Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
A sign? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it a sign?
  Yes, the gods are telling you something.
  No, it's probably just a network error.
  Other (I promise to post and explain).
  Poll whores. (We're the people who don't feel like posting).
View Results

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:58 pm

Have you ever had any of the gods interfere with your cell phones?

I have texted my boyfriend five times in two days the message "I love you." Four times from my phone, and once from my sister's phone. He has not received even one of those texts. I always receive his text messages though. He gets the texts I send him that just say ": )". I have never said it to him out loud, and I think that maybe it's a sign. The problem is, I don't know what kind of sign.

Could it be a sign that I should say it, rather than text?
Or that I shouldn't say it at all?
What if it's a sign that I don't really love him, and I just think I do?

I don't know what to think. Perhaps I shall go ponder it for a bit. I think that saying it to him might go against some advice Persephone (I guess you could call her my patroness, even though I consider Aphrodite to be a strong influence in my life.) gave me a week or so ago.

I probably need to meditate on this for a while, but I would still like to know what you SS members think.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:19 am

it is a sign that you need to drop your wireless company or he dose, before you take a guess fore it being the gods look at what might be scientificly wrong.

MOD66

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:24 am

xd

I'm with Twack on this one. Don't look to a supernatural explanation when you can easily have a mundane one.

But yeah, if you do love him, I'd advise saying it to him directly. Getting meaningful stuff electronically sucks, take it from me.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:09 am

I just think it's odd that he gets every text I send him but the ones that say "I love you."

Siofra Da`Halbria

MOD66

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:49 pm

...THE APOCOLIPS!!!!11one WERE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!111ONE!...sorry i had to but still my take on it is, that it's a cowinkydink, but other then that i know my gf hates it when i text her saying "i <3 you" she rather me call her and say it.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:10 pm

Have you considered that he might be lying because he's not ready to hear it?

phantomkitsune

Dangerous Enabler

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:43 pm

Or he wants to hear you say it in person.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:24 pm

I don't know. I even checked his phone. And he always says it to me and wonders why I don't say it back.

Siofra Da`Halbria

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:25 am

Interpret it how you wish to interpret it. There are mundane explanations for pretty much everything; that doesn't mean you have to use them. Assigning meaning to what others call cooincidence or serendipity can bring some valuable meaning into your life. Just be careful that you're interpretation doesn't have any potential negative consequences!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:11 am

You'd might want top check your phones out first, mainly his, his might not work, or maybe he accidentally ignored the messages?

[GWW Guild Mule]

Kamikaze Noodle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:19 am

3nodding Hmmm, I think I'm with twack and nihil on this one, I mean it might be just an outsider's take on things, but to me it seems like a phone problem or something along those lines, I can't send any messages with pictures to my mom or sister, but I can send them fine to my dad, so maybe it's some variation of this? Anyway, were I him, I think I would want to hear it in person anyway if you really think you love him. Hope that helped a little 4laugh
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:16 am

Your definate first step would to be to get both the phones and the networks checked out; they're rediculously fussy things, and probably not the best medium for communicate such a deep emotion. wink

However, if you've gotten advice from Persephone and have acted against it, it might be a good idea to check in with her. I doubt she'd go quite so far as to meddle with the phones; in my experience, gods and goddesses aren't always quite that direct. But if you feel you're acting against her advice, I'd definately check into things as it was given for a reason. That, thankfully, can be done while you check into more mundane explinations.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:50 am

Last night he got all the texts that I've sent him over the past few days all at once. And I "spoke" with Persephone. He got them right after she and I talked lol. She and I spoke, I went to bed, woke up a few hours later, and he'd gotten the messages.

I'm not too worried about it.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:12 pm

Glad to hear that it all worked out for you. ^^

The Bookwyrm
Crew

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:06 pm

I'm glad to hear that it worked out for you, and it's interesting to know that they all went through after you had that talk with Persephone- I'm assuming that you discussed the piece of advice which was causing you to wonder? I hope you managed to come to a better understanding of what was meant!

In my experience, the gods can and do interfere with electronic communication- I suspect that it's very easy for Them to intervene in such things because of the way these messages are conveyed- i.e. through energy, as opposed to more concrete methods which would require a little more effort to affect directly. I have had several experiences where I was trying to post or write something, only to have my browser crash when I was trying to send it or right after having completed a part of it which- on reflection, and after past events- I realized was really not what I was trying to say, was not helpful to the situation or the person to whom I was writing, and/or may have inadvertantly exposed some bit of information which was inappropriate to be revealed at that time. It's frustrating as all hell (especially since I tend to take such a long time to write anything) to have it all disappear without a trace, but I'm thoroughly convinced that this is a way which my spiritual teachers use to catch my attention... and can be quite effective- undeniable, even.^_~ I have had several such experiences where I was being stubborn and persistent, logging back in to rewrite as much of the letter as I could remember only to have the computer keep crashing, no matter how long I waited in between my attempts and no matter how many posts or emails I was able to send on other topics those same evenings. sweatdrop

Whatever the significance may be in your case- it's not really for me to say, but I don't think you're crazy to suspect it. Actually, I think that shows that you're sensitive and attentive to the world around you, and that's a very good trait to have.^_^ I do think that it would be very good to consider your relationship with this guy, and whatever you and Persephone talked about. I'm not saying that you should break up with him- unless you come to the conclusion that that's truly the best response for you right now- but if the doubt has entered your mind then this episode may be a very helpful trigger for you to think about this seriously, and either put those fears to rest, or move on. *hugs*
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff