Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Characters
Why Roy is NOT I repeat NOT!!!! better than Marth!!!!!!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArcVyse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:05 am
Roy is dubbed by the professional community as a n00b character simply because so many people believe he is:

1. Actually any good - Because the truth is quite the opposite, Roy is actually extremely average and only in the hands of NEO, the world's best Roy player, would a Roy ever come close to winning a large scale tournament.

It should also be noted that NEO wouldn't be as good as he would be today without the tutelage of SephirothKen, the world's BEST PLAYER, who uses Marth, I repeat MARTH! as his main character.

2. The second reason advanced players see Roy as a n00b character is that so many people believe he is better than Marth, because overall Marth is in fact better by far.

If you want proof...

PROOF: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4300975011074561942

A video showing you why Marth is ranked the 3rd best character under Fox who is 2nd and Sheik who is THE BEST in the game.

It should also be noted that Roy is ranked somewhere around 14th.

Before ANYONE may reply to this thread, you WILL watch the video on google video, otherwise you will forever remain in ignorance and a n00b.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:02 pm
I don't care. I'll still use Roy because I like they way he's set up. And any character can be the best depending on who's using them.  

ScaredCrow Riots

Indigo Swordsman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:58 pm

Heh.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:10 pm
ScaredCrow the Spiffy
I don't care. I'll still use Roy because I like they way he's set up. And any character can be the best depending on who's using them.

good for u , u have a decided character, but see here we are not comparing the player's skill, we are comparing the characters stats/specs  

Phantom_Renegade

ArcVyse

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:28 pm
ScaredCrow the Spiffy

Good for you, my goal is simply to educate people about Roy.

Roy for me, is one of my favourite and fun characters to play as, but not competitively.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:54 pm
Damn! Marth Rox, but i guess any character who had a video made just for them and shows nothing ,but them kicking everyones a** would rock

Sorry dudez ROY is and will Alwayz Be ~BETTER~

Edit: Now that i watched the vid more closly i see how godly that Shyt is, yess okay i admit that those player are Crazeh good and marth is awsome.
Sorry for the earlier ignorance(i still like roy thoe)  

RedPhantomCloud

Indigo Swordsman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:30 pm
Phantom_Sephiroth
Damn! Marth Rox, but i guess any character who had a video made just for them and shows nothing ,but them kicking everyones a** would rock

Sorry dudez ROY is and will Alwayz Be ~BETTER~

I think you missed the point. It isn't just about the video. Marth is simply better, mainly because of the wicked combos he can pull off. Watch the vid closely. See, for example, the double shffl'd fairs? Just try comboing people like that with Roy. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:21 pm
Marth is better. He is faster and can pull off attacks faster. He is overall better. But again that doesnt mean he cant win a large scale tournament. I like link but he is low ranked. Doesnt mean anything. I'll get good with him. I have beat people who paly alrge scale tournaments with Link. I practice alot when they come over. I plan on being the best link ever. With jiggy as my secondary. XD  

Zeyl

Dark Captain Gio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:26 pm
Marth is better he is swift and his combos can do some serious damge, but i'm best with yoshi i know that's weird but I am. (especially in the old game)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:22 pm
Dark Captain Gio
Marth is better he is swift and his combos can do some serious damge, but i'm best with yoshi i know that's weird but I am. (especially in the old game)

Nothing wrong with Yoshi, or any low tier character for that matter.

The only problem with low tier characters is that you'll have a tougher time using them, unless you learn to counterpick properly.  

ArcVyse

Woof_BlackHayate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:33 pm
So Marth may be faster, but Roy's attack power is better. I admit that Marth may have some advantages over Roy (i.e., his jump and speed), but I think it really does depend on the player's skills. I know someone who is a very good player and can use Roy exceptionally well, so I think I will have to disagree on the "Marth is better" theory.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:55 pm
Woof_BlackHayate
So Marth may be faster, but Roy's attack power is better. I admit that Marth may have some advantages over Roy (i.e., his jump and speed), but I think it really does depend on the player's skills. I know someone who is a very good player and can use Roy exceptionally well, so I think I will have to disagree on the "Marth is better" theory.

Yes it does depend on the player's skills.

When their skill level is equal, then it comes down to character choice.

Unfortunately, Roy has little answer for Marth, Marth may be weaker, but only by a megre fraction, and has equal knockback if you can land tipper hits like Ken can.

Take NEO, he is the world's best Roy player, he placed 2nd at FC3, which was the world's biggest SSBM tournament ever, he lost to SephirothKen, the best Marth player (And best player overall) in the world.

Marth
- Better Wavedash
- More Effective Shuffl' game
- More effective finishers
- Longer Disjointed Hitbox
- Double Fair Combos
- Ken Combo
- Better overall Combo ability
- Better Edgeguarder
- Not a fastfaller -> Cannot be comboed against
- Better Recovery
- Better Dashdance
- Sweetspot is at the tip of the sword, extending his lethal range greatly
- Better Chainthrower
- Better Ledgehop

~Ranked 3rd on the SSBM character Tier List~

Roy
- Less effective Wavedash
- Quicker, but less effective Shuffl' game
- His only effective finisher is his Forward smash, which is slow, extremely laggy and can be shield grabbed more easily.
- Shorter Disjointed Hitbox
- D-tilt 2 hit combos
- Up air combos
- Less combo ability overall
- Lesser Edgeguarding ability
- Fastfaller -> Can be comboed against easily
- Worser recovery
- Adequete Dashdance
- Sweetspot is at the middle of the sword -> Shortening the effective range
- Lesser Chainthrow ability
- Lesser ledgehop ability

~Ranked 15th on the SSBM Tier List~

I don't mean to offend you, but any person who believes Roy is better, shows that they have only a limited understanding to how to play the game at a professional level.  

ArcVyse

Phantom_Renegade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:57 pm
^hell yea, can u noobs say "I JUST GOT TOLD"
there ya go a list of reasons why marth is better, tyvm Arc  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:17 pm
No offense, but I think some people take this game a bit too seriously. I just play for fun sweatdrop  

Woof_BlackHayate

RedPhantomCloud

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:48 pm
i guess in the overall analysis Marth has the advantage, but i believe i can beat alot of marth players with Roy.
(say 2 people whos characters are any1 ,but roy and marth decide to pic them for the first time-they kno how to play,just never picked roy or marth-
i think roy would win)  
Characters

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces