What got you started? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SammySue
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:31 pm
Just wondering why everyone started watching Stargate SG-1. Did someone else tell you about? Did you like the movie, noticed a TV series, and decided to watch it? Flipping through channels and saw it on? What?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:39 pm
Well, I started watching the series in it's fifth year. But the SciFi channel has a bunch of the older ones on. I'm not sure how I came to start watching the show. I think I was channel surfing or I was watching something on the channel and the show came on afterwards. Anyway, I watch it now whenever I have time. I told my mom about the show and she told me there was a movie for it. She said that I've seen it and that we had it on tape. So I can't say I saw the movie because I forgot about it until I started watching the show.  

SammySue
Crew

Elfi Maura
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:56 am
((is losing internet in a few hours))  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:02 am
i started watching from the 3rd episode in the first season or something...they don't show it here where i live, so i watched it on satelite dubbed in german...hehehe...it's weird...i have followed it since they started and i have seen every season ...like..2 or 3 times....still not tired of watching...i just switched onto it and decided to watch since i like sci fi.....got hooked..hehe sweatdrop  

General Jack O-Neill

Eagleam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:18 am
Well first saw the movie then one day my dad was sitting down watching T.V. and he calls me "Stargates on" so I figured it was the movie and was looking forward to see it again..turns out to be this Stargate SG-1.

I was thinking What's that? so basically started watching it in its first season, around season 2 or 3 I lost track of the show but working on getting the series of DVD so I have it all!! domokun biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:33 pm
Hmmm, well I know I saw the movie when it came out in theaters...that was a long time ago though. Then my Dad actually used to watch it during dinner in the background it was just on and I wouldn't pay attention to it..I didn't care then. I do remember that one day I did watch an episode out of the blue with my family because it seemed interesting...I still hadn't heard of the show though. It was good episode though. After that I didn't watch it until this last year during the first half of season 7 and then I started to catch up with the early seasons during the weekdays. It's been almost a year now but along the way when season 5 rolled around in reruns "Ascension" was shown and I realized it was the episode I had watched back when it was new and I didn't know the show. xd biggrin So I will always have that strange little memory of seeing that episode before I was interested. Now of course I'm a full blown obsessed fan..can't go a day without my Stargate SG-1 fix...it's my anti-drug!!!! LOL! xd biggrin xd Or maybe just my drug...yep probably.  

Calixto
Crew

positive tension

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:09 pm
stargate is a "family thing" in my house. my dad got me hooked on it when i was around 11 and it was in the 6th or 7 season. I have 3 copies of the movie and watched it over and over and then i found out there was a show. i own all the stargate seasons on DVD except for 7.. october 19th!! so, i just watch those whenever i can and without commercials. ^.^  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:13 pm
Well, my dad used to watch it, while I was obssessed with Star Trek. One day, he asked me just to watch one episode with him, because, at that time, though I hadn't seen the show at all, I hated it. I know, I'm silly. Anywho, I watched the episode with him (I believe it was the Fifth Race). I immediately became hooked. Haven't stopped watching it since then!  

SpiritKeeper

Zeldana

Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:44 pm
My dad used to fix VCR's, and sometimes people randomly left tapes in them, or if they were really not paying attention, they'd leave full, unopened VHS's somewhere in one of the VCR's storage thingies... so anyway, my dad somehow ended up with like, three or four good copies of Stargate on VHS, and I would watch the movie because it was really interesting to me at the time (I was about 9 or 10). My dad and step-mom began watching the series around season three, and I got hooked after watching Window Of Opportunity. =D Now my step-mom owns all current buyable seasons on DVD, which she received for her birthday from my dad, but I ended up watching like, every episode with and without the commentaries waaay before she did. XD Heh, I love the special featues.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:38 pm
SammySue
Just wondering why everyone started watching Stargate SG-1. Did someone else tell you about? Did you like the movie, noticed a TV series, and decided to watch it? Flipping through channels and saw it on? What?
I saw it advertised on Showtime and I thought 'Wow Richard Dean Anderson! I gotta check that out'. I hadn't seen the movie till I watched a year of Sg-1 and I'm happy cause if I would have seen the movie first I probably wouldn't have liked the show.

Anyway I've been with the series ever since the first episode and i was surprised that they had full frontal nudity in the first episode eek but I've been a loyal fan for the last 8 years.  

Revengers_Heart

Aged Explorer

4,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50

Kopy Kat
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:39 pm
I saw the movie way back when it came out, and I've been Stargate hooked ever since. I used to watch the repeats on Sci-fi channel, since they didn't have the rights to the new episodes then. And then my mom got rid of cable so I stopped watching it for a while. I missed season 6 and half of season 7...but I'm catching up on season 6 on Sundays (thanks for telling me 'bout that Calixto! heart ), and buying season 7 when it comes out next month...

heart heart Stargate heart heart  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:23 pm
Revengers_Heart
SammySue
I saw it advertised on Showtime and I thought 'Wow Richard Dean Anderson! I gotta check that out'. I hadn't seen the movie till I watched a year of Sg-1 and I'm happy cause if I would have seen the movie first I probably wouldn't have liked the show.

Anyway I've been with the series ever since the first episode and i was surprised that they had full frontal nudity in the first episode eek but I've been a loyal fan for the last 8 years.

Yeah, I was surprised by it too. I never saw the first episode before I brought the first Season DVD. I always thought that SciFi channel played the first one on a Monday when I forgot to watch it or that it came on before I remember to turned it on. But then I realized that they couldn't played the first one.  

SammySue
Crew

Revengers_Heart

Aged Explorer

4,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:09 am
SammySue
Revengers_Heart
SammySue

Yeah, I was surprised by it too. I never saw the first episode before I brought the first Season DVD. I always thought that SciFi channel played the first one on a Monday when I forgot to watch it or that it came on before I remember to turned it on. But then I realized that they couldn't played the first one.

I think they did play the first one but they edited it for content.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:23 pm
My family bought the movie, and i had no idea what it was...many months later I was bored so i whatched it....I loved the movie heart

then I was flipping through channels late one night, Then I saw a picture of the stargate so I stopped and watched it, and loved the show right away....just to let you know....I don't have cable so I haven't really seen many shows and I have know idea what season they are showing at the moment sweatdrop but I watch it every saterday (its only on saterdays crying )  

deirei

SammySue
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:55 pm
deirei
My family bought the movie, and i had no idea what it was...many months later I was bored so i whatched it....I loved the movie heart

then I was flipping through channels late one night, Then I saw a picture of the stargate so I stopped and watched it, and loved the show right away....just to let you know....I don't have cable so I haven't really seen many shows and I have know idea what season they are showing at the moment sweatdrop but I watch it every saterday (its only on saterdays crying )

Poor you! **hugs deirei** I wish I could send you all of my DVDs so you can see most of them. I have all seasons that are out.  
The Stargate Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff