Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Quick question..... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ferrari_Carr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:46 am
Right, well, when I first got The Sims 2, I didn't have a decent graphics card, so it took literally FOREVER to load a neighborhood, house, CAS, etc. If I were to guess.....I'd say it took about 5-10 minutes.

Now, ((2 years later)) my dad got me a new graphics card, which works like a charm and finally allows me to appreciate the game with the graphics set on HIGH.

Now, I was wondering, since now it takes about 10-20 seconds to load things, I was wondering if that was normal? And all of my houses are built on 5x5 lots.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes for them to load a house, neighborhood, CAS, etc.?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:06 pm
When I had windows 98, I remember that it took me 10-30 seconds to load anything at first, but 2 expansion packs and 3,117 downloads later- it takes about 1-2 minutes to load.  

Zwiebelsaft!

josefina_maria

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:40 pm
I use a Mac G5 and it takes about 1-2 minutes for the neighbourhoods and houses to load.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:51 pm
Evil_Twin_V1.337
When I had windows 98, I remember that it took me 10-30 seconds to load anything at first, but 2 expansion packs and 3,117 downloads later- it takes about 1-2 minutes to load.

Oh, I see.  

Ferrari_Carr

goatguy_64

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:43 pm
I have an Emachine, with good stats (hard drive, stuff like that) I dont have any expansion pack, and the only download I have is the inteeminator. It takes 10 seconds on my comp to load a neighborhood, and 20 to load a house.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:30 pm
Mine used to be that quick, but there is so much saved on my computer now and there is just so much saved on there that it is half the speed it used to be. It all depends on your hard drive and memory really  

face-_-ache

Territorial Art

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:30 pm
It takes a 30 seconds to 2 minutes to load the towns,houses,etc. for me. But my graphics work beautifuly.On my laptop though, the graphics come out horrible and it takes forever to load. I guess it kind of depends on what kind of computer and how much memory you have on it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:48 am
Ferrari_Carr
Evil_Twin_V1.337

Oh, I see.
yeah, but now, suprisingly now that I updated my drive, it takes about 30 seconds to upload anything- but 2 minutes to go to the neighborhood menu from the loading screen  

Zwiebelsaft!

hup123hup123slapslap

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:39 am
mine trakes like 1-2 minutes every time  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:40 am
mine takes 10-20 seconds, but it is the only thing on my computer  

Girlyg131

Oceanic_Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:00 pm
Then my computer sucks big time then..... sweatdrop
i use a Hp pavilion mx703 computer and it takes like 5 minutes in between loads. Does everyone else's game take forever to save too? then again... mine's a family computer with millions of files in it...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:54 pm
Oceanic_Alchemist
i use a Hp pavilion mx703 computer and it takes like 5 minutes in between loads. Does everyone else's game take forever to save too? then again... mine's a family computer with millions of files in it...
wow... that's really sad that you installed Sims 2 on a monitor. dramallama How did you do that? xd  

Zwiebelsaft!

yuiko-okida3000

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:00 am
hey i have a question how do you promote someone in open for business  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:10 pm
Evil_Twin_V1.337
Oceanic_Alchemist
wow... that's really sad that you installed Sims 2 on a monitor. dramallama How did you do that? xd

well, im not too technical, but im guessing thats just the monitor.... my bad... i realized my comp doesnt take as long as i thought. maybe 3 or 4 minutes.... xp  

Oceanic_Alchemist

Oceanic_Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:13 pm
yuiko-okida
hey i have a question how do you promote someone in open for business

go the employee and click i think promote to manager, or make manager.  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff