Most Ridiculous Goth Descriptions... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:04 am
Okay, so, it can be said pretty easily that there is no unified definition for "goth". No two goths seem to agree on the exact boundaries, however, most of the definitions overlap. Every so often, I'll hear people bring up "goth" in conversation, and I'll hear what everyone thinks. You'll hear the typical "goths are people who worship satan" and whatnot, but have you ever heard a truly wierd definition? Something that's just completely out there?

The wierdest I've ever heard was something I overheard on a bus. The person talking was absolutely convinced of his definition, which went something like this: "Goth doesn't actually exist. The media just made up the whole thing a few years ago so they could have a catch phrase." Plausible, I suppose, been then it started getting wierder... "Yeah, the station who invented it got a huge budget from the government to make up a fake subculture and pay people to dress and act like it. The media claims that the culture has been around for like 30 years, but they actually just made it up in 1998."

Pretty odd.

So, share what you've heard from other people about goth. Wierd opinions, defintions, etc.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:11 am
The weirdest thing [ which really isin't, in my opinion ] that i've heard about goths is that it's a 'bad path to go down in life' [ from someone in church Dx ]

I honestly don't think it is, but hey. Whatever floats your ******** boat. I think it's good because you can get in touch with yourself and meet other people similar to you.

I've also heard that the 'goth' subculture doesn't exist, and that the government made it up. I personally don't believe that slander.

[ Die Katze ]

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:15 am
GilAskan
Okay, so, it can be said pretty easily that there is no unified definition for "goth". No two goths seem to agree on the exact boundaries, however, most of the definitions overlap. Every so often, I'll hear people bring up "goth" in conversation, and I'll hear what everyone thinks. You'll hear the typical "goths are people who worship satan" and whatnot, but have you ever heard a truly wierd definition? Something that's just completely out there?

The wierdest I've ever heard was something I overheard on a bus. The person talking was absolutely convinced of his definition, which went something like this: "Goth doesn't actually exist. The media just made up the whole thing a few years ago so they could have a catch phrase." Plausible, I suppose, been then it started getting wierder... "Yeah, the station who invented it got a huge budget from the government to make up a fake subculture and pay people to dress and act like it. The media claims that the culture has been around for like 30 years, but they actually just made it up in 1998."

Pretty odd.

So, share what you've heard from other people about goth. Wierd opinions, defintions, etc.

rofl That is most likely one of the more amusing things I've read in a while. Wow, some people will believe the government capable of a lot more than they really are, won't they? lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:16 am
Wow.

MortSanglant

donte demon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:26 am
that we like count chocula.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:38 pm
donte demon
that we like count chocula.

rolleyes ftw

I heard somebody once discribe it as:

"guh-aw-t, you know, those weird kids that like good charlotte and that clown rapper group"
"Insane clown posse?"
"cha, Man, apparently fags in makeup is totally guh aw th"

stressed  

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Illuminee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:01 pm
"Goth is just another way of saying no to many things in life and treating everyone like lower-class servants of the dead."

Weird? I heard that while walking in the mall.

D=

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:06 pm
Actual convo I overheard at the mall:
"What is with these Goth kids? Theyre so depressing."
"Oh please. Theyre a bunch of wannabe necromancers."
"Necromancers? You serious?"
"Yea. They think actinglike theyre dead gives them the power to raise the dead. Losers."
"Youre shitten me."
"Nope. Dead serious." (insert obnoxious laughter here interuppted by the approach of a fully dressed out goth kid. [moi])
so needless to say, the two of them stopped dead, and turned pale at the blank look i gave both of them. My friends played along and just eased me away gently saying "Cmon, its ok." "No more victims today, ok? No more victims." stare

Grave Revelations

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:14 pm
"They believe if they act dead enough while alive they'll be too close to dead to die. They think it'll make them become all undead and stuff. They'll be immortal like those vampires they all love so much."

That came from some random person I overheard at a school I once went to.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:34 pm
"Isn't goth the religion of worshipping the devil?" my friend Andy said that...  

Nazo no Kanjojin

OverlordMMM

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:02 pm
groups of people who form cults to sacrifice lambs in the dead of night to satan in abandoned places that are exclusive......heh...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:33 am
OverlordMMM
groups of people who form cults to sacrifice lambs in the dead of night to satan in abandoned places that are exclusive......heh...
rofl O.M.G!!!! THAT KILLED ME!  

Nazo no Kanjojin

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:14 am
GilAskan

Pretty odd.

. . . . . . *snorts*........*starts to hyperventilate from laughing so much* rofl rofl That's the best thing I've heard all day. Man, I need to tell some people that they've been brainwahsed by the Americans to act goth for over 10 xd

I'm really sorry to say this because most of the contingent of people on here is American, but to find the most hilarious examples of stupidity America beats everywhere else hands down. Just a pity for the percantage of people that are intelligent that have to put up with the opinion the stupid are creating....  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:59 am
I had people asking me all the usual stuff, but some kid asked me if was going to kill him because he hated rock.

o_O;

+Horror.in.Wonderland+

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:21 pm
+Horror.In.Wonderland+
I had people asking me all the usual stuff, but some kid asked me if was going to kill him because he hated rock.

o_O;

People have mentioned things like that to me, like "Do you want to kill yourself?" or "Are you planning on going on a killing-spree or something?".  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff