Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Game sprite beading Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Squirrel of Doom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:04 am
Once again I've been inspired by I be me's crafty antics - she was talking about bead looms and I got all obsessed and had to get my own, which, thankfully, came with assorted beads as I can't afford to buy any more right now, and I managed to conjure up this:

User Image

What better way to combine my love of classic snes games and craftin' - two kinds of geekery rolled into one! blaugh

The sprite pattern came from here  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:49 am
awww
thats so cool
I wanna make one

I thaught it would come out a lot more squished than that with the not squareness of the beads, but that looks great

I might just do one after I am finished on the beaded thingo I am doing now,
even though I love the look of the finished beads I soooo dont have the attentionspan to do this very well, so my beading is coming along sloooowly  

I be me
Vice Captain

Squirrel of Doom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:43 am
I be me

I thaught it would come out a lot more squished than that with the not squareness of the beads, but that looks great

He just kinda looks like he's riding his broom really fast blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:33 am
that is rididulously awesome. What are you gonna do with it? is it going to be a bracelet of a key chain, etc.? That kind of makes me wish i hadn't lost my bead loom during the move. Not that i really have time to that right now anyways but still. Very awesome work.  

carnivore

Squirrel of Doom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:40 am
carnivore
that is rididulously awesome. What are you gonna do with it? is it going to be a bracelet of a key chain, etc.? That kind of makes me wish i hadn't lost my bead loom during the move. Not that i really have time to that right now anyways but still. Very awesome work.

It was gonna be a bracelet but I miscalculated and it's far too long so I think I'll just keep it and gaze at it adoringly! xd  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:04 pm
Whoa, I think I'm going to make that into a cross-stitch. I don't have a bead loom myself, but a cross-stitch would seem awful cool as well.

*thumbs up*

By the way, I luff Yoshi's Island with all my heart. One of my favorite games of all time (and my moms too- she got obsessed with it).  

curli

carnivore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:57 pm
Squirrel of Doom
carnivore

It was gonna be a bracelet but I miscalculated and it's far too long so I think I'll just keep it and gaze at it adoringly! xd

surely with all the crafty people here we can think of some use for it... you could add onto it and make a belt or you could turn it into a key chain... or sew it like a patch to a bag or a jacket... or even to some cloth and then use the cloth to bind a book... the possibilities are endless...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:55 pm
carnivore
Squirrel of Doom
carnivore

surely with all the crafty people here we can think of some use for it... you could add onto it and make a belt or you could turn it into a key chain... or sew it like a patch to a bag or a jacket... or even to some cloth and then use the cloth to bind a book... the possibilities are endless...

i'd probably just gaze at it adoringly too. xd you did a really good job.  

PashminaBallerina

Tipsy Prophet

paradisecrane

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:48 am
That is so freaking awsome!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:48 am
I think that is very clever! I think that those beaded designs would look cute on the front of a top hat. xd  

Goddess Marianne

ElizabethRose311

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:52 am
omg!!!!! that is totally amazin!!! my boyfriend is a total gamer, and he had wanted me ot maek him somthing, but i had no idea wht to make!!! now i know!!! thanks so much for the link!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:28 pm
That is very cool smile
Just this week I was thinking about beading some game sprites. I was planning to try some off-loom weaves. These sprites seem to me to be perfect things to bead.  

bit_witch

Invisible Gekko

10,950 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Generous 100

Little Skana

Flip-Flopper

44,900 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:29 pm
You did a great job. It looks awesome.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:30 pm
Squirrel of Doom
Once again I've been inspired by I be me's crafty antics - she was talking about bead looms and I got all obsessed and had to get my own, which, thankfully, came with assorted beads as I can't afford to buy any more right now, and I managed to conjure up this:

I have been dying to start loom beading, but felt overwhelmed by the millions of bead colors Delica offers. Yours was a kit with an assortment of beads.. Could you share where you picked yours up at?

Excellent job on that, by the way. I love gaming themed crafts!  

quietish

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:18 pm
I've been beading game sprites with plastic beads (hama beads/perler beads, that kind) and then ironing them to make them stick together. It's fun and makes nice looking coasters or wall decorations. smile

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff