Reply FurrShadowed
Rant Topic Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jianre M

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:33 am
Have problems with my site or my comic? Or anything else you feel like sharing I'll lend an ear!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:16 pm
Rant? I rant about how it doesn't update soon enough!!!!

Oh, I need to go do some voting for the day... xd  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

Jianre M

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:53 am
Well just so you know:
I draw all of the comics by hand, they are inked on 9x12 paper, and it takes me between 4 and 8 hours to complete each page.
Combine that with 16 hours of Classes and 16+ hours of homework.
8 hours of Work.
4 hours of Club

and I have to work on Dectessence Chronicles (Varies) and at least one individual fully inked 8.5x11 per week (3-6 hours),... throw in 6-8 hours of sleep and I'm pretty booked.

That's 54+ to 60+ hours a week that I'm stocked, That's more than a full-time job!

And that is why I can only manage one page of FurrShadowed a week.

HOWEVER!! I'm thinking that if I can work up my fanbase enough to start getting donation support, and if I can get enough Donations that I make more through my website than I do working at In N' Out, I might take that on instead and start working on more pages and stuff.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:20 pm
why do i get the feeling youre trying to get us to donate?  

Cecil Helden
Crew

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:03 pm
Well, I'd better go start finding more people to be fans!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:02 pm
Not YOU Neccesarily

But I did link this Subforum directly to my website, and that is a future plan. I don't anticipate any donation type things until I have more pages up, and perhaps not until I've reached the top 100 list on topwebcomics.

I was just trying to put things in perspective for you so you understand where I'm coming from.

On another note: I'm thinking of posting some of my other comic Ideas,... I'm mostly just speculating on possible voting and donating incentives, tricky business that....
but I thought you might be interested in seeing them as well! I was hoping to get some feedback as to which I might work on as incentive if people want something like that for it.

I have a few in mind, and some I've been twiddling at in my spare time. A couple of them were written by someone else with the intention of me illustrating them. Like Furry1337Otaku's "PenStripes". I don't know when I'll have those ready, but I'll try to fiddle with them when I have time.  

Jianre M

Jianre M

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:36 pm
Alright here's a teaser of what I actually like to call my "Main" manga story, Dectessence Chronicles. I have alot more story and character development with this one, but I want to take this one straight to book form. But this teaser should show you why it takes me soo long.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:41 pm
Rant rant! I wish I could vote more than once a day!!! rantity rant!  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

Jianre M

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:26 pm
Same here...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:58 pm
I think once you have more pages up, trafic will pick up and therefore votes as well.  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

Jianre M

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:50 am
that's what I'm hoping anyways! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:55 pm
I want more time to work on art gonk Of course, said time would have to come after more time to keep up on my communications. ninja What...don't you people prefer to hear from me? *dodges rotten tomatoes*  

KiyaraSabel

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:21 pm
LOL, yes! I'm in an area with access to multiple wireless networks, meaning I can vote multiple times a day! *goes to switch connections again* Of course, this is the last day I'm in this area....  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:11 pm
Well, since I tend to find the site a bit difficult to not so much navigate as find out who is who on it (not the characters, but the authors), I'll suggest that you two directly link your dA pages to your bios. I honestly can't tell the two apart using the pics on said bios...It clears things up quite a bit to inter-link the two. And Furry doesn't link back to the site at all from her dA account. Interlinking both ways should increase traffic to both sites and it's much easier to comment on things on dA.

/Suggestion  

adarhysenthe

Jianre M

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:17 pm
thank you! actually we were also going to put mini 'avatars' or something for each 'author' so you would know who was speaking as well. But we will try to interlink more with DA too, that's a very good suggestion!  
FurrShadowed

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff