Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you wear them?
  yes
View Results

FenderSkaface

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:57 pm
Whats up with these things?! THEY ARE JUST BRACELETS! I wear them and people are always like "Why are you wearing sex bracelets?" Im like "Uhhh"

Why do they call them this?

And what do all of them mean?

Im just curious...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:59 pm
Fenderstratogirl
Whats up with these things?! THEY ARE JUST BRACELETS! I wear them and people are always like "Why are you wearing sex bracelets?" Im like "Uhhh"

Why do they call them this?

And what do all of them mean?

Im just curious...

Are you talking about the littel rubber bracelets that stretch a little bit?  

lurichan
Vice Captain

FenderSkaface

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:06 pm
Yes i am  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:10 pm
Fenderstratogirl
Yes i am

0o; I didn't know they had recieved THAT as a nick name. They used to give us those at work last year as a "reward' or "incentive" for doing a good job. sweatdrop  

lurichan
Vice Captain

FenderSkaface

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:12 pm
haha thats funny, maybe its just a perverted preteen thing  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:13 pm
Fenderstratogirl
haha thats funny, maybe its just a perverted preteen thing

I'm sure. It's more than likely similar to the "******** tabs" from pop cans when I was a teen. No real context or conotations unless you're in middle school or high school.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

FenderSkaface

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:14 pm
yea people say different colors mean different things and if someone pops one then they will have to do w/e the color means with the person who was wearing them. Kinda immature if you thinkabout it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:16 pm
Fenderstratogirl
yea people say different colors mean different things and if someone pops one then they will have to do w/e the color means with the person who was wearing them. Kinda immature if you thinkabout it.

I see them as a bit of a fad to begin with, and I haven't heard about all of this color coding or anything like that before. I think they will go the way of pogs in about another 5 years or so.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

enchanted_blackrose

3,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:48 am
I wore this necklace (pic below) once to a friends Bday party and people wont leave me alone. Its cool and all but they keep getting these weird ideas in their head. its just a accessory. Same thing happened to me when i wore a sex bracelet to school. stressed

I guess some people still find these things offensive. But i dont really mind since everyone can freely express the way they feel, just hope they would keep it to themselves sometimes.
sweatdrop

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:00 am
i can honestly say i had never heard them called that.
personally i dont wear them because the Latex content bothers me.
but if you ask me there no differnt from the "ainal-bead" trend of the late 90's
they were called that, but they were nothing more then chains of large metal beads. so its probubly just a name thing  

moongoyal

Acerbus nox noctis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:08 am
Yeah it is really annoying and has been around for several years. I basically just stopped wearing them because black is one of the worst colors to wear if you break it sweatdrop . Then again, people are just being immature and you could just explain that you are just wearing them cause you like them. Some people will never grow up rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:52 am
I so know what you mean
xD

I wear then all the time because they're cool. The people come up to me and are all like "Why are you wearing sex braclets? What do the purple ones mean?"

It's so messed up. I mean, It's just bracelets, what does it have to do with sex?

Dearest Darling`

RaynieDays

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:45 am
It's a really stupid game that a bunch of middle school kids came up with and then it got some TV time. About 9months ago they did a whole news program about "sex bracelets" and the "dangers of them". That's why if, in my town, you wear them, everyone gets all weird about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:48 am
In middle school everyone would come up to me and be like "oh what does --insert color here-- mean!?" and i'd be like "i don't wear them becuaase of that and they just give me a 'yeah-ok' look. Then when I got into high school nobody said anything. 3nodding  

[ .Lolita in Pink. ]

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces