Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kopy Kat
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:59 pm
Here's a place to discuss the movie.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:08 pm
the movie was good, but the only person that transfered over into the shows was the yound boy.. ugh.. i can remember his name.. i think that the cast in the show is much better now  

positive tension

Calixto
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:59 pm
The movie rocks. Really. The show IS better, but ya know what? We wouldn't even HAVE the show without the movie...so three cheers for the Stargate movie! biggrin heart heart I wish I had the DVD, but I did tape it off TV once, so I occasionally watch it sometimes.
James Spader isn't as hot as Michael Shanks but he is hot in his own way and still plays a great Danny.
I like RDA's version of Jack way better than Kurt Russell though....no sense of humor at all. xd
Ska'raa and Kasuf who is Sha're's father are both crossovers into the series.
So the moral is all hail the roots of our fandom! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:13 pm
the movie does'nt have all the detail like the show, but the story line.....good story line  

deirei

SammySue
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:58 pm
Does anyone know why they have different name spellings in the movie and the series?

Quote:
Colonel Jack O'Neil was played by Kurt Russell. Colonel Jack O'Neill (two L's) is played by Richard Dean Anderson.

Quote:
Sha'uri was played by actress Mili Avital in the film. In the series, Sha're (note the difference in spelling and pronunciation) is played by Vaitiare Bandera.

And I know in the series, Jack mentions another Colonel O'Neil with one L. Could this be who he was talking about.

Both qoutes are from GateWorld where I find most of my info  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:31 pm
SammySue
Does anyone know why they have different name spellings in the movie and the series?

Quote:
Colonel Jack O'Neil was played by Kurt Russell. Colonel Jack O'Neill (two L's) is played by Richard Dean Anderson.

Quote:
Sha'uri was played by actress Mili Avital in the film. In the series, Sha're (note the difference in spelling and pronunciation) is played by Vaitiare Bandera.

And I know in the series, Jack mentions another Colonel O'Neil with one L. Could this be who he was talking about.

Both qoutes are from GateWorld where I find most of my info

isn't the sg1 o'neill's son named something else than in the movie?... sweatdrop ..i can't really remeber, but ion the show it's charlie...but i sorta thought he was named something else in the movie...or was it the other way around??.. gonk *confuzzled*  

General Jack O-Neill

Kopy Kat
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:25 pm
Colonel Jack O-Neill
isn't the sg1 o'neill's son named something else than in the movie?... sweatdrop ..i can't really remeber, but ion the show it's charlie...but i sorta thought he was named something else in the movie...or was it the other way around??.. gonk *confuzzled*

Tyler - Charlie

I think that's what it was...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:11 am
Kopy Kat
Colonel Jack O-Neill

Tyler - Charlie

I think that's what it was...

The movie had an award in his son's room that said Tyler. The show has his name as Charlie. And, the book listed his name as Junior. So, yeah, it can get a little confusing.  

SammySue
Crew

SammySue
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:32 am
I know this is old news, but to me, it's new news.

Quote:

Devlin still wants movie sequels
WEDNESDAY - JUNE 19, 2002

Eight years after the original "Stargate" film stunned critics with its big box office draw, producer Dean Devlin would still like to finish his story.

Devlin recently told Cinescape magazine that he would like to finish his version of the "Stargate" story with two more feature films, which would presumably star Kurt Russell and James Spader once again. "I'm ready to make part two and three anytime," he said. "I have the stories. It's all worked out. The actors want to do it. We just need MGM to say yes. Write, call, get on their Web site, get them to do it and I'll be the first one in line to do it."

Along with director and co-producer Roland Emmerich, Devlin originally intended "Stargate" to be the first in a trilogy of films. The two had a falling out with MGM when the company decided to make a television show based on their concept instead -- Stargate SG-1. The two sequel films remain in limbo.

Devlin may not get his wish, however, as MGM intends to release a Stargate SG-1 feature film with the current cast after the series concludes next year, and has birthed a successful franchise from Devlin and Emmerich's original film.

Quote:

Devlin on the film trilogy not to be
AUGUST 29, 2003

Many Stargate fans know that when producer Dean Devlin and director Roland Emmerich released the original "Stargate" film back in 1994, they hoped to turn the single film into a trilogy of movies. But production company Centropolis films sold the rights to MGM to get the film released -- and MGM declined to support a sequel film, instead launching Stargate SG-1 on television in 1997.
According to a report at Ain't It Cool News, Devlin spoke briefly about his original intentions for the film trilogy at a recent screening of another of his popular films, Independence Day. The sequel to the 1994 hit "Stargate" was to reveal a connection between the pyramids in Egypt and the Mayan pyramids in the Western hemisphere. In "Stargate 3," the producers hoped to make a connection between every myth on Earth, "from Yeti to the Loch Ness Monster."

With MGM acquiring the rights to the Stargate franchise and opting for the television series instead, it seems as though Devlin's film trilogy is not to be. Devlin said that he has no plans to make the sequel films.

Quote:

SG-1 feature film now Season Seven finale

The anticipated feature film debut for Stargate SG-1 is now the gigantic Season Seven finale! Co-executive producer Joseph Mallozzi told fans in an online chat at StarGateNews.De last weekend that "the movie has been pushed back for the time being," pending a decision about the future of the television series and its upcoming spin-off, Stargate Atlantis.
"Brad and Robert [Cooper] are working on the 2-part Season Seven finale and will be working on the pilot script to Stargate Atlantis," Mallozzi told fans. "Because of the pick-up for Season Seven, the movie has been pushed back and, as a result, the story that was to be told in the movie will now be told as the two-part season finale to Season Seven."

Since the story sets up Atlantis, the spin-off series could follow immediately in 2004, regardless of whether SG-1 gets a feature film.

MGM, The Sci-Fi Channel and the Vancouver-based production team are currently in negotiations over the future of the Stargate franchise. Co-creator Brad Wright's original plan was to follow the end of SG-1 with a big-screen adventure for the team, which would have in turn set up the premise for the spin-off television series.

Now, The Powers That Be are considering whether the next step for the franchise is an eighth season for SG-1, a feature film, Atlantis, or some combination thereof. "The rumors of an eighth season are very serious," Mallozzi said. "Sci-Fi (our U.S. broadcaster) is very happy with the show. We premiered with record ratings for the Season Seven premiere and they are in talks with regard to Season Eight and the spin-off series, Atlantis, as well."

Read the complete chat transcript at StarGateNews.De! GateWorld will continue to bring you the very latest on the future of Stargate as it develops.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:39 pm
SammySue
I know this is old news, but to me, it's new news.

Quote:

Devlin still wants movie sequels
WEDNESDAY - JUNE 19, 2002

Eight years after the original "Stargate" film stunned critics with its big box office draw, producer Dean Devlin would still like to finish his story.

Devlin recently told Cinescape magazine that he would like to finish his version of the "Stargate" story with two more feature films, which would presumably star Kurt Russell and James Spader once again. "I'm ready to make part two and three anytime," he said. "I have the stories. It's all worked out. The actors want to do it. We just need MGM to say yes. Write, call, get on their Web site, get them to do it and I'll be the first one in line to do it."

Along with director and co-producer Roland Emmerich, Devlin originally intended "Stargate" to be the first in a trilogy of films. The two had a falling out with MGM when the company decided to make a television show based on their concept instead -- Stargate SG-1. The two sequel films remain in limbo.

Devlin may not get his wish, however, as MGM intends to release a Stargate SG-1 feature film with the current cast after the series concludes next year, and has birthed a successful franchise from Devlin and Emmerich's original film.

Quote:

Devlin on the film trilogy not to be
AUGUST 29, 2003

Many Stargate fans know that when producer Dean Devlin and director Roland Emmerich released the original "Stargate" film back in 1994, they hoped to turn the single film into a trilogy of movies. But production company Centropolis films sold the rights to MGM to get the film released -- and MGM declined to support a sequel film, instead launching Stargate SG-1 on television in 1997.
According to a report at Ain't It Cool News, Devlin spoke briefly about his original intentions for the film trilogy at a recent screening of another of his popular films, Independence Day. The sequel to the 1994 hit "Stargate" was to reveal a connection between the pyramids in Egypt and the Mayan pyramids in the Western hemisphere. In "Stargate 3," the producers hoped to make a connection between every myth on Earth, "from Yeti to the Loch Ness Monster."

With MGM acquiring the rights to the Stargate franchise and opting for the television series instead, it seems as though Devlin's film trilogy is not to be. Devlin said that he has no plans to make the sequel films.

Quote:

SG-1 feature film now Season Seven finale

The anticipated feature film debut for Stargate SG-1 is now the gigantic Season Seven finale! Co-executive producer Joseph Mallozzi told fans in an online chat at StarGateNews.De last weekend that "the movie has been pushed back for the time being," pending a decision about the future of the television series and its upcoming spin-off, Stargate Atlantis.
"Brad and Robert [Cooper] are working on the 2-part Season Seven finale and will be working on the pilot script to Stargate Atlantis," Mallozzi told fans. "Because of the pick-up for Season Seven, the movie has been pushed back and, as a result, the story that was to be told in the movie will now be told as the two-part season finale to Season Seven."

Since the story sets up Atlantis, the spin-off series could follow immediately in 2004, regardless of whether SG-1 gets a feature film.

MGM, The Sci-Fi Channel and the Vancouver-based production team are currently in negotiations over the future of the Stargate franchise. Co-creator Brad Wright's original plan was to follow the end of SG-1 with a big-screen adventure for the team, which would have in turn set up the premise for the spin-off television series.

Now, The Powers That Be are considering whether the next step for the franchise is an eighth season for SG-1, a feature film, Atlantis, or some combination thereof. "The rumors of an eighth season are very serious," Mallozzi said. "Sci-Fi (our U.S. broadcaster) is very happy with the show. We premiered with record ratings for the Season Seven premiere and they are in talks with regard to Season Eight and the spin-off series, Atlantis, as well."

Read the complete chat transcript at StarGateNews.De! GateWorld will continue to bring you the very latest on the future of Stargate as it develops.

Well.. That doesn't sound very good to me.. and I like the series many more times than the movie.. so I'm glad it didn't happen that way. o.o;  

Dwapook

Eagleam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:51 pm
The movie was awesome back when it first came out..now it's just not as good cause well..SG-1 rules! but of course if not for the movie we'd likely not have the show so the movie is heart ed for that.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:18 pm
The movie was great! I thought it was very well written, though I think that Richard Dean Anderson's version of Jack O'Neill was better than Kurt Russell's.  

SpiritKeeper

SammySue
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:04 pm
SpiritKeeper
The movie was great! I thought it was very well written, though I think that Richard Dean Anderson's version of Jack O'Neill was better than Kurt Russell's.

But, really, that's because RDA has more freedom with Jack than Russell. We only see Russell play Jack right after his son died. RDA plays Jack a year or so after the death, and where he has decided he doesn't want to die.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:01 pm
SammySue
SpiritKeeper

But, really, that's because RDA has more freedom with Jack than Russell. We only see Russell play Jack right after his son died. RDA plays Jack a year or so after the death, and where he has decided he doesn't want to die.
tis true *nods head*  

deirei

SammySue
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:49 pm
deirei
SammySue
SpiritKeeper

tis true *nods head*

I'm always right! **evil laughs**  
The Stargate Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas