Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

w00t
  GOLD!
View Results

NaneXx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:22 pm
I love black clothes. It's pretty much all I own. But it comes with consequences -.- Also I know that not all Goths wear black. (Sorry if this topic has already been posted)

1. Keeping them perfectly black- practically impossible at times. they always end up fading!

2. Having to use a lint roller everyday- I know not everyone does this but I have to flippin' get the lint off of my clothes so they look good, I guess I have some OCD or something...

3. Not common, but getting bleach on them- By accident someone spilled bleach on my favorite black capris and then they had giant red splotches from where they were hit, I was going to cry

4. Having nothing BUT black to wear in the summer...I feel like I;m going to die sometimes, especially since I go to El Salvador (Super close to the equator)

5. Having to go to church...with family...and grandparents...where the priest stares at you like you're the devil himself

These are just some of the problems that I have had with black clothing. Has anyone else had problems?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:51 pm
My favourite black jeans are faded.

::shrug::

I usually mix some grey into my outfit anyway, so it all works out in the end.

I don't go to El Salvadour, but I do go to Florida.

Also not fun D=

I don't bother with a lint roller.

I usually go out and do s**t anyway and get my clothes dirty, so it doesn't even matter xD

I don't go to Church! =O So no problems there.

Another thing I find is that I get asked a lot if I actually own any coloured clothing.

And people always used to stare at me funny on dress-down days because they never realised how "gothic" I was.

But everyone knows it now, so it doesn't matter.

::shrug::

.Sodomy.On.A.Stick.

Demi Veritaz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:58 pm
Actually, black and white clothing are about equal with heat and absorption. Black actually ventilates more, and white ventilates very little, however, black absorbs more adiation, so i think they're equal in that respect.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:07 pm
Demi Veritaz
Actually, black and white clothing are about equal with heat and absorption. Black actually ventilates more, and white ventilates very little, however, black absorbs more adiation, so i think they're equal in that respect.

Big words eek  

NaneXx

Asuna Kimbei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:17 pm
My black socks faded! I liked them because they matched my shoes but now they're gray! And my black GC shirt faded too. Other than that I've managed to keep my few blacks from fading. And wearing black all the time in the south where I live is way too hot!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:00 pm
Veroneko2
Demi Veritaz

Big words eek
if i could understand this, i'd be freakin smart  

hfdhgsdfgsf

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:04 pm
I actually don't have these problems. My clothes don't fade much. I go to church but everyone there loves me and doesn't care how I dress. I only have to use a lint roller when I have something on made of a material that attracts fuzz/lint/fur/etc... Plus since my cats kinda disappeared on me it's not really much of a problem cause I've none to cuddle with. crying

I've had the bleach issue once. But I grew out of the shirt it happened to. which wasn't that big of a deal cause I didn't like it that much anyway. haha. And I don't really go outside much in the summer, so... yeah. haha.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:16 pm
it gets hot when you have to stand in the sun all day
domokun domokun  

genji_90

Whisperer~Nightshade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:45 pm
Yeah, kind of. I have a few pieces of black clothing myself, probably about five (this includes shirts, pants, and skirts). My parents think that that is too much, and my mother thinks that I am turning into my stepsister who is a person like myself (I am trying not to classify anybody). In other words, black clothing can be a hassle when you live with someone like my mother.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:19 pm
Veroneko2
I love black clothes. It's pretty much all I own. But it comes with consequences -.- Also I know that not all Goths wear black. (Sorry if this topic has already been posted)

1. Keeping them perfectly black- practically impossible at times. they always end up fading!

2. Having to use a lint roller everyday- I know not everyone does this but I have to flippin' get the lint off of my clothes so they look good, I guess I have some OCD or something...

3. Not common, but getting bleach on them- By accident someone spilled bleach on my favorite black capris and then they had giant red splotches from where they were hit, I was going to cry

4. Having nothing BUT black to wear in the summer...I feel like I;m going to die sometimes, especially since I go to El Salvador (Super close to the equator)

5. Having to go to church...with family...and grandparents...where the priest stares at you like you're the devil himself

These are just some of the problems that I have had with black clothing. Has anyone else had problems?

The black in summer thing is a biggy. I mean, it's just common sence. My black clothes don't really fade too much, and faded black doesn't bother me. My mom's Wiccan and my dad's Spiritual, so I've never been to church really, and lint doesn't really bother me either.  

lola_siannodel

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:41 pm
I don't shed, so that's no problem to me.

I use special detergent which helps keep black from fading, so that's not a problem either.

Heat? I live in Michigan. It's winter 5 months of the year.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:55 pm
See, my mom doesn't want to buy the detergent for dark colored clothing. Which sucks... And it's why I rarely wear my black Evanescence shirt. I wanna keep it black, damnit.  

EvFaerAshlynn

Al-aaraaf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:06 pm
My moms damn cats are ALWAYS shedding on ALL of my clothes...
Plus, alot of my jeans are starting to fade.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:01 pm
1. My mom freaks out when I wear black all the time as it is.

2. My two yellow labs are shedding like crazy, every season of the year.

3. I got a bleach stain on my favorite pair of black jeans.

4. Mom's forcing me to wear more light clothes...

5. I can't wear my jeans in front of my mom's dad otherwise he thinks that mom's 'raising me wrong.'

6. I live in a country like setting, I stick out like a sore thumb.

7. ALL GOTHS IN OUR YEARBOOK GOT PUT INTO FASHION DON'TS!!!

8. And, I don't go to church cuz of mom's wacko schedual.

9. Lint doesn't bother me, just dog hair. And........... faded black doesn't bother me much.

10. My mom doesn't want me to be associated with 'goths.' And people lable me as a hardcore person and say goths suck... I don't lable myself, I just happen to love black...

:: Shrugs. :: That was kinda mixed up.
sweatdrop 4laugh mrgreen  

Mitsuko Muttosawa

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:31 pm
Ahh yes, the annoyance of cat hair and lint are readily apparant in my appartment. My poor black cloths (espeically the velvet) have it rough sometimes.

Black cloths are a lot like black cars... dirt shows up amazingly well for something you would hope it would blend in with more. sweatdrop  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff