Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Getting worse?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Klandy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:52 pm
Okay, this is one of my friends and she's not as bad as some of my other friends. In thise was at least, but the next email. She writes horrible. This an email from her not too long ago.
Quote:

hey how are you im doing good .....tonight was weird. I didnt like the way she acted ..my friends are soo tottaly weird....some of them are being mean but thats cool ...i still have all my other friends..........lol skljdklfj sorry i just felt like doing that. like talkin in jibberishes words lollollollollolllollollollolllolsoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......lyke ok i stop now and go sweepy ...nite nite

This is the same friend two weeks later.
Quote:

hEy...............howru ...omg...the ws soooooooooooooooo AnNoYiNg...don lik it wen she dos tat lol lol i sooooooooooooooooo0000000000000 hype! wellli like this was ammszaing cuz she was totaly odd how kaitlyn kept on takin pitures and stuf i odnt lke that she is oso annoying. ok me go to bed and me scremmm out loud dunnoy said tat dont have skool morrow wnna han out we kan go get sum kand kool huh lol whoowps i mean candy i ddnkt know is woret thatl. g2g2 get off pyter........ nitte nite nite ttyl ttfn cu morrow

She is getting worse.
Does anyone agree with me that that the english language for teens and kids is getting worse? Where do they come up with this stuff?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:22 am
She is getting worse.
Sorry to say it, but she is.
Though dont worry about it, this one agrees with you that the language the teens and kids are using is terrible. Honestly this one wants to see them write in a word document, or something where there is a speel checker, and a grammer checker as well. It is doubtful that there would be one sentence (if they had even included false stops, as alot of them don't) that correct English.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Razten Mizuten

SJC^Superslacker^

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:55 am
By god. I think that made my eyes bleed...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:55 am
Klandy
Okay, this is one of my friends and she's not as bad as some of my other friends. In thise was at least, but the next email. She writes horrible. This an email from her not too long ago.
Quote:

hey how are you im doing good .....tonight was weird. I didnt like the way she acted ..my friends are soo tottaly weird....some of them are being mean but thats cool ...i still have all my other friends..........lol skljdklfj sorry i just felt like doing that. like talkin in jibberishes words lollollollollolllollollollolllolsoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......lyke ok i stop now and go sweepy ...nite nite

This is the same friend two weeks later.
Quote:

hEy...............howru ...omg...the ws soooooooooooooooo AnNoYiNg...don lik it wen she dos tat lol lol i sooooooooooooooooo0000000000000 hype! wellli like this was ammszaing cuz she was totaly odd how kaitlyn kept on takin pitures and stuf i odnt lke that she is oso annoying. ok me go to bed and me scremmm out loud dunnoy said tat dont have skool morrow wnna han out we kan go get sum kand kool huh lol whoowps i mean candy i ddnkt know is woret thatl. g2g2 get off pyter........ nitte nite nite ttyl ttfn cu morrow

She is getting worse.
Does anyone agree with me that that the english language for teens and kids is getting worse? Where do they come up with this stuff?

I must.

Hey. How are you? I'm doing well. Tonight was weird. I didn't like the way she acted. My friends are so tottaly weird...some of them are being mean, but that's cool. I still have all my other friends. Haha [I refuse to correct this] Sorry. I just felt like doing that. I like talking in gibberish words [Typing this may be fatal to my health]... Okay, I'll stop now and go to bed ...good night.

Hello! How are you...oh my god. This was so annoying. I don't like it when she does that. Haha. I'm so hyper! Well, I like this was amazing becuase she was totaly odd how Kaitlyn kept on taking pictures and stuff. I don't like that she is so annoying. Okay, I'm going to go to bed, and me screaming out loud. I don't know why I said that. I don't have school tomorrow. Do you want to hang out? We can go get some [What the hell?]. Huh? Hehe, oops! I mean candy. I didn't know is [My mind hurts to much]. I have to get off the computer. Good night. Talk to you later. See you tommorow.

That hurt. I'm not sure if it's all correct. It was way too confusing.  

drwoot

drwoot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:57 am
Klandy

She is getting worse.

I'm 14. It's just a select few people who are too lazy to learn how to type with all their fingers. It's alot faster that way. And I don't think any of them are aware they're MURDERING our language.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:07 pm
I swear, I'd translate that, if my head didn't get a migrane reading that. Ow...  

Archdemonessa

looseeuh

nuGen Staff Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:44 pm
I've been improving my typing since last year, actually. It was never as bad as your friend's, (No offense) but I can't even believe I would do such a thing.

I pulled this out of my extremely old xanga. Please don't kill yourself.

Quote:
haha ive bin cuuming home late late late lately and was too tired to update.. but im here now and ima stayyy!!!! snowboarding ish FUN!!!!!!! i have mah 6th phone.. =P this one ish CRAPPY!!!!!!!!!!! ...buuuuuuuuut.. at least i have one.. we learnededed our whole entire dance routine =] finally. i get center almost ALLL of the dance sooo im HAPPY hehehehehehehe. well nothing to spoke. haha i said spoke (har de harrr) xanga ish sooo boring. i think ima do myspace now. you onwt be seeing me here no more! too bad so sad (booohooo)

t00tles ya'll ~~~ PEACE!

Yes, I know. What was I thinking? Who says "ish" anyways?

I'm glad I'm improving. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:02 am
I think society as a whole is getting worse... but it's really just idiotic children babbling anyway. How many adults talk like that? None, and it's not because it's new. It's becoming just another stage for middle/high schoolers to go through.  

Lord Galrad

DancinnFiendd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:50 pm
Some of those were decently bad *cringes* sad

You know what i have noticed though?? So many people (or at least my "friends") have started saying "yesh". I mean why in the world would you say "yesh"! It annoys me so much. Then I ask them why they say that word and they say "because yes is too broing". argh.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:40 pm
Hmm. "Yesh" is actually kinda cute. In a few months I'll hate it, but right now it's cute.  

Pythian

Keren

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:41 pm
WetbackAntichrist
By god. I think that made my eyes bleed...

It made my brain bleed. gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:01 pm
Pythian
Hmm. "Yesh" is actually kinda cute. In a few months I'll hate it, but right now it's cute.

It's horrible in my opinion..they say it constantly and plus the one "Friend" that says it is not excatly my favorite person. neutral  

DancinnFiendd

Archdemonessa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:24 pm
I used to say twomp, but I don't know what it means...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:05 pm
It's like you can slowly see her brain liquifying and escaping through her ears. I don't blame it (him? her?), I'd be running away, too.  

Nicholas Kaze

Friendly Prophet

16,625 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Farrago

Proxy Codger

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:06 pm
*sigh* That was SO not worth reading. I need to go read Animal Farm again. It's not hard, but I'm looking for something easy, but worthwhile.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games