Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Have you ever noticed that.... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:28 am
If you look at some of these gothic clothing sites, most of the women's clothing is very revieling? It kinda bugs me....  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:37 am
lola_siannodel
If you look at some of these gothic clothing sites, most of the women's clothing is very revieling? It kinda bugs me....

i've noticed that (oh, by the way i'm a girl with a guy avi, i'm miturn too, actually)  

m. schiste13

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:37 am
Sadly it seems to be a common ploy in marketing of any type of clothing really to find someone who looks very sexy and use them to try to sell that image to others. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that it's good marketing really.

Who is going to honestly want to buy something if the person wearing it not only looks miserable but frumpy and unappealing as well? If you think that clothing can help you look a little bit more appealing, you are more likely to buy it, but if you find the model to be unappealing than that company is more likely to have less sales of that particular item. That is why most stores will do their best to play it up to their clients and customers in order to get the best sales possible.

In the end it comes down to the bottom line really. If a site or store wants to make money they do everything in their power to make people WANT to buy their products.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:47 am
i've noticed... stare anyone know where you can get a trench coat in north hollywood?  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Illuminee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:13 am
I wear guy clothes.
Extra large and they hang over me.
But, who cares.
Lolol. =D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:44 am
Keep in mind alot of women's clothes are designed by men. And some men are very perverted.  

Angel Bruja

Celria

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:12 pm
Well, anyone can discard this opinion if they want to, but to me the gothic look (especially for women) is all about sensuality. I mean vampires were meant to be a metaphore for sex, and to me, alot of gothic imagery is about sex and sensuality, and so, to have clothing of that nature feels natural to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:34 pm
I don't know if many people share my ideas, but let's say I see two (women/girls in this case) on town. One looks like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The other one is dressed like this:

I'd find the fist one eons more attractive. Why?
Because she comes on with dignity, while the other one is more sort of "The dog ate my clothes, so I figured What the hell!"

Anyone see my point?  

Athiel

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:42 pm
Athiel
I don't know if many people share my ideas, but let's say I see two (women/girls in this case) on town. One looks like this:

Because she comes on with dignity, while the other one is more sort of "The dog ate my clothes, so I figured What the hell!"

Anyone see my point?

the first one looks like she has more dignity, you're right......
the second one just looks like "i only had enough money for half a shirt"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:05 pm
Yes, the first girl is much more beautiful to me. When I said goth to me was about sensuality, that first pic is closer to what I meant.  

Celria

BlairyFairy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:09 pm
lola_siannodel
Yes, but you can get a lot of "gothic" clothes that aren't revealing at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:22 pm
To me both are the same....but it would all come down to personality...not clothing......that is for the person wearing them to decide......

as for clothes...lets start something right here...

put sketches of ideas here and others can create them....  

OverlordMMM

]sarcasm[

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:32 pm
I wear guys clothes or baggy-ish clothes. Not revealing at all. But I have noticed that a lot of the clothes are revealing, which is why I don't wear them.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:34 pm
i kno, i don't like reveiling clothes.  

washer5

Plan-Galere

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:02 pm
miturn
Athiel

Anyone see my point?

the first one looks like she has more dignity, you're right......
the second one just looks like "i only had enough money for half a shirt"

Neither are very attractive.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas