Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Gothic pets! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ringwraith10

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:27 am
Does anyone have gothic pets? I realised that my pets fit my own gothic style when my mom mentioned to me something about the white dogs staying downstairs and the black dogs going upstairs with me. Explanation: In my house we have 4 dogs and 2 cats. Two of the dogs are MINE, as well as one of the cats. The interesting thing is that MY dogs are both black and my cat is very dark brown with black ears and legs. The other animals are all white. eek My first dog is sort of a gothic lolita -- he's a black poodle. cool My other dog is a black australian shepherd mix.

I would post pictures, but I don't have any really good ones on my computer... I don't think.

They have dogster pages, though:

Pepper (the poodle): www.dogster.com/?127507
Libbie (the aussie): www.dogster.com/?127529  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:17 am
I have a cat named "Flower" (Fear me and my mad naming skills.) sweatdrop

She's white.

She has a big black blob over her head, with part of it falling over one of her eyes. I put a black leather collar on her with silver studs.

I love my little emo cat. blaugh  

Little Miss Lunacy

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:24 am
I used to have a black cat named Shadow. She was a barn cat and wasn't used to having owners, so she ran away when she was wee small.

Alas.

I've owned many cats - or shall I say, had the pleasure of many felines for company. Cats own you moreso than you own them. Anywho, I've always thought of cats as a sort of gothic pet overall.

Bear with me here:

- most goths are seen as being antisocial. Cats are the same way. You have to earn their love. And even so they are still extremely independent.

- most goths express keen interest in Egyptian lore. Cats are sacred in Egyt.

- most goths are big fans of Halloween. Cats are a big part in Halloween decoration, etc.

- most goths are stereotyped as being witches. Traditional fairy tale views on witches say they have a cat. i.e. Sabrina the Teenage Witch and her cat Salem.

- most goths are thought to be vampyres or even identify themselves as vampyres. Old myths say that some vampyres would take the shape of cats.

I could probably list a ton of reasons. So in that light, I still have two cats right now. My little gothic furballs.

heart

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:52 am
Cats are very popular amongst goths, it's true, but nothing is goth-ier than a raven. I don't actually own any ravens, but there are quite a few of them that hang out around my house. Not crows. Fully grow, 2' long ravens. I feed them any rotten meat from my refrigerator (being scavengers, it's natural and healthy for them to consume rotten meat). So they aren't mine, but they know I give them food, so they don't n** at me. They come and go as they please. I started naming them. "Lenore" seemed appropriate for the first one I saw.

*warning: do not try this if you don't have the resources to feed them regularly. Ravens are very large, very strong birds. They're 22-30 inches (55-80 cm) long, and have wingspans double that; they're bigger than most cats. They can easily n** off a finger or tear your eye out of it's socket if you aggitate them.  

GilAskan
Crew

xPhyxsiusx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:52 am
Well, I don't have any pets at my house, and my boyfriend's dog could hardly be described as goth. She's tan, white, and black, and horribly goofy...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:05 am
My dog is kinda gothy... Hes really big completely black and wears a pinch collar... how have I never noticed this!!!  

nanagirl

WeissVicious

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:39 am
I have a black cat that has a white chest, white paws, and white maw. I also have golden retriever, my mom or dad or both said that the golden retriever was the family dog sort. Our current retriever is our second one.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:16 am
Whoa....Now we are lableing our animals? Wierd....

Anyways, i have a two all black cats....They like me more than the rest of of the family....Or so my mom says. xd They follow me around and i treat them better than the other animals.....(I just now noticed that. lol) But i don't know if you could consider than 'goth'. I love my kittys...(There is my soft side eek )

*Wonders if i am making any sense....*

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

[ Die Katze ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:12 am
I've got an Irish Setter. Not really gothy but he's not completely mine anyway. Just a big huge goofball. And, my mother is allergic to cats so I can't have one until I get my own place to live.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:29 am
I Have One Really Fat Cat-I Call Her "Ginger" 3nodding xd

Xoh_Emily

Ndoki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:40 pm
I have an incredibly adorable puppy named Chiyo, she's a black and white bichon shi-tzu.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:25 pm
Well I used to have a white cat named Ozzy, and a black and white one named Bob. I have a rat now, named after Wednesday Addams.  

KoRnfucius

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:42 pm
I have a brother, we call him gavin stare  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:45 pm
My mother one day said she wanted to get a pet bat, but we couldn't find any place to buy one.  

Ndoki

Funkyblueeyes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:29 pm
My mouse was black!!
And named Lucifer *angel*

Now she's in a better place....
The dumpster eek  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash