So Naruto anime isn't coming to America? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mizuneko2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:05 pm
Viz Unlicenses Naruto 3.1.05
In a stunning announcement, Viz/ShoPro Entertainment revealed its plans to sell the the North American television, home video, and merchandising rights to Naruto back to it original licensors, TV Tokyo and Shueisha Inc. "We began to feel uncomfortable with the idea of making piles of cash from the show," a Viz representative told ANN. "After several parent advocacy groups showed us the error of our ways, we felt it was the only logical decision." ANN also contacted Cartoon Network, which had planned to broadcast Naruto later this year.

"Thank God, I can use my mailbox again," said an executive VP at the network. "Within minutes of our broadcast announcement, we were flooded with thousands of e-mails claiming to be from enraged mothers." "They were all the same. 'Naruto Uzumaki, he's a mischievous little brat!' 'By choosing to broadcast this show, you are directly responsible for the moral decline of our country's youth.' They said I would rot in hell, and that my family would face eternal damnation if I allowed Naruto to reach American airwaves." When asked how this would impact their licensing plans for 2005, the Viz representative gave another stunning response. "With California's new stem cell initiative and the breakthroughs at Johns Hopkins in placing human stem cells in rats, we asked ourselves: why not hamsters? Imagine, a real-life talking hamster! That would shut up all those folks who keep mocking Hamtaro."
Source: ANN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:25 pm
Ten gold says it's a crappy April Fools Day joke...we could only hope  

Menzeeto

Mizuneko2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:37 pm
Yeah I think it is. xp I'm sure it is. Then they're gonna be all"April Fools!!" and it would just be lame and not funny like "You got me". Remember last years prank? Naruto goes to 4kids gonk .  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:03 pm
Hmm.... yeah, it's prolly a joke.  

Neekroo

RavenCpu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:09 pm
That's definitely a joke. That in no way sounds true.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:11 pm
That is so a joke..... those crud piles at VIZ wouldnt feel guilty. Money is the only thing that matters.  

Envy-san

3,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

KaiaUchiha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:24 pm
I don't know...I actually read something like that...I'll try to look for the article.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:27 pm
PLEASE BE AN APRILS FOOLS DAY JOKE surprised  

MixedUp92

`san-x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:09 pm
Envy-san
That is so a joke..... those crud piles at VIZ wouldnt feel guilty. Money is the only thing that matters.

i totally agree with that
...but Naruto coming to America will kind of ruin some of the story cause dubbing and all tends to screw great animes up sad  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:10 pm
i HATE april fools day jokes, cause i always fall for them... crying why me?  

SoraHimagawa

Naniwasaga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:15 pm
As much as I want Naruto to be not licensed in America, this article must be an April Fools joke. I for one almost fell for it, but when I saw "mothers" and connect it with Naruto? I know it was farfetc'd. Its fake! s**t man...you had my hopes up.... stressed  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:12 am
It must be... it got me for a minute... xd  

Amiiria

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:13 am
I hope it's not coming to America. Cuz what's cooler? Japanese voices or stupid coverups for that.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:38 am
I hope it never comes to England. I don't want a crappy dubbed Naruto.  

Kai Hyugiha

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:40 am
That's what i'm talking about. The Japanese sounds alot cooler then english  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items