Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 21: ...And the Cow Jumped Over the Moon...
Growing up and Life Experiences Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PunctureWounds

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:20 am
I'll have to give credit where due and firstly say, that this topic is brought to you by Nycko!

Here is a place we can share those valuable life lessons learned, or just to share our stories of growing up.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:26 am
I'll start with a funny story about my little sister, Amber. When we were small, our father drove a Jeep Cherokee. Amber at this point in time was learning animal noises. One day while strolling in the yard by the jeep, Amber was heard to remark, "Jeep says baaa!". Our parents were forever asking her what the Jeep said after that!

The next one will have to be about me, but I thought that was a really cute story. Bye for now. (:

PunctureWounds

Pomegranate Love

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:54 pm
When my cousin Jon was younger he knew a guy from church name Ken. Ken lived in a condo. Jon couldn't say condo, so whenever he was asked where Ken lived he would say condom.

- Hey Jon, where does Ken live?
- In a condom.

This cracked my grandmother up.  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:54 pm
LOL, those are great.

I remember growing up with my older brothers. There's a mountian range behind our house and it takes and hour by walking to get there. So every summer we take a day off out of the week to go hike up the mountian. The coolest thing happened one day. We came across cow and pig bones and started to take them back home. Though we thought at the time it was cool...our parents yelled at us and told us to take it back. Well one of my older brother's didn't, and he got sick because he kept the pigs skull with these huge tusks. So when he got worst, my oldest brother took the pigs skull back and the next day our brother was better.

scary no? lol. I thought it was a good memory...never touch dead bones, they contain spirits. So says the Hawaiian people.  

Nycko

Nycko

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:41 am
So don't laugh too hard.

In first grade, my brother and I slept on bunk beds. And I had the top. One night, I forgot to put the protector on so I wouldn't fall off. I took it off because earlier that day, my brother and I were jumping off from the top into a bed of blown up inflattables. Okay..so I fell off my bed and woke up on the ground. Went a week without knowing my left arm was fractured. Got a cast that I wore for three months. Six months after the cast came off, I broke my same arm again...climbing up my bed.

yeah...I'm lame.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:26 pm
Ha ha! Lives in a condom!

Nycko that's spooky about the bones, and just plain bad luck with your broken arm!

Ok, so as I've mentioned, I'm the oldest of three girls. This is the story of my first sister, Amber, coming home. Of course my parents had told me all about me getting a new brother or sister, and even bought me a presant from Amber to me. I was quite a well adusted three year old and didn't show much sign of jelousy. I always wanted to help feed and change her, and held and kissed her often.
One day, I must have felt a little tired of all the attention she was getting, and out of the blue I smiled at my mother and said sweetly, "I just want to squish her flatter than a pancake". This scared my mother to say the least, because I had said it in such a kind way with an eerie smile pasted on. But, truely I couldn't survive without my little sis', it was just one of those days in the life of a three year old!

PunctureWounds

Nycko

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:16 am
Whoa, talking about scary. Though I can see that, I was a bit jealous at times about my younger brother and sister getting more attention than me. Then my mom made me play with my older brothers.

I remember one time my brothers and I built a club house with a few friends in our neighborhood. Every summer we always had to start from scratch, because some idiot would cause a brush fire behind our house and we always had to start over. But I must say, it got better and better each year till my oldest brother reached high school and then the fun slowly stopped. Damn puberty.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:35 pm
My stories are real downers, so I'll just leave them out of this. . .  

Danno

Nycko

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:38 am
Hey its okay man. Just post em, unless its too much for you. Then its cool.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:28 pm
Kids say the darndest things.
My son used to call Golden Grahams, Go bennen.
And Cheerios were called Chich-o's.
Don't know where those came from but hey, we still use it sometimes today and he's 20!  

jambare

7,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Voter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

jambare

7,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Voter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:31 pm
Oh and when my youngest daughter was about 3 or so, we were traveling and having breakfast out. It was buffet style so we could pick and choose what we ate.
Well, she had some food on her plate and asked if she could have some more. I said "But you haven't touched what's on your plate." So she took her finger and went "Touch touch touch", touching each item on the plate, "Now can I have some more?" blaugh

To this day she's got the quick snappy comeback answers and we don't know where she got that from. Just something she did all on her own.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:49 pm
That's hilarious jambare! My little sister is the same way, she's always got some smart-alec remark to come back at everything! I can't think of an example now, but when I do, it'll be here!  

PunctureWounds

LadyAmbrosia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:51 pm
Those are cute stories! ( I espiecially like the one about me!)

Except for the spooky one. That's not cool.

Anyway I have a good one about Lisa. Once she drew her name on Mom's closet door in deoderant and said I did it! I was only 2! But it's ok, because when we were younger and I was crying, she comforted me by saying in her best 'Mommy' voice "it's ok, I'm here, I'm here". We actually have that on tape. So cute!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:39 pm
lol That's funny! I like it when siblings tell stories about each other.... twisted

Ooh, my mother says that I always said *adopts my mother's voice* "Such the cutest little phrases for everything!" rolleyes Like the movie Thumbelina I would call Fulkamina, bicycle was bikisckle, and spaghetti was pasketti (but I think almost every little kid does that one). Oh, and to get out of taking them, I would hide my vitamins under the seat cushion. That's all I can think of right now, I must have been really boring..... mrgreen  

Pandalover263

Diablo_Pawn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:52 pm
I'd just like to say that in the world ... there is always going to be at least one cruel person who only thinks about making theirself happy, and will one day step into your life. For example, myself, my girlfriend along with my other friends were skating at a public park. It just so happened that some old fat ugly lady lived down the street saying we have to get out just cuz her dogs started to stare at us without barking or anything! We were all annoyed and didn't listen, but then we were forced to get out when she said she'd call the cops for tresspassing on her property when it wasn't true. We decided to just leave, knowing that she'd finally shut up.... stare  
21: ...And the Cow Jumped Over the Moon...

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games