Submit

Do you think Harry will die?
  Yes, he'll die for sacrifice
  No, because Rowling isn't cruel.
  No, because...Just because.
View Results

~rubyblue~

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:40 am
I recently saw Pirates of the Caribbean 2, Dead Man's Chest, and I was totally shocked by the ending. (LEAVE NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE-MAJOR SPOILER!) I was SURE he would find a way out or something. (And the whole kiss thing at the end? Completely confused by that...It looked real...) Well there's always been the question of whether Harry will die or not. I've always thought 'Surely Rowling wouldn't kill off her hero...', but now after seeing Pirates, I'm starting to think it's possible. *tear*

So, Ron=Will, Hermione=Elizabeth, and Harry=Captain Jack. I know the personalities REALLY don't match, but Harry may have to die WITH Voldemort in order to save his friends, like Jack had to go down with his ship to save his friends (although he didn't do it voluntarily...) because the Squid thing wanted him only.

Now, if my, and alot of other people's theories are correct, it'll be a bit different from Pirates--Hermione won't MAKE Harry die, he'll do it on his own will, and Hermione might give Harry a goodbye kiss (at least!) but still be in love with Ron.

What do you think?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:13 pm
~rubyblue~
I recently saw Pirates of the Caribbean 2, Dead Man's Chest, and I was totally shocked by the ending. (LEAVE NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE-MAJOR SPOILER!) I was SURE he would find a way out or something. (And the whole kiss thing at the end? Completely confused by that...It looked real...) Well there's always been the question of whether Harry will die or not. I've always thought 'Surely Rowling wouldn't kill off her hero...', but now after seeing Pirates, I'm starting to think it's possible. *tear*

So, Ron=Will, Hermione=Elizabeth, and Harry=Captain Jack. I know the personalities REALLY don't match, but Harry may have to die WITH Voldemort in order to save his friends, like Jack had to go down with his ship to save his friends (although he didn't do it voluntarily...) because the Squid thing wanted him only.

Now, if my, and alot of other people's theories are correct, it'll be a bit different from Pirates--Hermione won't MAKE Harry die, he'll do it on his own will, and Hermione might give Harry a goodbye kiss (at least!) but still be in love with Ron.

What do you think?

yah the ending grossed me out but hopefully ur theory is correct.i have one titled "Can Dumbledore Come Back??" you should read it and anyone else whos reading this  

guy_lover_450

morbid_beauty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:15 pm
Ah...no. stare Coincidences perhaps. The kiss in PotC between Elizabeht and Sparrow was cute... 3nodding Jack could've jumped off the ship but decided to face the octopus thing...(can't spell the name of the name of the monster). And also, Jack Sparrow, excuse me....Cpt. Jack Sparrow will be brought back to life...so it's not exactly a goodbye after all... biggrin Hooray!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:39 am
there is no way that Captain Jack Sparrow is dead for good. They wouldn't kill off the main character. Harry Potter, well thats another story.  

Lessien_Telemnar

Kermi

Hygienic Consumer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:18 pm
They're already is post production for PotC3, Captain Jack will return. Book 7 is the final installment of Harry Potter. The comparison can't really be drawn - but there are plenty of other literary examples where the hero dies at the end.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:50 am
I kind of find it hard to compare Pirates with Harry Potter but I suppose a few comparisons could be made. But you can't really compare Harry to Jack because they're going to bring Jack back. Unlike Harry, if Harry dies he'll be dead for sure. Also Rowling said that she was going to create an ending that would insure that people couldn't make there own sequels. One of the only ways to do that is to kill off the main character. So Harry will probably die unlike Jack but I wouldn't be surprise if Hermione gave Harry a goodbye kiss.  

covo

Aari-chan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:53 pm
Hmm.... I've seen Pirates twice now (Yes, I know it's been out for less than a week. Leave me alone!) and I can slightly see where you got that. But the same could be said about plenty of movies where the character died "going down with the ship" (Figuratively and literally)

It's an interest way to look at Harry's (possible) death.

Long live CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:48 pm
It may not happen that way, but I wouldn't put it past JK to kill Harry off.

~rubyblue~
I recently saw Pirates of the Caribbean 2, Dead Man's Chest, and I was totally shocked by the ending. (LEAVE NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE-MAJOR SPOILER!) I was SURE he would find a way out or something. (And the whole kiss thing at the end? Completely confused by that...It looked real...)

Don't you get it? Miss Swan is a Siren! (Siren's seduce sailors to their deaths.)  

TheWitchGotRobin

WinchesterFan

5,050 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:10 am
bounty_hunter_bk
It may not happen that way, but I wouldn't put it past JK to kill Harry off.

~rubyblue~
I recently saw Pirates of the Caribbean 2, Dead Man's Chest, and I was totally shocked by the ending. (LEAVE NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE-MAJOR SPOILER!) I was SURE he would find a way out or something. (And the whole kiss thing at the end? Completely confused by that...It looked real...)

Don't you get it? Miss Swan is a Siren! (Siren's seduce sailors to their deaths.)

I know...she kinda annoyed me with that...one of my friends and I saw it and I was like, "MAKE UP YOUR FRICKING MIND!!!!" But, back 2 the topic. I wouldn't put it past JK to kill off Harry, but, at least, if he does die, he'll be with Sirius and his parents.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:07 pm
Aari-chan
Hmm.... I've seen Pirates twice now (Yes, I know it's been out for less than a week. Leave me alone!)

I saw it it twice on opening day and the first show I went to was a midnight show. xd  

covo

Aari-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:15 pm
covo
Aari-chan
Hmm.... I've seen Pirates twice now (Yes, I know it's been out for less than a week. Leave me alone!)

I saw it it twice on opening day and the first show I went to was a midnight show. xd
I went to the midnight showing, too! xd I probably would've seen it again that day, but we had to go camping (Bleagh!)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:07 pm
Could be... maybe dumbledore will come back from the dead just like the captain did!  

im2cool4skool

hellomandy

Friendly Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:19 pm
In an interview, which is posted on muglenet.com, Rowling said she's not the kind of author who would kill her main character. Also, it said that one of them must die. Harry dying would symbol the dawning of the Apolcolypse, aight?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:12 am
I saw Pirates last Thursday and I do see some similarities, but only a very few. As of now, I still haven't made up my mind as to whether or not Harry is going to die, but unlike Capt. Jack, he wouldn't be coming back.  

kitsunemajin90

sparky102

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:35 pm
harry is not going to die and jack can't either!!!!!!  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff