Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 65: Picture Palace- an Art Explosion
My art.... constructive crit, anyone? (horse and anime pic) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this good?
  They're both great!
  ... nyeh.
  you call that... art?
  PURPLEMUSHROOMS!
View Results

mangosteen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:22 pm
Lol, well I admit I am not a particularly good artist, but here goes. ^_^

This is something I just recently did, this is it while I started to clean it up but not quite. I'm going to try and color it sometime soon, although I don't know when I'll be able to find the time...

Click Linkie

Here's a horsie I drew! I'm so proud of iet!

User Image

biiiigger picture of horise

and yeah, that's all I think are good enough to be seen by the general public at the moment. Please comment and say what you think!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:13 pm
... I guess not?  

mangosteen

Narishia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:43 pm
I love the pic of the girl. Tis very nice. I wish i could draw like that!
And also the horse looks ver realistic and you've made it look awesome.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:15 am
Narishia
Yep! But the horse, I don't like how it's standing up, cause it makes it alittle less unrealistic, but though it's pretty good! ^^  

Remotely Painful

mangosteen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:00 pm
Remotely Painful
Narishia
Yep! But the horse, I don't like how it's standing up, cause it makes it alittle less unrealistic, but though it's pretty good! ^^
the picture i based it off of did look like that; that horse has the highest rear i have ever seen. But yes, it does look unrealistic.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:34 pm
I kind of liked it, I think to make it look more realistic for your horse, is that its just the horse. It look out of context but yes a horse can buck that far back. Try adding in some more things in another picture of that and maybe it wont look so odd.

Very well done rendering if you ask me.  

NeoSpawn

Burning Peasant Head

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:15 pm
They're both really good. The horse is very realistic. You're a much better artist than me. ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:02 am
You're Anime one needs a bit of fine tuning but is other wise good. Your horse is excelent. Very well done! 3nodding  

DoktorJackal

Lonely Phantom

11,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100

Wesa Ada

Chatty Fatcat

8,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:25 am
Your art is excellent. biggrin
Love the horse muchly! heart
I can't draw animals for beans.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:28 pm
i really like your style on the girl and the horse is wonderful. I always have trouble with the horsie's back legs ><  

Argon Rose

Raz_Aquato

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:37 pm
The horse is very well done~I love the way you shaded all of the muscles and such, very very nice.

The anime style piece has a very interesting pose, I love the placement of the hands and the feet look great. Anime style art is sort of hard to critique since everyone has their own style, but there's a few little things I believe you could tweak slightly to make it look more anatomically correct.

The shape of the face is excellent, but the eyes are a little bit too far apart. If you moved the eye on the right just a tad bit closed to the nose that would make a very big difference. The line of the neck is also a little too far back, if you start the line at the base of the chin and make it about half as long that should do the trick. On the left leg you could add more folds to the area around the ankle, which will better display your awesome pose.

The arms look great, and I love the way you drew the hair. The foreshortening on the knee and such on the right leg look excellent as well. Both of these pieces are very, very nice, you have a great style heart
I hope that helps! whee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:05 pm
the girl is wonderful.
very disney xd

now, the horse is great....but it looks a little off balance....like you could poke it and it would fall over backwards....
maybe the way to put it (at the risk of sounding phalic) is that the horse is too erect?
yes.

loverly job tho anywho. sweatdrop  

Kae Jin Mae

meowmistress

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:11 am
Wow! These are really great! You're very talented. The horse looks awesome!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:38 pm
I love your art it is very good and you are very talented. I'd love to see more of your work!  

shaunessy

65: Picture Palace- an Art Explosion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces