Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:45 pm
As I was looking at some of my site tokens after putting a new one away, I got curious about what is used in other Kingdoms. Since we're all from all over the Known World here, I'll ask you. What's the most creative token you've ever seen? What's your favorite? Are there any that you continue to wear on your belt years after the event they were for?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:23 pm
i think my favorite kind of site tokens are the coins - usually they're made into necklaces, but it's fun to wear multipule ones on your belt just to jingle whee and it also makes the gypsys happy whee the Gypsys of the Outlands LOVE the jingle of coins... they love it even more if it's coin in customer's pockets wink

Twin star of Suzaku

Dangerous Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:16 pm
I forget which feast it was for, but once I got what appeared to be a Venus of Wilindorf, which turned out to be a roast chicken on closer examination.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:58 am
A pewter medallion in the shape of a medieval tower.

I loved them so much (because its my heraldic device) I made everyone in my household give me theirs after the event.  

[Shall.We.Blaspheme]

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:02 am
haha!! nicely done Shall.We.Blaspheme xd

And it all depends here - if it's a small event (as it usually is here sadly) then it can be things like random beads on string, or that kind of thing
although for the spring coronet in An Tir - in Tir Bannog this year, it replaced our 'Penguin Coronet' becuase of the timing, but our shire being so .... patriotic for lack of better description (yeah i know wrong contests but shh you get the idea! xd ) they had these little penguin metal charms!! they were so cute!!

.... hmm ..... speaking of which .... where has mine gone confused stare *goes in search*  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:18 pm
loved a one where it was metal and had a roman helmet on it.  

sillybillychoochoo

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:43 pm
I love the cast pewter site tokens. We got one for Celtic Cattle Raids that was a cow tail.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:05 pm
LittleGreenGirl
As I was looking at some of my site tokens after putting a new one away, I got curious about what is used in other Kingdoms. Since we're all from all over the Known World here, I'll ask you. What's the most creative token you've ever seen? What's your favorite? Are there any that you continue to wear on your belt years after the event they were for?
I love the ones that were handed out at 40th year celebration!!! They had twin dragons on one side and the other side had the emblem for 40th year celebration. It was covered in a gold paint, I'm guessing, and it was so cool!!!  

vampire_gurl88

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:29 pm
I'm rather fond of the ones we got for AnTir event this year called The Gathering, it was a skull and crossbones made from real bone ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:36 pm
Dema
I'm rather fond of the ones we got for AnTir event this year called The Gathering, it was a skull and crossbones made from real bone ^_^

I was going to go to that. I am glad I didn't though, because the first noight there my adult friend had to take some girl to the hospital.

Mine was Summer investager in Otis Oregon, that was a cute one. We got little plastic peach/creamy white rings with elefants on them, it was cute. ^^  

Anti L0cke

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:53 pm
Dema

oooh, that sounds neat!

I think my favorite one so far is the pewter casting of the Northshield compass rose. Well, that and the one I helped design last year... it was a painted wood square with a spot to attatch a wire wrapped stone arrow head. (the arrow head was the feast token)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:14 pm
I'd have to say that my favorite site token was the one I got at the Kingdom of Northshield's first Coronation. It was a very cool, very detailed gold-tone coin with the Northshield Compass Rose on one side, and a line drawing of the faces of the first King and Queen, Siegfried & Bridei, on the other. Very, very cool.  

Imzy
Crew

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:36 am
Imzy
I'd have to say that my favorite site token was the one I got at the Kingdom of Northshield's first Coronation. It was a very cool, very detailed gold-tone coin with the Northshield Compass Rose on one side, and a line drawing of the faces of the first King and Queen, Siegfried & Bridei, on the other. Very, very cool.

lol... you know, I didn't even notice that their faces were on it! That is pretty spiffy...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:52 pm
Coins are often good things. I like the Estrella tokens from this year (XXII). I've seen a couple braid-and-bead favors which were pretty, and some stamped leather. Last year's collegium of the desert had a favor disproportionately cool to the size of the event. I've been seeing a lot of really lame favors lately though.  

[Atropa Belladonna]

SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces