Artist's Corner [updated rules] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quadadiddle
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:35 pm
This is a place for all the artisans (and the less inclined) to post their art, in whatever shape or form it comes in!

Some ideas include:
Photography, Digital Art (now allowed), Sketches, CG Images, Photoshop Galleries, Poems (of all styles) & anything related to art you can think of!

It doesn't have to follow any theme, well, not now anyway. Around the seasons I may say "Anything related to Halloween goes!", "Snow Angels!" or something like that.

All art must comply with the GAIAOnline TOS. Learn the difference between Tasteful and Tasteless art. I know one of the rule states "No Images larger than 500x500 or 1kb in size" Well, not EVERYONE on Gaia is going to have to see it so if it's larger, don't worry too much. However, if it's straight from the digital camera with over two-thousand pixels to a side, either resize (photobucket users can do this easily) or just provide a URL. I don't mind if it's longer in height, but length can be an issue as it stretches out the board.

If I see an image that takes awhile to load or stretches out the thread, I'll just simply remove the IMG tags so you all get a URL.

Photobucket.com is my biggest recommendation for those of you looking for an image hosting site. It's free to use and is very simple to manage. It comes with payment options, and trust me: they're a nice investment you won't be sad to purchase.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:43 pm
User Image  

Quadadiddle
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:54 am
Interesting, Hemmy; it has a nice rythym to it. It sounds personal, however, so I do not feel right critiquing it too much.

Some members are aware that I have a deviantART account, but to make things more accessible to members here, I will post my featured items and newest works (if anyone cares).

Feature: Fossilized Sky, first image in an on-going series; it depicts important ideas/moments in a fanfiction I have in my head.

Newest: Eva - Outline, my idea of the daughter of Amalthea and Lir if they had one.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:08 pm
Could I post the first chapter of one of my stories? I know prose isn't on the list, but thenagain, this thread has gotten a total of 2 posts....  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:47 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Could I post the first chapter of one of my stories? I know prose isn't on the list, but thenagain, this thread has gotten a total of 2 posts....
I don't think it would be a problem; I feel it would be best, though, if you were able to provide links if it is already posted up somewhere...

...Or you might provide an excerpt, then post the rest in your Gaia journal, providing the link to it here.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:52 pm
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
I don't think it would be a problem; I feel it would be best, though, if you were able to provide links if it is already posted up somewhere...

...Or you might provide an excerpt, then post the rest in your Gaia journal, providing the link to it here.
Sure, why not. I'll set things up then post  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:10 pm
Allright, here is a small section of my story. If you like it, and want to read more, click on the link at the bottom.

It's not angst, but rather the dark beauty that pervades the soul when the melancholic mood has set in and you"re caught between an intense longing for human company, and the masochistic need to savour the feeling that draws and repels you all at once. It's the sirens call of the night that engulfs you, and pulls you into the darkness because the darkness is a salve for your wounds when your wounds are those inflicted by the weapons that no man can name. Nothing is sacred. All is sacred. Death and rejuvenation have twined themselves before you in an eternal dance of loving courtship. Seconds and minutes blend and stretch away into an eternity of neatly placed dominoes, patterns hinting themselves but never revealing their secrets. The phrase "parting is such sweet sorrow" slowly reveals itself in your memory, but you do not know from what you are parting yourself. All that is bright and cheery falls away from you, the delights you once held turning to ashes in your mouth. It seems false and unreal, being so foreign to you that it must be forced. Nothing that has not touched the well of darkness in which you have fallen can ever be real and beautiful, like the black allure that is your reality. The darkness seems to be a tangible thing. You wish to grasp it, stream it through your fingers, to breathe it in. You wish to close your eyes and be subsumed into the darkness, and find the sweet oblivion, which the night promises you. But, like all things, it must pass, and the night dissolves in your fingers, not standing up to the glare of the artificial lights. Both light and dark mix in your body, leaving you hungry for even the benighted memory if it.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/index.php?mode=view&p=1270237  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Hope you people like it...  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

The Simi Knows Best

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:29 pm
User Image

This is one of my sketches. I'm waiting until I get a tablet and photo shop to take my art to the computer graphically enhanced ways.

A poem if I will?

Eternity

Eternity,
It waits for me
With everlasting life.

But along with the Eternity comes everlasting strife.

Neverending circles round,
While others are all bound
to the end that I escaped, never to be found.

I begged for you to come with me,
I begged with you times three.
You stared and watched while tears fell down

Upon the everlasting ground.

On that darkend winter day,
The ships all left their docking bay
With me upon a bobbing prow

You watched me with those jaded eyes that I can still remeber now.

As I gazed back with the oceans depth
I simply stayed, and stood, and wept.
For my lost heart that did not see

That you and I could never be.

For I was dark as nighttime past
You as bright as summer last.
And so I sit here, for Eternity

With all of our past memories
I think of you, I think of me
And know that we won't ever be.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:54 am
*Artistic-Magic Poke!*  

Jameta
Captain

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:28 am
Some of my art and photos from deviantArt.

Drawings/Paintings:
Sleepless
Inside

Pictures:
Reflections of Evil
Sepia a.k.a. Otherworldy Cat!

Irises:
White Iris
Light Yellow Iris
Yellow Iris
Blue Iris
Gold Iris

Hyacinth:
Hyacinth
Hyacinth 2
Hyacinth 3

Other Flowers:
Red Red Rose
Glory of the Morning
Windswept Beauty

My poetry can be found here.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:32 am
are we allowed to post art that's not pagan-themed? I hope so, cause here I go!

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/22254082/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/22252885/

heart  

Lady Adokenai

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Kabuki Doll

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:29 pm
FINALLY! biggrin I can place my talent somewhere without being asked stupid questions about it gonk

Well, the first one is actually a cake my 'sous chef' Anthony and I made before I departed for england.
Shroom

And then I don't feel like being descriptive for other pieces I might post in this reply.

First time using Photoshop CS

A monochromatic self potrait: Photoshop; Paint tool

That's all for now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:30 pm
Now with a new picture in my previous post! See Sepia a.k.a. Otherworldly Cat! It's a must see!  

Siofra Da`Halbria

Naomi Tinuveil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:37 pm
~*Autumn Ash*~

User Image

Lemme know what you think!
Much Love
~Asha
heart  
Quad's Palace: So good it HAS to be fattening! $ The Game Station $

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items