft notes all the time, but never in the same place- they're either in the margins of where I found the pattern (books included but in pencil) or in whatever notebook I happen to have handy at the time. I probably should have an actual place for these notes, but I can never be bothered at the time to hunt up anything specific.  

Blue-eyes-green

jbeth

Thirteenth Streaker

16,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:13 am
wordpress.com seems decent for blogs. I installed wordpress on my domain for my blog and I really like it.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff