Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Weekly Show and/or Tell Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shiny gold
  mmm....
View Results

firrantello

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:01 am
Since I haven't seen one pop up in a few weeks, I'll make one! What are you working on this week?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:58 am
Well... I was working on the Titania's Capelet, but... the gauge is funky. The pattern calls for a size E hook... which I made all the flowers in. But when I started working on the capelet, I moved up 3 hook sizes and its STILL too small (makes me wonder how loosely the creator crochets. At this rate, I'll have to move up 5 hook sizes and it still might not be big enough!). Disheartened, I put that aside.

I decided to make the kitty 62 hat, which I completed in 2 days. I'm now working on the Soleil. I'm only so far as the lace, but I noticed an oopsie a few rows back, so I'm gonna have to frog a bit.

I'm still not happy about the Titania Capelet. sad

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

Padmasana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:46 pm
Finished the blanket for Project Linus last week; pictures eventually.

Leaving this weekend for a week-long LARP event, so I'm taking a skein of Jewel Box (obsidian, if you care) and I'm going to make a hat, because I'll be working a total of 12 hours at the check-in booth while I'm there. smile

After I get back, I'll be making another baby blanket, as I have this odd feeling that another of my friends or family will be reproducing soon.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:14 pm
Peppermint Elf
Well... I was working on the Titania's Capelet, but... the gauge is funky. The pattern calls for a size E hook... which I made all the flowers in. But when I started working on the capelet, I moved up 3 hook sizes and its STILL too small (makes me wonder how loosely the creator crochets. At this rate, I'll have to move up 5 hook sizes and it still might not be big enough!). Disheartened, I put that aside.

I decided to make the kitty 62 hat, which I completed in 2 days. I'm now working on the Soleil. I'm only so far as the lace, but I noticed an oopsie a few rows back, so I'm gonna have to frog a bit.

I'm still not happy about the Titania Capelet. sad
i love the kitty 62 hats. an online acquaintence actually did a fox version and sent me the pattern. i'm drooling over it. must get yarn first though...
soleil looks pretty. i think i missed that one somehow looking through the patterns.
i'm sorry about the capelet though. that's not any fun.

firrantello

firrantello

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:15 pm
Padmasana
Finished the blanket for Project Linus last week; pictures eventually.

Leaving this weekend for a week-long LARP event, so I'm taking a skein of Jewel Box (obsidian, if you care) and I'm going to make a hat, because I'll be working a total of 12 hours at the check-in booth while I'm there. smile

After I get back, I'll be making another baby blanket, as I have this odd feeling that another of my friends or family will be reproducing soon.

yay hats. hats are always good. after i buzzed my hair off a few years ago, i realized just how good. my head was cold in the fall and winter xd
any patterns in mind for the baby blanket?
have fun at the LARP!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:29 am
My projects include a knitted sweater in Lion Cotton Ease (blue rasberry); two crochet granny square afgans, and a scarf for a moose statue that we are taking down to my aunt in Florida next week. I can't post pictures just yet, but I'll try to eventually. The afgans and the scarf are both just random cheap acrylic yarn, and both projects need to be done...like yesterday...  

LadyAnubis

Umberella

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:19 pm
I found circular needles that are short enough to knit socks, so I'm knitting my first pair of socks. I'm also trying to learn how to follow a knitting pattern, but I fear them. I'm sure I'll get over it someday.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:26 pm
right now I'm working on knitting a messenger bag.
I'm making my own pattern, and I hope its going to come out rightd.
I've made the front peace, and now I'm working on the back, witch will go over the top of the bag and fold onto the top part of the front peace, were I will put button's.
then all I will have to make is the bottom and the sides, and then the strap.
I'm hoping I can get all of that done by this time next week... but knowing me I'll have it down before the weekend... I have a bad habit of knitting till 2 in the morning wild watching anime or hanging out with a friend.  

Lee Kushrenada

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:21 pm
I posted a question in "Ask Ms.Knitty (and pals)". So if any of you knitters get the time, please just take a peak and give me your thoughts.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:20 am
Umberella
I found circular needles that are short enough to knit socks, so I'm knitting my first pair of socks. I'm also trying to learn how to follow a knitting pattern, but I fear them. I'm sure I'll get over it someday.
Ah, so I'm not the only one who is terrified by grids and complicated instructions! It's more fun to make up your own, anyway.  

LadyAnubis

firrantello

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:18 am
Umberella
are they 12" circulars? i have a pair of those... they hurt my hands. but it could be because they're like US3s and i usually use US8s or US10s. oh well. Written pattern or chart pattern?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:19 am
Lee Kushrenada
I've made the front peace, and now I'm working on the back, witch will go over the top of the bag and fold onto the top part of the front peace, were I will put button's.
I'm hoping I can get all of that done by this time next week... but knowing me I'll have it down before the weekend... I have a bad habit of knitting till 2 in the morning wild watching anime or hanging out with a friend.

*drools* i User Image messenger bags.

firrantello

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:31 pm
firrantello
Lee Kushrenada

*drools* i User Image messenger bags.

well I have one right now that I love...but its getting kind of old, and I'v allways wanted to knit one... though I don't think in the end I'm going to be useing it a hole lot... for it dost not have any pockets  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:32 pm
I need to finish my monster plushie.
Start journal cover
Practice some different embroidery stitches
Find something new to do.  

[Grendel]

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:13 am
I'm working on piecing the quilt my grandmother started in like 1935- it's taking forever because I have to hand applique about 25 wheels onto muslin. I can see why it sat unfinished in a trunk for 70 years. Maybe a granddaugter of my will finish it.
I'm also crocheting an afgan when I start going cross-eyed from taking itty bitty stitches.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff