Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Human Race
  What do you think about?
View Results

Paperclip Cookies

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:35 pm
Alright, this has been on my mind alot...

What are people's opinions about the Human Race. For example: any theories of where we are from, Our relations with other animals, the beginning of our race, why we haven't evolved into anything else, etc.

The last opinion topic I mentioned, why haven't we evolved, has been the strongest of my curiosities for several days. I am just wondering what people think of this subject. I really am interested in what you guys have to say.

I am sorry to those that it may concern about the actually topic being extremely huge and not narrowing down in a smaller topic. I'm just too curious.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:48 pm
Well, doesn't it take a really really long time for one "species" to evolve into another? I wouldn't expect humans to evolve into anything else for... thousands of years, if not millions. I don't know scientifically how all that works, but I wouldn't have expected it to happen yet.
As for the other two questions, I don't know (nor do I really have an opinion) about those.  

PsychoDagger

Tiffadee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:29 pm
Isn't a sort of proven fact that we *could* have evolved from Chimps? [Or was it some other member of the primate family?] That answers all three of your first questions, doesn't it?

[Um, just a question, have you taken Biology yet? Your teacher should have explained this. XD]

As for evolution, Psycho is right. It takes millions of years to evolve [or thousands, I forget XD] We've only been in existance for a few thousand, it'll take a long time until we grow another toe or something.

-giggles at her retarded post-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:50 pm
Ok look. We did NOT evolve from chimps, we happen to share a common ancestor with them that's all. Humans as we know them now appeared 2 million years ago, we only spread about the globe in the last 10,000 years. There hasn't been enough time or envornmental changes for any obvious evolutionary changes within us. There may not be any major changes within humans anymore actually. Unlike animals who adapt to their environment, humans adapt the environment to them with technology.  

Phaeton

Angel of Music

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:43 pm
I don't think we evolved from anything or will. Like Phaeton said except I think Adam and Eve (from the bible) started this.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:13 pm
Phaeton
Ok look. We did NOT evolve from chimps, we happen to share a common ancestor with them that's all. Humans as we know them now appeared 2 million years ago, we only spread about the globe in the last 10,000 years. There hasn't been enough time or envornmental changes for any obvious evolutionary changes within us. There may not be any major changes within humans anymore actually. Unlike animals who adapt to their environment, humans adapt the environment to them with technology.

That's a 'THEORY' just like what I posted was. You don't have to seem so mean, you can defend your religious beliefs and not be rude.

Tiffadee

Phaeton

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:43 pm
Tiffadee
Phaeton

That's a 'THEORY' just like what I posted was. You don't have to seem so mean, you can defend your religious beliefs and not be rude.
How was that rude? confused  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:14 pm
Why humans haven't evolved into anything further:

We're stupid.

Plain. And. Simple. xd

Okay, seriously speaking, I'm not edumacated enough to know for sure why we haven't evolved into anything further than humans--but we ARE evolving. It's not noticeable now, but people are being born with extra fingers/toes/limbs and such. It IS a form of evolution. 3nodding

But where we'll go from there is still a mystery. As for theories, I have none when it comes to the human race.  

Taka Seiyaryu

Grimnir the Wicked one

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:37 am
Bluedragon1217

What are people's opinions about the Human Race. For example: any theories of where we are from, Our relations with other animals, the beginning of our race, why we haven't evolved into anything else, etc.

The last opinion topic I mentioned, why haven't we evolved, has been the strongest of my curiosities for several days. I am just wondering what people think of this subject. I really am interested in what you guys have to say.

I am sorry to those that it may concern about the actually topic being extremely huge and not narrowing down in a smaller topic. I'm just too curious.

Like those before me said, it takes at least a million years to evolve.
But, here is an interesting fact:

Between the years of 1600 and 1900, mankind got so much smarter faster- so fast that some scientists deem it to be abnormal for our state in the 1600's. Between that time and the late 1900's, we developed basic space travel, which should have taken us a longer time to master. So, we could evolve sooner than expected. We have been evolving, only it hasn't been in a physical state. It has been in a mental state. We have gotten more smarter over the years.
I think that our next evolution will open humans up to at least 20% more of our current brain capacity. Keep in mind that in our current state, we can use only 15% to 25% of our brain capacity, out of 100%.

As for the beginning of our race, I have many theories. Same goes for where we came from. But I think I have said enough.
If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:33 pm
I think the way humans can feel and do and think and everything good and bad is absolutely incredible.  

Sapphire720

Phaeton

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:19 pm
Sapphire720
I think the way humans can feel and do and think and everything good and bad is absolutely incredible.
I agree, after all humans are the only species on this planet that will willingly kill each other for personal gain.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:45 pm
Grimnir the Wicked one
Bluedragon1217

Like those before me said, it takes at least a million years to evolve.
But, here is an interesting fact:

Between the years of 1600 and 1900, mankind got so much smarter faster- so fast that some scientists deem it to be abnormal for our state in the 1600's. Between that time and the late 1900's, we developed basic space travel, which should have taken us a longer time to master. So, we could evolve sooner than expected. We have been evolving, only it hasn't been in a physical state. It has been in a mental state. We have gotten more smarter over the years.
I think that our next evolution will open humans up to at least 20% more of our current brain capacity. Keep in mind that in our current state, we can use only 15% to 25% of our brain capacity, out of 100%.

As for the beginning of our race, I have many theories. Same goes for where we came from. But I think I have said enough.
If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Just a little theory of my own to add:

Perhaps with a mental evolution, it'll encompass a physical one as well, just because our mental states have changed so much and both are connected.

I find evolution, at least from the theory of human beings originally being evolved from primates, to be farfetched. Mainly, because of my Christian beliefs I suppose. Though, I don't doubt the ability of some sort of evolution, mental or physical, could take place.

[Onigiri]

5,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Die_Katze

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:40 pm
Well for starters evolution doesn't happen in a day...or even a matter of years for that mattter it takes time and lots of it. thousands of years sometimes. I'd like to think we are evolving. We just do it differently than other species. We search for knowledge because we have no reason to evolve. I think evolution comes to the threatened. We have survived disease and become immune to them that's evolution on a cellular, but evolution none the less. When we are threatend we will evolve.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:43 pm
Phaeton
Basically, humans have no need to evolve because we can play God. Once something stops us from doing that, we'll have to adapt and evolution will slowly kick in. What we'll become then, I don't know.  

CainZeros

Literate Hell

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces