21%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 32

Damn Leprechauns

8,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:23 am
This is something that has been bothering me a lot. Personally I really dislike when you have to buy a bunch of letters to get the whole effect as they show in the donation item spotlight image. I think the first time they did this was with the Bone helm. I saw avs totally covered in bone, but when I tried to do this I couldn't because I only had ONE of them! CRAZY! Then they did the same with practically every donation item since then. Back in the old days I could just buy two letters and get one of each item, but now I guess I should get ten letters and five of each item. That's not even counting if you want to buy extras to sell later!

CRAZY!

Discuss.

WOAH THREE ITEMS  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:02 pm
Since the new items have so many different positions, the admins want to show you ALL of them, so you don't get confused after you buy. 3nodding
They aren't trying to trick you, it's just understood.
3nodding heart  

alhandra patchoulii

Ponjo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:31 pm
I don't pay for Gaia, so I can't really feel your pain.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:41 pm
Ponjo
I don't pay for Gaia, so I can't really feel your pain.

Same here. 3nodding

OAR IV

Eloquent Millionaire

capin_morgon

Dangerous Lover

12,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
First of all, $50 would get you 20 letters.. Second, you donr have to recreate that look compleatly. They only show it to you like that so you can get an idea of all the diffrent positions the item has to offer.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:58 pm
capin_morgon

That image is of very little relevance to this topic. domokun

capin_morgon
First of all, $50 would get you 20 letters..

Yes, I am dumb mrgreen

capin_morgon
Second, you donr have to recreate that look compleatly.

But what if I WANT to?

capin_morgon
They only show it to you like that so you can get an idea of all the diffrent positions the item has to offer.
Yes, for the first time they actually have a page to show all the different positions:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/store/donationinfo.php?mode=preview

This page went up a day after I started this topic. And I was absolutely BLOWN THE HELL AWAY when I saw that the veil has NINE poses, and the katana has ELEVEN! It is ridiculous, it is not even funny.  

Damn Leprechauns

8,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

capin_morgon

Dangerous Lover

12,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:04 pm

The image is just part of my codeing, Im sorry. I wasnt trying to call you dumb either, just pointing it out. sweatdrop

If you want to thats fine, everyone has their prefrences. WOW! I didnt relize, even with haveing both, thet they had THAT many poses...

Again, I wasnt tryin to sound rude or mean with my post, I just for some reason tend to come off that way...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:21 pm

I personally like that they give us choices of how to wear certain items. It makes more item combinations for new outfits.

-Putting headers and footers in EVERY post you make DOES NOT make you cool. It just shows you have no originality.

Devaney

Romantic Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Nappy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:52 pm
Devaney

I personally like that they give us choices of how to wear certain items. It makes more item combinations for new outfits.

-Putting headers and footers in EVERY post you make DOES NOT make you cool. It just shows you have no originality.

Agreed.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:53 pm
Nappy
Devaney

Agreed.
3nodding I also agree.  

[x~`Teh Fishy Boy`~x]

Damn Leprechauns

8,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:36 am
It just kind of bothers me. Have you seen the people wearing all different veil positions and nothing else? sweatdrop

So, nobody agrees with me?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:45 am
I can agree that wearing one whole bunh of the same i tend to limit myself, i like the veil alot >_<  

[x~`Teh Fishy Boy`~x]

Nappy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:39 pm
Well, that being said, I don't like it when people use the item in more than one position at the same time.
It's basically like using a set, only x10.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:24 am
I've only ever bought one donation item so I'm not sure if my opinion counts for much but if they didn't show people all the positions of the donation items there would be a lot more complaining.  

szulikk

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Violaceous Vertigo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:56 am
Look at it from the point of view of someone selling these letters. Are you going to make more money by giving only one or two positions to choose from for the item, or are you going to make more money by having 20 different positions to choose from.
It's not just about having pretty items, I think it's also about making a bit more money.
Also, if people want to wear nothing but veils, let them wear nothing but veils, it's their avatar. If, for some reason, the are so attacthed to covering themselves in one item I'll just give them a low rate (if they even ask for one) and let them be on their way.
I mean, whatev, right?

Memorable Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces