Reply The Stargate Guild
Gatecon 2004 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SpiritKeeper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:17 pm
Has anyone here been to Gatecon 2004? I went, and I got to meet, and talk to, Chris Judge, Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, Don S. Davis, Teryl Rothery, JR Bourne, Erick Avari, Frida Betrani, etc. It was incredible!!!!! Did anyone else go?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:20 pm
SpiritKeeper
Has anyone here been to Gatecon 2004? I went, and I got to meet, and talk to, Chris Judge, Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, Don S. Davis, Teryl Rothery, JR Bourne, Erick Avari, Frida Betrani, etc. It was incredible!!!!! Did anyone else go?

*evil glare* omg i wish i could go!! they never have them anywhere near dallas though, and i dont think my parents are willing to pay for a plane ticket for a stargate convention. if i'm not already nerdy enough. does everyone look like they do on t.v? because amanda tapping and michael shanks look like they have REALLY blue eyes.  

positive tension

SpiritKeeper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:24 pm
_0_tayre_0_
SpiritKeeper

*evil glare* omg i wish i could go!! they never have them anywhere near dallas though, and i dont think my parents are willing to pay for a plane ticket for a stargate convention. if i'm not already nerdy enough. does everyone look like they do on t.v? because amanda tapping and michael shanks look like they have REALLY blue eyes.

For the most part, yes they do look the same. Amanda is actually REALLY tall. That surprised me, because I thought that she'd be much shorter. Amanda is the nicest of the cast that attented. She all smiles, and she loves talking to the fans. She's spiffy!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:48 pm
crying I so want to go to one! But I don't have anyone to go with and I'm sure there won't be one near me.  

SammySue
Crew

SpiritKeeper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:03 pm
Gatecon, which is the one I went to, is in Vancouver, Canada, where they film the show. It's great, because I got to go around and see a lot of the locations used to film the show. I even got to see the iris. Not the gate, but still...

People come from all over the world to attend Gatecon. I met people there from Spain, England, China, South America, the US, everywhere! I myself am from Oregon, so it wasn't that far a trip to get to Vancouver, but imagine the people who live in China, or Europe!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:09 pm
SpiritKeeper
Gatecon, which is the one I went to, is in Vancouver, Canada, where they film the show. It's great, because I got to go around and see a lot of the locations used to film the show. I even got to see the iris. Not the gate, but still...

People come from all over the world to attend Gatecon. I met people there from Spain, England, China, South America, the US, everywhere! I myself am from Oregon, so it wasn't that far a trip to get to Vancouver, but imagine the people who live in China, or Europe!

I thought it was in Canada. I've never been out of the US and I don't think my parents would let me do so just to see SG. sweatdrop  

SammySue
Crew

Calixto
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:28 pm
I SO wanna go to Gatecon... crying it's totally not fair, I live pretty close to Vancouver, Canada and I still can't go. Plus, it's like expensive...*big sigh* I vow to absolutely get there someday!!! I swear my DVD's on it! Yep.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:46 pm
Yes, it is pretty expensive. For a superpass, which we bought, it cost about $210. Plus, if you want to buy tour tickets that's another $500 dollars. They also sell A LOT of Stargate merchandise (photos, posters, outfits, shirts, caps, mugs, etc), so that's another $300 dollars or so. Then, some actors charge about $25 for their autographs, and then, if you want your picture taken with one of them in costs another $15-% per actor. THAT'S A LOT OF MONEY!!!!  

SpiritKeeper

General Jack O-Neill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:50 am
gonk crying ...i wanna gooo.....so not fair...sigh...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:33 pm
SpiritKeeper
Yes, it is pretty expensive. For a superpass, which we bought, it cost about $210. Plus, if you want to buy tour tickets that's another $500 dollars. They also sell A LOT of Stargate merchandise (photos, posters, outfits, shirts, caps, mugs, etc), so that's another $300 dollars or so. Then, some actors charge about $25 for their autographs, and then, if you want your picture taken with one of them in costs another $15-% per actor. THAT'S A LOT OF MONEY!!!!

wow!! they're soo greedy! and RDA never come to the conventions, well what i've read online. 210!!! i fugured it would be cheaper.. *hope falls* now i shall never get to go. crying  

positive tension

SpiritKeeper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:20 pm
_0_tayre_0_
SpiritKeeper

wow!! they're soo greedy! and RDA never come to the conventions, well what i've read online. 210!!! i fugured it would be cheaper.. *hope falls* now i shall never get to go. crying

It only costs $210 for a Superpass ticket (which gets you into every event, and is good for every day at the convention). It costs $70 for a Day Pass (which gets you into some events, and only one day of the convention). Superpass's may be expensive, but they're MUCH better!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:00 pm
SpiritKeeper

You're so lucky. ;-;  

Dwapook

_Elphie_Thropp_
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:16 am
Why doesn't RDA go sad  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:54 pm
Danrio
Why doesn't RDA go sad

CAUSE HE'S FREAKIN STUPID!!! Nah, I love Rick. He doesn't come because of the same reasons that he isn't in very many episodes of Stargate anymore; he's getting old, he wants to spend time with his daughter. Ya.  

SpiritKeeper

_Elphie_Thropp_
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:55 pm
SpiritKeeper
Danrio
Why doesn't RDA go sad

CAUSE HE'S FREAKIN STUPID!!! Nah, I love Rick. He doesn't come because of the same reasons that he isn't in very many episodes of Stargate anymore; he's getting old, he wants to spend time with his daughter. Ya.

Did he go in the beginning?  
The Stargate Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces