Submit

Which one?
  Moon
  Spell
  Unsure as of yet.
View Results

Guitarhero356

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:36 pm

Ok, so I was trying my first spell a few days a go so I figured that I would request the help finding someone from Venus since i'd been to that realm and I already get along well enough with someone else who frequents the 4th level of heaven and the realm of Venus. All went well and I instincitually knew that the magic worked, but I think something went wrong.

Ok, so due to the positioning of the moon I've been feeling a little bit depressed. I found out it's affecting a friend of mine as well, you may know wings of aegis on here actually some of you might. But onto the spell.

I used a few hand motions to draw energy into a red candle if I remember right and I said a simple chant in my head. "I ask the divine beings and denizens of Venus to send me someone to love physically emmotionally and spiritually" I said it a few times then lit the candle.

About a half hour later I just knew it had worked because I felt it. I saw spirits by the candle and everything and even got some gifts in return such as a bucnh of magical energy which I used up and then realized what it was that allowed me to draw energy like I was. xd

But here is where I think the spell/prayer went wrong. Everytime I am around a woman slightly attractive I just feel a growing emptyness inside of me, it gets worse every time I am around an atrractive woman. So I can't help but wonder if this is the moons position although it sounds more like the spell went wrong somewhere. but if the spelll went wrong then why did I get the gifts? Any answers are greatly appreciated.

So was it the moon or the spell?
And where do you go around here to learn new spells?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:11 am

Love spells are always messy, and something that need to be worded/ performed in a precise way before they're going to work, in my experience, and they're never worth the hassel. In the end, you end up with a lover who doesn't know when the relationship is over and it's hurt feelings all around.

Now, let's address the influence of the moon on your spell, first. I've always seen it recomended that love spells, or any spell that you're casting to draw something to you, should be done while the moon is waxing full, so how long ago did you try your spell? You might also look to Venus's influence as well; her day of the week is typically Friday, and her time of day is early in the morning. Timing a spell has a lot more involved than just the moon.

Now, for the spell itself... I'm not really in any position to judge whether it's worked or failed, but I will ask whether the spiritual gifts you believe you received may have simply been energies raised to go towards the spell? And where you say you "used it up", did you use it towards your goal, or simple make use of it for other things? That may also be a factor in the apparent backfire.

As for your side effects, Venus may be trying to send you a message along the lines of "You're not ready." Self love is the first step towards being able to fully love another, and maybe she's suggesting you've got some things to work on before you're going to meet someone.

Just becareful about the sticky side of love spells.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Guitarhero356

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:54 am

Gypsy Blue
Love spells are always messy, and something that need to be worded/ performed in a precise way before they're going to work, in my experience, and they're never worth the hassel. In the end, you end up with a lover who doesn't know when the relationship is over and it's hurt feelings all around.

Now, let's address the influence of the moon on your spell, first. I've always seen it recomended that love spells, or any spell that you're casting to draw something to you, should be done while the moon is waxing full, so how long ago did you try your spell? You might also look to Venus's influence as well; her day of the week is typically Friday, and her time of day is early in the morning. Timing a spell has a lot more involved than just the moon.

Now, for the spell itself... I'm not really in any position to judge whether it's worked or failed, but I will ask whether the spiritual gifts you believe you received may have simply been energies raised to go towards the spell? And where you say you "used it up", did you use it towards your goal, or simple make use of it for other things? That may also be a factor in the apparent backfire.

As for your side effects, Venus may be trying to send you a message along the lines of "You're not ready." Self love is the first step towards being able to fully love another, and maybe she's suggesting you've got some things to work on before you're going to meet someone.

Just becareful about the sticky side of love spells.
Aym there we go, I see what I did wrong then. Righto.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:00 am

Also how well are you on you up candle magic? Sometimes it can be alot more complicated then what it seems. At least in my expierence(though I like to work mostly with green magic, so). Blue I believe is right about Venus trying to send you a message. I would just wait and walk your path before you seek someone to journey with.

iBoyWonder

Liberal Elder

Guitarhero356

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:05 am

azreal425
Also how well are you on you up candle magic? Sometimes it can be alot more complicated then what it seems. At least in my expierence(though I like to work mostly with green magic, so). Blue I believe is right about Venus trying to send you a message. I would just wait and walk your path before you seek someone to journey with.
Welll i'll be the frist to admit I dind't completely know what I was doing. But I really wanted to see if I could work everything out on my own. Yeah, according to thee julia I misused the energy as well.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:31 pm

One things for sure I noticed, my sex drive has been increasing more and more, but not really in the I just wanna get laid way, y'know? I vet Venus has something to do with that.

Guitarhero356

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:37 pm

Guitarhero356
One things for sure I noticed, my sex drive has been increasing more and more, but not really in the I just wanna get laid way, y'know? I vet Venus has something to do with that.

Considering that she's a goddess of lust more so than love, it's possible. But I'd suggest looking more into mundane causes rather than jumping directly to a spiritual source.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:28 pm

Gypsy Blue
Guitarhero356

Considering that she's a goddess of lust more so than love, it's possible. But I'd suggest looking more into mundane causes rather than jumping directly to a spiritual source.
Well, it's possible, it could be her, more likely though I think it's Julia ******** around with my energy to make me horny.

Guitarhero356

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:25 pm

lol Make up your mind! blaugh You're all over the place on this, hun.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:19 am

I figured it out. I was just away from my domain for too long, my home. I was visiting with my mom and i'd been there for about a week. As soon as I was getting ready to leave I saw those weird purple sparkle things floating around which I suspect is a belssing or well wishing from venus but have not gotten that confirmed as of yet. I'm alrgith now, but now I got to figure out why just homebodyness affected me that way. I suspect my room mate Scott of casting a spell to make me hurry up and go home. I mean, the guy is a voodoo preist, he has the knowledge to do that and much more dangerous stuff. But all is well now.

Guitarhero356

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:54 am

Guitarhero356
I figured it out. I was just away from my domain for too long, my home. I was visiting with my mom and i'd been there for about a week. As soon as I was getting ready to leave I saw those weird purple sparkle things floating around which I suspect is a belssing or well wishing from venus but have not gotten that confirmed as of yet. I'm alrgith now, but now I got to figure out why just homebodyness affected me that way. I suspect my room mate Scott of casting a spell to make me hurry up and go home. I mean, the guy is a voodoo preist, he has the knowledge to do that and much more dangerous stuff. But all is well now.

Don't be so quick to jump to conlusions; purple isn't really one of Venus's colours, and the "sparkly things" can just be a trick of the light. If it was a blessing or a wish of some sort, you'd know; I can't speak for Venus, but I know RHiannon and CuChulainn make it very clear when they're blessing or trying to get my attention, and it's usually in a tangable, useful sort of way, not just something pretty.

And don't jusmp to conclusions about your room mate, either. So what if he's a voodoo priest? Unless he needs you home and had no other way of communicating with you, it would be a waste of his time and energy to cast such a spell. A far more liekly cause is that you just wanted tog et back to your own space; happens to me all the time when I'm staying with my folks and am away from my house. It has everything to do with wanting to be back in my own space, and absolutely nothing to do with gods or spells.

Sit and really think about what's going on; you've flip-flopped so much over the past couple of days, I'm really starting to wonder if maybe you shouldn't be doing more work on studying rather than practicing right now. No offence intended, but you really need to be able to read the signs, and read them accurately, when you're working any form of magic.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:11 pm

Gypsy Blue
Guitarhero356

Don't be so quick to jump to conlusions; purple isn't really one of Venus's colours, and the "sparkly things" can just be a trick of the light. If it was a blessing or a wish of some sort, you'd know; I can't speak for Venus, but I know RHiannon and CuChulainn make it very clear when they're blessing or trying to get my attention, and it's usually in a tangable, useful sort of way, not just something pretty.

And don't jusmp to conclusions about your room mate, either. So what if he's a voodoo priest? Unless he needs you home and had no other way of communicating with you, it would be a waste of his time and energy to cast such a spell. A far more liekly cause is that you just wanted tog et back to your own space; happens to me all the time when I'm staying with my folks and am away from my house. It has everything to do with wanting to be back in my own space, and absolutely nothing to do with gods or spells.

Sit and really think about what's going on; you've flip-flopped so much over the past couple of days, I'm really starting to wonder if maybe you shouldn't be doing more work on studying rather than practicing right now. No offence intended, but you really need to be able to read the signs, and read them accurately, when you're working any form of magic.
I know, I need more memory and focus. I realize that as a weakness of mine. Got any spells to help out there?

Guitarhero356

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:43 am

I think you need a bit more than just memory and focus, and no I don't have spells, nor would I recomend one for you at this point. Do it the old fashioned way and actually work at it instead of trying to use a magical cure-all.

How long have you been studying/practicing, if you don't mind my asking? And what are you practicing?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:10 pm

Gypsy Blue
I think you need a bit more than just memory and focus, and no I don't have spells, nor would I recomend one for you at this point. Do it the old fashioned way and actually work at it instead of trying to use a magical cure-all.

How long have you been studying/practicing, if you don't mind my asking? And what are you practicing?
Whatever I can really. I mean, I figured out everything that happened and why and it was nothing bad or anything. And, actually, that was my first try at anything of the sort and surprisingly it worked, I have noticed a steady increase of people smiliing at me and what not, guys and girls on top of that. So it worked, just not how I thought it would. I am extremely new with anything magical by nature, though i'm a quick learner at times. As for looking for a reference, I know it;s not gonna be a cure all, but it would help to have a little help from beyond, meh, oh well, as for all the other feeling I got I have had a rather hectic week and it's still sorta rough since I might lose my place. But it's nothing I can't handle. I gotta stop focusing on so many things at once, it confuses me.

Guitarhero356

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:57 am

Being able to focus is going to be a definate beifit, especially so you can figure out what you're practicing; it's all well and good to try a little bit of everything, but you need to narrow it down if you're going to be good at it, and so you can understand and become familiar with what you're doing. Try and take a few steps back and learn your fundamentals before you try any more magic; get some books and do some reading, and before you can do that, you need to figure out (roughly) what it is you're looking to practice.
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff