Stupid question?
  Ehhh... Yeah.
  No. It's okay.
  Actually, I've been wondering myself.
  ... rawr
View Results

Seira Relur

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:55 am
Okay, I'm finally gonna ask (and I feel stupid for asking, too). What are people talking about when they're talking about fluffy bunnies? I've tried to figure it out whenever somebody mentions it and I guess the only thing I get is that they're some kind of wannabes?

Once again, I feel stupid for asking. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:01 am
Seira Relur
Okay, I'm finally gonna ask (and I feel stupid for asking, too). What are people talking about when they're talking about fluffy bunnies? I've tried to figure it out whenever somebody mentions it and I guess the only thing I get is that they're some kind of wannabes?

Once again, I feel stupid for asking. sweatdrop

Very valid question, actually, and I also inquired about this a long while ago. What I finally decided is that no two Pagans have the same definition for this term. Some Pagans say that fluff bunnies ARE wannabes that don't know how to so much as cast a circle. Others say it's people who don't balance the dark side of magick along with the good in order to maintain balance. Some simply say fluff bunnies are people who are the hippy, newage type people that become Pagans.

I would honestly like to know where this term came from and how it spread like wildfire.  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Feryal Riska

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:28 am
I've always believed my dad's sense of the term - the kind of pagans/Wiccans who believe that if they stare hard enough at a quartz crystal, it'll glow. and they don't need lamps, or electricity, because they have gewd magickz.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:11 am
Hmm, I thought fluffy bunny was a game you did as kids where a person would try to stick as many marshmallows in their mouth as they could while still being able to say clearly, "Fluffy bunny." Chubby bunny was a variant. lol  

jessicamundi

Time-traveling Shapeshifter

20,800 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:51 am
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fluffy+bunny

One and two work. Three is JM's suggestion, and I'm not going to think about four.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:25 am
Nihilistic Seraph

One and two work. Three is JM's suggestion, and I'm not going to think about four.
i love urbandictionary i found out my name menas meth on there mrgreen i really had no idea i just thought it up for an Mx0 Charecter,

But thats off topic. I find a fluffy Bunnie is a wanabee person that acts uper 1337 (super eliet gamer talk) and as Feryal Riska said
Quote:
I've always believed my dad's sense of the term - the kind of pagans/Wiccans who believe that if they stare hard enough at a quartz crystal, it'll glow. and they don't need lamps, or electricity, because they have gewd magickz.
so any one that thinks there great but reall is just trying to sound cool...i really hate when people act like that stare  

MOD66

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:58 pm
Nihilistic Seraph

. . .
#4 was just... weird.

And Twack, I speak l33t all the time. I can read, write, and speak l33t on several different levels (l33t, 1337, |_337, etc.) I believe that l337 as a language is not bad, but the self-loving people who speak it to make others feel inferior are.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:57 pm
What does l337 have to do with being a fluff bunny? rofl  

Feryal Riska

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:26 pm
The derivation of the term "fluffy bunny" comes from two common complaints in the Pagan community. First, it refers to a type of person whose scholarship is about as substantial as fluff, hence they are "fluffy." Second, it refers to a type of person who acknowledges only the cute and happy side of nature while shunning or denying anything else- e.g. they'll coo and rave over the bunnies in the meadow, but conveniently ignore the fact that the wolves' hunts of those bunnies are also an important part of the natural cycle. Hence the identification with the "bunny." The choice of who exactly is "fluffy" or "bunny" enough to fit the title is to a certain extent made by the person using the term, which is why it sometimes seems to have such a wide range of meaning.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:31 pm
Fluff bunny:
A willfully ignorant individual who refuses to learn about the religion they claim to follow. They want all the attention and taboo of religious/spiritual titles without any of the hard work and years needed to obtain them. They are essentially frauds with no respect for religion, deity, the elders, themselves or others.

NOT to be confused with an honest beginner.  

StrawberryGumiho

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:19 am
It's like the newb/n00b split in gaming.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:09 pm
I believe it's someone who believes anything and everything they read about magic and the sorts.  

Autumn Falls13

The Viscount

Liberal Sex Symbol

5,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:52 am
Shimegamis_Rage
Fluff bunny:
A willfully ignorant individual who refuses to learn about the religion they claim to follow. They want all the attention and taboo of religious/spiritual titles without any of the hard work and years needed to obtain them. They are essentially frauds with no respect for religion, deity, the elders, themselves or others.

NOT to be confused with an honest beginner.

That's a good definition.

It's a shame that honest beginners are alwaysalways lumped in with them anyway. =/

I dislike the term though. I think bunnies are lovely. xD I wish I could have a bunny of my own. I have enough cats though I guess.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:09 pm
Autumn Falls13
I believe it's someone who believes anything and everything they read about magic and the sorts.
first off when the f*** did you get here Autumn? secondly i aggree, like that girl you dated once mrgreen right (we know eachother irl i got him hooked on both magic and gaia yay me^.^

Siofra Da`Halbria
And Twack, I speak l33t all the time. I can read, write, and speak l33t on several different levels (l33t, 1337, |_337, etc.) I believe that l337 as a language is not bad, but the self-loving people who speak it to make others feel inferior are.
i didnt mean the language but as in "eliet" people  

MOD66

Autumn Falls13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:25 pm
Quote:
first off when the f*** did you get here Autumn? secondly i aggree, like that girl you dated once mrgreen right

I've been here. And thats exactly who I was referring to.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff