Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
How did you become a Naruto fan? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How did you become a Naruto fan?
Friend told me to check it out.
38%
 38%  [ 79 ]
Ads...
2%
 2%  [ 6 ]
I saw it on the shelf, picked it up and read.
12%
 12%  [ 26 ]
I've been a fan too long to rember!
7%
 7%  [ 16 ]
My shinobi senses led me to it...
38%
 38%  [ 79 ]
Total Votes : 206

Reprieve
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:19 pm
How did you first come accross it?

Me? I was in a Barnes & Noble and they didn't have the next volume of Trigun so I figured I'd try out another manga. Looking through I found they had one volume 3 of Naruto. I had never seen it before but I liked the art on the front (Kakashi ^_^) and thought a ninja manga would be cool. So, I read a little, liked it, bought it, and have been a Naruto fan ever since.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:28 pm
I was in a store looking for FLCL manga vol. 2 and I couldn't find it then I saw Naruto manga vol. 1 and I thought *hmm I have heard many good things about this* so I bought it and now I LOVE NARUTO!!!!!  

CatEarzRSexi01

Eyebrow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:29 pm
Well, I had been a One Piece fan for a while and apparently, One Piece and Naruto are practically interchangable so all my friends were into it.

So I checked it out.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:45 pm
at anime central 3 years ago. they had the first episodes in a veiwing room and i saw it there and then the rest is hsitory.  

haru_raver

Barres Granola

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:55 pm
my friend begged me to download the anime for him after he saw all the manga epsiodes online lol...after the first episode i got hooked  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:57 pm
I first got into it from the screening rooms of the convention, and I absolutely LOVE the first two episodes that the first thing I did was go home and start downloading the episodes whee heart  

Demon of Cute

Junsei Zaigou

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:16 pm
My sister was randomly handed episode 1-46 by a friend in High School. ^^ Her and I watched 46 episodes in two days and started downloading instantly after.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:03 pm
I discovered Naruto from downloading manga in IRC channels.

Well, sorta. I saw the name but didn't look into it. It wasn't until Viz started releasing Shonen Jump in English that I got into it. I have issue #0 that they gave out at Anime Expo 2002. So I subscribed right away ($20 for a year of manga, I could NOT say no!) and after the first issue arrived, I was HOOKED on Naruto. Know where and how to download more the manga, that's EXACTLY what I did.

WIth my crippled 56k modem, I attacked IRC with a passion, thankfully finding Thienz manga hosting site after I got about 10 volumes into the series. A website is a LOT easier to download from than an IRC chat room (users with long queues, or going offline at random). Thus, before issue #2 of Shonen Jump was delivered, I was up to date on the Naruto manga.

Later on I read in Jump that the anime was about to start airing that October. I wailed silently to myself the cruel fate of having a dial-up connection and a 4 gig harddrive, those negating all chances of reasonably downloading episodes of the sure to be coming fansubs. A friend got me some of the early eps, so I was able to watch to ep 16 no problem, but then schedule conflicts and pure ditzyness and distraction of both our behalfs made it so I'm only NOW getting caught up.

I've now seen up to ep 81 and read up to chapter 228.  

Zrana

7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

S_H_I_NO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:02 am
friend gave me disk that contained episode 1-33...then gotta start downloading it...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:05 am
Ahhhh.. hmm.. i can't remember how i got in to it. ^^ I think it was through Shonen Jump, though. I recall reading the manga first and falling in love with the story and the characters... and, it sorta took off from there. XDD  

Camui
Crew

S_H_I_NO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:07 am
doesn anyone ever dl from and programs such as kazaa or Mirc or sumsort of programs  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:50 am
My bro started watching it.. He dled alot of music videos.. Two of em were Naruto and Mortal Kombat, another was Naruto and Linkin Park.. I was like... what game are you playing???? Lol... and then i watched ep 90 with him.. then i started to watch.. yeah.. (guess i sorta spoiled it... hokage died... sad )  

Evil Ducky Man

|_Amari_

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:18 am
I actually almost didn't get into it, at the time I was downloading really bad subs of YYH and I was sick of anime series I had to download. I heard about Naruto and went " Another one? Screw that. " But after being bored for days I looked into it and was immedietly hooked. Then I read the manga and it went on.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:04 am
my friends were way ahead of me in the anime series, i just listened to them rave and rave about naruto for about 3 months or so, till i gave in and watched the anime!

the rest... is well... history ^__^  

yapabigail

S_H_I_NO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:02 am
i see hecka ppl just starting to like it now at my shool  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items