Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
never mind, project canceled Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gemini6184

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:38 am
Hey I was wondering if any of the rest of my fellow knitters here would help me out with my book. I need a person, or a few people, to proofread my patterns. So far I have 7 out of 9 done, and I would love to have someone tell me if they can 'translate' them properly. I may know what I mean, but I want everyone to understand them.

If anyone is interested I can email them to you tonight as soon as I get home; if you would pm me with any suggestions for them I would greatly appreciate it.

Since they're all different levels of difficulty, please specify which difficulty you would prefer to read for me sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:44 am
Feel free to chuck some my way, I reckon I'm an intermediate kinda knitter.  

Squirrel of Doom

gemini6184

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:38 pm
awesome, soon as my comp is done defragging i shall biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:37 am
I'm... beginning to intermidiate, methinks. If you want me to try and proof-read 'em, feel free to pm me. (ah, sorry about the oddness, I feel hyperish today... sweatdrop )  

KariudoMegami

Chibi Navi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:56 am
Send me one, i will help you. Im an advanced beginer by the way  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:58 am
I forgot... Yay!! you are making a pattern book, congrats!! xd  

Chibi Navi

Squirrel of Doom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:18 am
They're all very clear and easy to understand, although I take it you will be including a guide to the abbreviations in your book too, only beginners might find it hard to figure out all the terms. Apart from that I thought they were all pretty cool, do you mind me actually using one at some point? I feel I should be inflicting a hand-knitted jumper on my boyfriend sometime soon! *evil grin*  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:39 am
Squirrel of Doom
They're all very clear and easy to understand, although I take it you will be including a guide to the abbreviations in your book too, only beginners might find it hard to figure out all the terms. Apart from that I thought they were all pretty cool, do you mind me actually using one at some point? I feel I should be inflicting a hand-knitted jumper on my boyfriend sometime soon! *evil grin*
LOL if you think one will work go right ahead. I fit them for my 6'3'' bf and his 6'6'' friend. Right now all I have for the book is the patterns themselves, but yes I will be including such things as an abbreviations guide/glossary. If anyone knows where I can find some fun cable patterns let me know - the last pattern I have to design I want to have lots of cables (it'll be an advanced one @_@)  

gemini6184

gemini6184

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:41 am
Chibi Navi
Thanks! Um, exactly how advanced?

Oh, and btw guys, my comp died again sweatdrop So it'll be a while yet til I get things up and running if I haven't sent you the pattern yet. Thanks so much for everyone's help and support. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:27 am
Gemini6184
Chibi Navi

Oh, and btw guys, my comp died again sweatdrop So it'll be a while yet til I get things up and running if I haven't sent you the pattern yet. Thanks so much for everyone's help and support. heart

Well i can knit, purl, dec/inc, knit in the round with dpn and circulars, do cables....mmm what else? I don't know how to turn a heel for a sock though  

Chibi Navi

Ziggyeor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:24 pm
All right off topic I'm sorry. Hey, Chibi Navi I noticed your signature says you play the Lumines game. Have you figured out the 4 X 4 square in puzzle mode smile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:55 am
i'm an intermidiate knitter and would adore to get a sneak peek at your patterns, so feel free to send one my way...  

carnivore

Chibi Navi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:01 pm
Ziggyeor
All right off topic I'm sorry. Hey, Chibi Navi I noticed your signature says you play the Lumines game. Have you figured out the 4 X 4 square in puzzle mode smile

hehehe sweatdrop not yet. Mostly I been playing on the challenge mode.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:28 pm
carnivore
i'm an intermidiate knitter and would adore to get a sneak peek at your patterns, so feel free to send one my way...

sure thing! just pm me your email addy and I'll send some ASAP - aka as soon as I'm done with my papers sweatdrop All I ask is that you keep them to yourself.  

gemini6184

gemini6184

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:52 am
Chibi Navi
Gemini6184
Chibi Navi

Well i can knit, purl, dec/inc, knit in the round with dpn and circulars, do cables....mmm what else? I don't know how to turn a heel for a sock though
cool you sound like you're as far as I am, lol. PM me ur email addy and I'll send you some over. You can use them if you want, I just ask that you keep 'em to yourself.

On another note, who would want to knit socks anyway? Hand-knit stuff is so warm they'd make your feet sweat somethin' fierce!  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff