Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

willowtree
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:43 pm
I read this on IMDb today:

"It became clear Monday that the Harry Potter franchise will end with the seventh film. Author J.K. Rowling said in a television interview in the U.K. on Monday that she plans to kill off two of the regular characters in her seventh book and that one of them may be Harry himself. Rowling said that she could understand "the mentality of an author who thinks, 'Well, I'm gonna kill them off because that means there can be no non-author-written sequels. So it will end with me, and after I'm dead and gone they won't be able to bring back the character.'" Asked specifically whether Harry will die in the seventh book, Rowling declined to respond, saying that she feared any remark she might make would draw hate mail. "

What do you think?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:02 pm
Hmm, if she's killing off two I wouldn't have made Harry one of them - but her comments about how she wants to bury the Harry Potter franchise seem a little bit definite - which is out of character for her.

With those words, I would say Harry will die, and the other person will probably be Hagrid (not counting all the bad guys that will go down - though I don't think Snape will be among them).

However, I'd like a source on this, maybe a copy of the interview. I want to see those words spoken with my own eyes.  

Kermi

Hygienic Consumer

Kermi

Hygienic Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:08 pm
Alrighty kids, here's the interview on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aMKbiqWLKU&search=rowling

The way the interview is conducted is worded somewhat differently - all she really says is that one character she planned to kill will now live, but two she didn't intend to kill will die. Nothing about these people being main characters, vital to the storyline, or one of the trio. She doesn't want to say who dies for fear of hatemail, not that she won't say yes/no on Harry specifically. She won't allude to ANYONE dying - and let's face it, they all have their fans: Harry, Ron, Luna, Nevilla, hermione, Snape, Malfoy, Hagrid, etc.
While I still consider Harry dying a possibility, this interview has confirmed nothing. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:07 am
She will probably kill off Harry but for the sake of my own sanity I hope she doesn't. If she's going to kill off two regular characters my guess is it's probably going to be Lupin and either Hagrid or Ron.  

covo

RebelJediKnight06

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:03 pm
Hmmm...I think it could be Harry. If she does kill off Harry, that means the series Harry Potter ends at Book 7 with his death...kinda makes sense that way. If anyone else dies, I think it should be Wormtail.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:41 pm
I think it will be Ron, and I don't think she'll kill of Lupin, as he just got with Tonks, and unless she kills them both crying crying I doubt she'll do this. But I think one of the trio is going to have to snuff it.  

FayeKasumiValentine1

kyomuffins

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:05 am
I hope she kills Ron biggrin But I REAALLY hope she doesn't kill Lupin or Malfoy because then all of my favoutrite characters will be dead and GONE!

GOOONEEE!

*sob* crying  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:53 pm
She said two of the regular characters which could mean big danger for the not so regular characters as well
People I want toasted and crispy:
1. SNAPE burning_eyes
2. LUCIUS MALFOY burning_eyes
3. Bellatrix. burning_eyes
4. Voldemort burning_eyes
5. Pretty much all the other Death Eaters burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes

That's pretty much it. I want others punished but not dead  

Harlequin-Avarice

[S] a k u r a

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:51 am
1. Bellatrix ((sirius!!!))

2. Umbridge ((shudder))

3. Wormtail ((Bakayarou!!))

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:23 pm
willowtree
I read this on IMDb today:

"It became clear Monday that the Harry Potter franchise will end with the seventh film. Author J.K. Rowling said in a television interview in the U.K. on Monday that she plans to kill off two of the regular characters in her seventh book and that one of them may be Harry himself. Rowling said that she could understand "the mentality of an author who thinks, 'Well, I'm gonna kill them off because that means there can be no non-author-written sequels. So it will end with me, and after I'm dead and gone they won't be able to bring back the character.'" Asked specifically whether Harry will die in the seventh book, Rowling declined to respond, saying that she feared any remark she might make would draw hate mail. "

What do you think?

i dont want anyone to die except: snape,draco,and voldemort  

guy_lover_450

Queen Cranberry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:45 pm
shes gonna kill snape! *runs off and cries*

edit: wait a min two of the main chars..

Harry and Voldie! Though I like harry too...dammit. *runs off and cries again*

Well voldie has to die, hes the main villian, so that leaves one unknow char,
which could be Harry.
But who knows till the books comes out really. *can't sleep till it does.* xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:22 pm
I thought that the author was gonna end the series in book 8.........DON'T LET HARRY DIE!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!! scream gonk domokun  

Elvin_mist74

Private Bunnyface

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:31 am
I think one of the main characters will be Voldemort, because if you think about it she isn't going to let the series end without stopping the evil. Harry has been trying to fight him for almost 7 years now, and I doubt that will go for nothing.
I also think Snape will die. He will probably get to explain to Harry how he had to do what he had to do, and end up dieing to protect Harry.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:33 am
JK said there would only be seven HP books. She might do a dictionary or reference book, but seven is all the books we're going to get. She said we'd have all the backstory we would need. I don't think she should go beyond her original planned seven because the storyline probably would get muddled.

I think Severus will be the one character who will get a reprive. JK said that one character was headed for the noose, but got a reprive at the last minute. The reason I say one of the trio has to die is because HP is a adventure book based on love. In order for Harry to defeat Voldemort, someone is going to have to make a sacrifice. I believe Ron will sacrifice himself to save his best friend.

Voldemort has to die, no doubt about that. I also think Peter Pettigrew will die, Bellatrix, and more members of the order. I really, really don't want it to be McGonagall, but considering her age and connections to Dumbledore, it's a possibility. I'm also thinking Hagrid might sacrifice himself for Harry. crying

I'm going to be crying rivers in any case..  

FayeKasumiValentine1

Spastic waffles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:05 am
I really, really hope she doesn't kill both Harry and Voldemort.

That would just be...-shudder-

Book 7- Rumors and Predictions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces