Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Nintendo Guild
Would Nintendo be as popular if the sega company was still a Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would sega beat nintendo
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
76%
 76%  [ 10 ]
It would be a tie
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Neither would win
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

ShiroChen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:53 am
Think about it.They were the first one to have a color portable system(game gear) and a 3-d system(sega dreamcast).They were ahead of nintendo,but they still went out of business.Would sega actually beat nintendo,or would nintendo still be on top?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:32 am
Not a chance. This is probably a little biased, as I love Nintendo, but I still don't think so. The games that it had were not nearly as good. Obviously, this does not apply to Sonic and Crazy Taxi, but has anybody heard of any other games for Sega? I haven't, but I know there were others, showing they just weren't good enough to be popular.  

darkphoenix1247

KAZ Joker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:07 pm
darkphoenix1247
Not a chance. This is probably a little biased, as I love Nintendo, but I still don't think so. The games that it had were not nearly as good. Obviously, this does not apply to Sonic and Crazy Taxi, but has anybody heard of any other games for Sega? I haven't, but I know there were others, showing they just weren't good enough to be popular.

Actually, I own one and I still can't think of any others. stare  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:49 am
KAZ Joker
darkphoenix1247

Actually, I own one and I still can't think of any others. stare

LOL.That is true.What was I thinking sweatdrop  

ShiroChen

Ryumeka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:51 am
The GameGear may have been the first portable colour system, but it drained alot of battery power. And the DreamCast wasn't really that popular among people.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:48 pm
Ryumeka
The GameGear may have been the first portable colour system, but it drained alot of battery power. And the DreamCast wasn't really that popular among people.

I think the DreamCast is quite popular among people in Japan blaugh  

_CFTM
Crew

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:54 pm
It wasn't, actually. It was a flop, all around. Developers hated it. Gamers wouldn't buy it. Sega dropped the SegaCD so fast that people lost faith. When nobody would so much as announce probable games for the system, SegaAmerica and SegaJapan split. That was the turning point. They tried to do two seperate things with two seperate strategems, and both failed, miserably.

Nintendo of America (NoA) and Nintendo of Japan (NoJ) have always had strong relations. NoA and NoJ share ideas and strategems, unlike any other company that produces video games. This is a strategy that has kept the only pure gaming company, Nintendo, alive for nearly two decades (not taking into account the century it was dedicated to card games).

NoA share and colaborate gaming ideas and translations with NoJ and vice-versa. They always try to keep the US and Japanese versions of a game as similar as possible. The rough translations are cleaned up. Things that mightn't be understood in the US, such as cultural jokes, are removed or replaced. This is something no other company really has, and it has served them well.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:08 pm
Edymion
It wasn't, actually. It was a flop, all around. Developers hated it. Gamers wouldn't buy it. Sega dropped the SegaCD so fast that people lost faith. When nobody would so much as announce probable games for the system, SegaAmerica and SegaJapan split. That was the turning point. They tried to do two seperate things with two seperate strategems, and both failed, miserably.

Nintendo of America (NoA) and Nintendo of Japan (NoJ) have always had strong relations. NoA and NoJ share ideas and strategems, unlike any other company that produces video games. This is a strategy that has kept the only pure gaming company, Nintendo, alive for nearly two decades (not taking into account the century it was dedicated to card games).

NoA share and colaborate gaming ideas and translations with NoJ and vice-versa. They always try to keep the US and Japanese versions of a game as similar as possible. The rough translations are cleaned up. Things that mightn't be understood in the US, such as cultural jokes, are removed or replaced. This is something no other company really has, and it has served them well.

You prove a good point.  

ShiroChen

darkphoenix1247

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:00 pm
lol somebody did their research  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:17 pm
ninja I'm a gaming nut from way back in the day.  

Edymion
Captain

your last chance

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:13 pm
sega would never beat nintendo sega wouldnt even beat atari. sega never was good at building systems
the only thing they could do well in is arcade.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:52 pm
xd Atari only did well in the arcade wink  

Edymion
Captain

HellsMajesty

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:45 pm
nintendo have all the best classic characters, they have always had great selling consoles, and i swear n64 was out b4 dreamcast but even so dreamcast didnt sell because people still wanted nintendo classics  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:24 pm
teekee603
Think about it.They were the first one to have a color portable system(game gear) and a 3-d system(sega dreamcast).They were ahead of nintendo,but they still went out of business.Would sega actually beat nintendo,or would nintendo still be on top?

Sega sucked for 1 reason and 1 reason alone... "sega sports" the videogame industry's main income IS NOT from those stupid littl sports games that you have to buy a new one of every frikin' year! VIDEOGAMES ROCK BECAUSE OF NON-SPORTS GAMES!!!

Sega never learned this... they never got the attention of big game publishers and never really got the idea that their sports games hardly made up for the cost of producing them...

Sega went under because Nintendo had Mario and Link and Sega had sonic and tails...  

Kenji Illumni

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:45 pm
Mario and Link are the, single most hailed characters of all time, followed by a good distance by number three...Samus Aran ^_^ People forget that the national polls put the sexy bounty hunter at a much higher rung than Master Cheif.  
Nintendo Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff