Reply ~ Main Forum ~
The Sun! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Laharl Part Deux

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:00 pm
They say its part of the Goth thing to be sunshy, but I wanted to know how many of us actually like bright sunny days. I know I do. If it's nice I'm usually out doing stuff . And I love to be out at the pool if the days nice and hot.

And what about tans? I mean I don't intentionally go out and suntan, but it happens naturally for me with being out so much, even with a lot of sunblock.

((Just as a disclaimer I am not stereotyping goths by saying that most goths are sunshy, but more rather trying to break that stereotype by asking these questions))

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:06 pm
I LOVE sunny days! 'Specially when I'm out abroad!

I mean Scottish weather isn't exactly the best, is it? Half of the scots have almost forgotten what the sun looks like because it's always hiding behind clouds of rain. xD lawlz. But I must say, our summers are actually getting warmer! And I luvvit! I know I don't like to walk and be seen by people who want to beat me up, but I can't help it!

Though suntans are out of the question for me. I'm albino pale naturally (or as my dad said: "Milkbottle white, like a true scot!" lawlz) so I either have to wear a ******** load of sunblock or otherwise I look like a boiled lobster as I come out of the sun. TT____TT

I still can't wait to go out to Venice, though! xD
So sunneh! emo

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:07 pm
I do not like sunny days much at all.
I prefer the colder, harsher side of mother nature.
Such as blizzards, severe thunderstorms, tornadoes.

I just like the kind of weather where you can't see past your own arm.

Plus, the sun burns me way to easily.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:21 pm
Well I was born and raised in the colder darker part of Canada, so cold temperatures don't bother me at all (-40c is nothing, -50 means I put on a scarf and gloves) and I think I have become adjusted to that, so if it's even over 15c I sweat, and my eyes are incredibly sensitive so sunlight is a real pain, I'm esentially blind when I first step outside. That and I burn really easily, and I always somehow get a tan every year, even with a coat and a parasol.  

Ndoki

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:25 pm
Ndoki
Well I was born and raised in the colder darker part of Canada, so cold temperatures don't bother me at all (-40c is nothing, -50 means I put on a scarf and gloves) and I think I have become adjusted to that, so if it's even over 15c I sweat, and my eyes are incredibly sensitive so sunlight is a real pain, I'm esentially blind when I first step outside. That and I burn really easily, and I always somehow get a tan every year, even with a coat and a parasol.

I would love your weather with a passion.
I am being honest too.
I actually run around without a cout, gloves, or anything besides my normal clothes, during out winter.
It only got to about -9C here last winter crying
I want it colder..!!
I also get a tan if I wear my coat, it's weird for some reason, considering it's a full leather trenchcoat.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:32 pm
Im not sunshy, per se, I just like clouds. I rather cool, cloudy weather.  

Grave Revelations

Ndoki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:34 pm
Macabre_Cogitation

I am being honest too.
I actually run around without a cout, gloves, or anything besides my normal clothes, during out winter.
I want it colder..!!
I also get a tan if I wear my coat, it's weird for some reason, considering it's a full leather trenchcoat.

Well, when it gets that cold it does take a little getting used to, the thing I hate most about where I live though is we still get 4 seasons, so you can't really adapt to any of them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:36 pm
Macabre_Cogitation
Ndoki

I am being honest too.
I want it colder..!!

I agree, Im from new york and Im MUCH more suited for wintery climates then sunny ones.
I wear hoodies at all times of the year, sunblock goes right on after a shower and before I go out. Sunglasses come with every outfit.
bleechhh

*dives into an imagenary snowbank
What i wouldnt give for a decent snowball fight right now  

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:38 pm
I kind of do. Sometimes you just need a gloomy day though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:41 pm
I wouldnt be as sunshy if I lived somewhere else but since I live in Florida its kind of hard to stay cool and I can easily burn with in a couple hours of being outside. I still go out alot just not for long periods of time.  

vCJv

KoRnfucius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:18 pm
I like to see the sun, but only from inside my house. I'm part Irish, so I get a sunburn just from sitting in the window. And when I look at the sun it makes me sneeze. Weird, huh?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:41 pm
Mmm, I'm not much of a sun-worshipper, though a sunny day is a nice change when it's been raining every day for a while.  

EvFaerAshlynn

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:49 pm
I hate the sun. But I'm in it for about forty minutes everyday.

I have to ride my bike to work; twenty minutes one way.

Naturally I lather myself in sunblock.

But I hate being hot. Mid-sixties is too hot for me. I prefer mid-fifties to low forties. Mmm. Chill.

And I have astigmatism, so the sun hurts my eyes badly.

I revel in dreary weather.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:54 pm
NikiPaprika
I LOVE sunny days! 'Specially when I'm out abroad!

I mean Scottish weather isn't exactly the best, is it? Half of the scots have almost forgotten what the sun looks like because it's always hiding behind clouds of rain. xD lawlz. But I must say, our summers are actually getting warmer! And I luvvit! I know I don't like to walk and be seen by people who want to beat me up, but I can't help it!

Though suntans are out of the question for me. I'm albino pale naturally (or as my dad said: "Milkbottle white, like a true scot!" lawlz) so I either have to wear a ******** load of sunblock or otherwise I look like a boiled lobster as I come out of the sun. TT____TT

I still can't wait to go out to Venice, though! xD
So sunneh! emo

It's getting warmer now?
butbut, I like the cold-ish non-sunny Scotland weather!

I went on holiday over there in '99. funfunfun times :]

Yay Scotland!

[ Die Katze ]

[ Die Katze ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:57 pm
Im white, and the only thing that ever really tans are my arms, and then my face burns to a crisp and peels off, and stays whiiite unless I have sunscreen on, since I have to for the acne stuff I use.

Otherwise, I avoid the sun as much as possible, and I use at least 50spf sunscreen, if not higher.

And I HAVE seen 70spf at the drugstore, so I know it's out there.
but my mother refuses to buy it.

I burn really easily, like my family likes to eat breakfast outside on some Saturday mornings, and im out there for literally twenty minutes and my skin is turning red and starting to hurt.
It really sucks.

And the sun is really bright in my eyes, so im mostly wearing sunglasses or my prescription glasses with the photograze in them most of the time.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff