Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Can I cry and hate christians yet? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[GWW Guild Mule]

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:46 pm

I still go to youth group, and all you know, I have frioends who go, so I hang out with them there.
The leader was telling a story about people killing goats, and stuff and EXACT quote:
"They killed goats and stuff, kinda like Hethrens, Pagans, you know, the likes."
I almost left then, but I haven't came out yet. so they don't know.
He also made some rude marks about Homosexuals(I believe it was an accident.).
Discuss(I want a discussiong):
What you think of what my youth group leader said.
Christians hating pagans
Pagans hating Christians
Whatever else you think of.
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:49 pm

I've run into that before, and I just shrug it off as blatant ignorance. Pagans these days do not sacrifice animals - as far as I know. At least the ones I know. The ones who do are the ones getting the media hype.

I think the youth group leader is ignorant. Maybe in an innocent way - I don't know the guy. I'd say educate him a little, but you're not really out of the "broom closet" or whatever the term is these days, sooo...

I just generally don't let stuff like that bother me. =/ Even in churches, and things like that. They have their opinions (which they think are fact) and you, the Pagan/Wiccan/whatever, know the truth.

Feryal Riska

[GWW Guild Mule]

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:52 pm

I know, I know the truth, but what about the other kids. When I come out they would think I was some goat sacrificing person.
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:31 pm

I would say just take the youth pastor aside and talk to him about it. Explain the situation, and make sure that he knows you are firm in your beliefs but only come to commune with your friends and have what Christians like to call 'fellowship' with them.

If he persists, I'm sure there are legal measures you could take.. but that's an extreme circumstance.

I agree, tho. He's probably just ignorant.

Anima Lux

Fashionable Star

11,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100

LunaInverse

Cheery Sweetheart

17,000 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:53 am

I think hate begets hate. Pure and simple.

The only difference between a Christian making statements about Wicca (or whatever you want to call it) that are untrue and a Pagan who does the same is who the target is.

My path is no more "right" than theirs, as far as I'm concerned. My path is what works for me, and no one else, so I don't expect anyone else to accept my beliefs as "truth".

There will always be ignorance in society, regardless of what their beliefs are. I don't agree with that youth leader, but I support their right to believe what they do.

Ultimately, it's your decision what to do. Can you hang out with these friends outside of the youth group?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:47 am

LunaInverse
I think hate begets hate. Pure and simple.

The only difference between a Christian making statements about Wicca (or whatever you want to call it) that are untrue and a pagan who does the same is who the target is.

My path is no more "right" than theirs, as far as I'm concerned. My path is what works for me, and no one else, so I don't expect anyone else to accept my beliefs as "truth".

There will always be ignorance in society, regardless of what their beliefs are. I don't agree with that youth leader, but I support their right to believe what they do.

Ultimately, it's your decision what to do. Can you hang out with these friends outside of the youth group?
No, my best friend recently moved away, so the only way I see her is when her parents let her go to youth group.

[GWW Guild Mule]

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:57 am

Well, you could hate them, but then you're not allowed to complain if they hate you back mrgreen

As for the whole sacrifice thing, the Celts kinda practiced human sacrifice as well, and seeing as most of our history comes from a Roman bias, it's easy to see where th views on paganism come from.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:23 am

I don't think it's fair to even consider judging Christians and hating them as a group based upon the attitude of one youth group leader; he's an idiot, pure and simple, and the fundaments of the religion do not entitle him to the views he's toting. I'd suggest taking him aside and explain to him that you're upset by his blatant biggotry, and that it has no place within a youth group. If it continues to be a problem, report him to the organizers of your youth group or the head of your church for hate mongering, which is exactly what he's doing. Be prepared for backlash, however.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

MOD66

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:45 am

i've learned form experince hate the player not the game. whic works in this. you dont have to hate all chirstains just the ones that are close minded bastards mrgreen . i have3 a bunch of chirstians in my school (who dosen't) and some of them are closeminded others arent
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:08 pm

Nihilistic Seraph
Well, you could hate them, but then you're not allowed to complain if they hate you back mrgreen

As for the whole sacrifice thing, the Celts kinda practiced human sacrifice as well, and seeing as most of our history comes from a Roman bias, it's easy to see where th views on paganism come from.

Yeah, and many pagans today do still do animal sacrifice. I know several. In many paths, it's explicitly called for. In Hellenism, it's very clear that the Gods desire certain offerings, and many Hellenists feel the need to honor this by animal sacrifice.

midara the happy banshee

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:22 pm

midara the happy banshee
Nihilistic Seraph

Yeah, and many pagans today do still do animal sacrifice. I know several. In many paths, it's explicitly called for. In Hellenism, it's very clear that the Gods desire certain offerings, and many Hellenists feel the need to honor this by animal sacrifice.
There's also the matter of burnt offering to God in Leviticus.

Women are unclean! Oh no! gonk
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:35 pm

Nihilistic Seraph
midara the happy banshee
Nihilistic Seraph

There's also the matter of burnt offering to God in Leviticus.

Women are unclean! Oh no! gonk
me and ai friend were online looking for some way to summon a lesser deamnon (SP)((not evil!)) and it said we had to offer some thin, seeing as his little sister was out of the house we used a pop-tart mrgreen

MOD66

LawrenceIII

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:39 pm

my chisrtian friend calls me the mini-antichisrt
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:00 pm

Amusing bit of trivia. The term "Satan" pretty much means "accuser" and can mean anyone who accuses or doubts God. While there may be a Evil Entity creature, by definition, we are all Satan mrgreen

Then again, Jesus' "Father, why hast thou forsaken me!" line means that He was Satan as well for a bit ^.^

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

MOD66

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:16 pm

Nihilistic Seraph
Amusing bit of trivia. The term "Satan" pretty much means "accuser" and can mean anyone who accuses or doubts God. While there may be a Evil Entity creature, by definition, we are all Satan mrgreen

Then again, Jesus' "Father, why hast thou forsaken me!" line means that He was Satan as well for a bit ^.^
i know a few hundred people that would cursify you for that xd but its too damn funny rofl
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff