Differences between Mario and Dr. Mario. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

G a m e O v e r

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:19 am
What are they?

I know that Dr. Mario's A+Left or Right Smash attack doesn't reach as far, and he doesn't hold the element of fire in any of his attacks, but other than that, I don't see much of a difference.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:33 am
That's a good question. There is less difference between them and say pairs like Falco/Fox, Ganon/Capt. Falcon, or Pichu/Pikachu.

The difference is that Dr. Mario's cape does more damage. Mario's fireball does more damage, but Dr. Mario's pill knocks the enemy back a little more.
Dr. Mario's smash attacks are somewhat electric, in the same way that Mario uses fire with some of his attacks. I think that Mario's coin jump is higher and Dr. Mario's is farther, but not for a fact.

As for the tornado, I see no difference.  

metroidmania

Keiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:37 am
Here's just a basic thing. Not too detailed... but it's the best I've got right now.

Power: Dr. Mario>>>Mario
Speed: Dr. Mario<<Jump: Dr. Mario<<
And that's practically all I can think of for right now. It does get alot more detailed than that... alot. But that's as far as I feel like going right now.

And just a bit of extra info, Mario's much better, IMO. He's an all-around character, perfect for beginners.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:51 pm
Mario floats more and is lighter then Doc. Mario's forward air is a spike. DR Mario dosent have a spike.  

Bugeera

Phantom_Renegade

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:34 am
im pretty sure that drm has amore vertical reach in hios blanket, adn mario has more horizontal reach in his cape  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:17 am
marios cape can be used for recovery as it gives a small horizontal boost each cape, Dr. marios gives no boost at all. mario has more overall combo potential, but lacks a decent ko move. he has f-smash, but has to sweetspot it. and his fair is all but useless if you can meteor-cancel it. mario relies on edgeguards for most of his kills. And mario's standing neutral a's are faster. doctor mario mario on the other hand, while not as good a comboer, has more ways to finish his off his opponent. his fair is not a meteor, so it can't be canceled. in fact, you can combo with it at low damages. his f-smash, although it has less range, if connected its always sweetspotted. and i believe his bair has more knockback, but im not sure about this.  

DukeDanger

Zombie27

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:22 am
ther really isn't a difference between the two they have all the same moves so it doesn't rally matter which one you choose  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:19 am
mario=speed
Dr mario=power  

sdfsafzxcdsfse

clownrus

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:35 pm
Dr.Mario is much better. With his [down+B] you can actually get on the map easier. Dr. Mario also has a better chance of KO'ing someone. Dr. Mario's cape also turns the person around, and can be used as a sheild, Mario's can be used as a sheild, but isnt that good.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:43 pm
MisterMalice
Mario floats more and is lighter then Doc. Mario's forward air is a spike. DR Mario dosent have a spike.

It's a meteor smash, not a spike.  

Ronin_686

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:55 am
Zombie27
ther really isn't a difference between the two they have all the same moves so it doesn't rally matter which one you choose

Apparently, not so...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:15 pm
Well, my main was once Mario, and more recently Dr. Mario, so let me explain the differences from my experiences. For one thing, Mario's foward smash has a longer reach, but if you're too close, it has almost no effect. It is slightly weaker than Dr's. But the main difference (where all the "Who's better" debate comes in) is Mario's cape and down B send him upwards more, making for a far better comeback. Dr. Mario's comeback isn't nearly as good, but his power makes up for it. I found myself doing better with Dr. Mario, but then again I play very offensively. I had more troubles wave-dashing with Doc, though. Maybe that was just me. In my opinion, Dr. Mario is a better choice, but it depends on preference. Do you rely on a good comeback? Maro. Are you confident that you'll get the kill before they do? Dr. Mario. Just try them both out until you find the best one for you.

Oh yeah, one other main difference I found. Doc's Fair has a tendency to send your opponent upwards, while Mario's sends them down. Thats good to know for edgeguarding.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:10 pm
xXDrummingBeastXx

Oh yeah, one other main difference I found. Doc's Fair has a tendency to send your opponent upwards, while Mario's sends them down. Thats good to know for edgeguarding.

It's not a tendancy, it just does.

Mario's is a meteor smash. Thus, it'll send them down. Doc's just... well... goes up. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:16 pm
SilentBlackTiger
xXDrummingBeastXx

It's not a tendancy, it just does.

Mario's is a meteor smash. Thus, it'll send them down. Doc's just... well... goes up. wink

I know, I just like the word "tendency." xp But it really sends you up... fast.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:43 pm
Oh yeah it does! wink I like me some Doctor love.  
Characters

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff