Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply TokyoPop Manga Guild
~Fruits Basket Thread~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you like better: Furuba anime or Furuba manga?
Furuba Anime! Much cooler!
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Furuba Manga! I like the new twists!
46%
 46%  [ 23 ]
Well, both are pretty cool...
26%
 26%  [ 13 ]
F-Furuba...? What the crap is "Furuba"? I thought this was "Fruits Basket" thread!
22%
 22%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 50

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:29 pm
I thought the guild needed one. *tee hee*

I just got to finally read v2 this past week and I'm working on v3. I want v4 and I may have to give into my temptations. sweatdrop
It's funny, because when I read the first manga, I was kinda like "Okay, this is just like the anime...nya", but I knew that the manga went past where the anime left off, so I wanted to collect it anyways. But this past week, reading v2 and v3. There are many more differences in the manga from the anime. xd
In v3 you seem to notice that Shigure's character is quite darker than the anime's Shigure. Quite interesting. I'm looking foward to reading more. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:31 pm
Both are pretty good. But I'm only saying that now becuase i haven't read the entire series (I would have 'cept I don't have a credit card and I can't read kanji).
The anime ephasizes on when Tohru's friends came to stay the night (and a few other things). I loved that episode (probably one of my favorites).
The main problem I have with the anime, is the ending. It just kinda leaves you hanging (but from what I've heard, the anime is just based of the first 8 volumes).  

Nashen

Tobias Mule

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:29 am
Well, Neko, you might not like Shiguire in the manga much... sweatdrop I'm not going to say why though, it's just something that my boyfriend told me he had found out. I really like the manga too. Goes much further than the anime. I can hardly wait for volume 5 to come out. That's when we'll met Kisa, she is so kawaii!! whee  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:36 am
Mika Relie
Well, Neko, you might not like Shiguire in the manga much... sweatdrop I'm not going to say why though, it's just something that my boyfriend told me he had found out. I really like the manga too. Goes much further than the anime. I can hardly wait for volume 5 to come out. That's when we'll met Kisa, she is so kawaii!! whee

=___=
Something is off with Shigure...I'm not liking it. ;_; YAY! Kisa-chan! I lurve her because not only am I the year of the tiger, but she's so damn cute! Wai! blaugh
Nashen, I agree with you, that in the anime they focus on a certain event more than it's focused on in the manga. Like you said, when Uo-chan and Hana-chan came over to visit, that was really a big deal in the anime, but so much in the manga.
I gave in and bought v4 yesterday and the little bit I got to read yesterday had me rotfling. The part where Kyo and Tohru are in the hall and Tohru sees Momiji coming (in the girls' uniform) and:

Tohru: Momiji-ku-
Freaked out Kyo:ARE YOU RETARDED?!?

Hehehehehhe...I love Momiji-kun!!! heart  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

Nashen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:12 pm
Yeah I've noticed that Shigure seems to be a little more sneaky (sinister is probably a better word) in the manga. It kinda bugs me a little since I he's my favorite character in the anime. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:09 am
I've never read the manga but I LUVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV the anime biggrin  

Misaki_Chii54
Crew

Tobias Mule

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:08 am
True, Nashen, but he may have good intentions at heart...if we cn only see them...
I love Momiji too. whee He is so awesome and cute! And in the manga he speaks German; I don't think he does in the anime.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:15 am
Mika Relie
True, Nashen, but he may have good intentions at heart...if we cn only see them...
I love Momiji too. whee He is so awesome and cute! And in the manga he speaks German; I don't think he does in the anime.

He may have once or twice, because I remember that he was raised in Germany, and I didn't get that info from the manga. His being raised in Germany explains his clothing style. 3nodding  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:16 am
Misaki_Chii
I've never read the manga but I LUVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV the anime biggrin

Aww! Chii-chan should read the manga, yes, she should! 3nodding Especially if you loved the anime that much. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:37 pm
Mika Relie
I heard that there are 14 books... i know that in japan there's 14 out...  

little wolf blossom

lizstar

7,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:28 am
Well....I haven't read the manga yet, but I really loved the anime. I thought it was very good....though I wanted it to continue. I supposed I should read the manga in order to get the full story, but right now I don't have any money and I have no idea where to go and get manga.... England doesn't seem to have a big interest in Japanese comics...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:03 pm
lizstar
Well....I haven't read the manga yet, but I really loved the anime. I thought it was very good....though I wanted it to continue. I supposed I should read the manga in order to get the full story, but right now I don't have any money and I have no idea where to go and get manga.... England doesn't seem to have a big interest in Japanese comics...

Buy online if you can't get it over there. 3nodding  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:28 pm
KYO-KUN SUKI SUKI WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:31 pm
Yay a Furuba thread^^" I have yet to see the anime, though it is on me list. The manga I really enjoy though!! Hopefully we will be able to have many conversations about it and everything, I would really like to compare the manga to the anime if I ever get the chance ><  

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Ankoku_Ryuu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:17 pm
I LOVE FURUBA!!!!!!! I've seen all of the anime and read all the manga's that are in the U.S. (and some spoilers from the internet 3nodding ) Its probibly my fav. anime/manga of any that I've seen before.
I love Shigure's evil-ness in the manga. its so cool!!!!  
TokyoPop Manga Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff