Patricia Briggs Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:35 pm
I just bought a couple books by her, after meaning to buy them since I read When Demons Walk and Moon Called, and I was wondering whether anyone else has read her books.

So far, I've read those two and Dragon Bones, which was so good. I should've gotten the other one, Dragon Blood, but I didn't know if I would like Dragon Bones. Moon Called is my favorite so far, and I really want to read the sequel when it comes out.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:22 pm
I was recommended Moon Called at Kelley Armstrong's forum, so I picked it up. I'm glad I did, its really good. I have to read it again one day. The sequal is called Blood Bound.

I haven't read any of Patricia Briggs' other stuff though. What's Dragon Bones about? O.o

Rabid Nozomi

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:16 pm
Yeah, I know, I can't wait until it comes out. I looked on her website and saw it.

Dragon Bones is about a 19 year old man who acts extrememly dull-witted and stupid so that his father doesn't think he's a threat to him and his title. If he didn't act like that, his father would kill him. Then, when his father dies, he has to find a way to prove that he's not stupid or insane and that he can rule Hurog. It's a good, light read, with a good amount of action. Dragon Blood has more planning and less fighting, and it's pretty good, although I think I liked Dragon Bones better. The ending to it worked, although it really shouldn't have. I hate endings like that, normally, but in this case I rather liked it. Dragon Blood's ending is fairly normal.

Raven's Shadow is also pretty good, as is Steal the Dragon, which I just read a couple days ago. When Demons Walk isn't bad, but it wasn't that great, either. At the moment, the only books by Patricia Briggs that I still need to read are The Hob's Bargain, which I haven't seen in any bookstore, Raven's Shadow, and Masques, which I've never seeen, either. But it's also a part of the seires that When Demons Walk and Steal the Dragon are in. The first one. Huh. I didn't even realize it was a series.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:55 pm
I just got Dragon Bones, and I can't wait to read it. XD  

Rabid Nozomi

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:41 pm
I love Brigg's work! Steal the Dragon and The Hob's Bargin are both great. Raven's Shadow is very, very good with an interesting take on magic. I can't wait till I get ahold of the sequal, Raven's Strike.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:00 pm
I still need to read The Hob's Bargain. One of these days I'll get it off Ebay or Amazon or something. Raven's Strike was good. I liked it better than the first one, actually. I forget why, but I did. I liked Steal the Dragon much better than When Demons Walk, although I'll admit that the main character in When Demons Walk was awesome (if only I could remember her name). I really want to read Masques, but it costs over $100 on Amazon, and the same on Ebay. I'll just have to wait until the re-release comes out in the next year or two. The first chapter of Blood Bound was so much fun to read. n.n I cna't wait until it comes out.

I'm in a typing sort of mood. n.n"  

NightIntent
Captain

Rabid Nozomi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:29 pm
Maze353
I love Brigg's work! Steal the Dragon and The Hob's Bargin are both great. Raven's Shadow is very, very good with an interesting take on magic. I can't wait till I get ahold of the sequal, Raven's Strike.
Is the Raven series just two books? I read somewhere it was a duology, but I can't remember.

I loved Dragon Bones, I want to find the second one.

Typing about books is fun.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:58 pm
Yeah, it's only the two Raven books. It ends really well, I don't think I'd have wanted it to go on if it did. Some authors make the mistake of continuing a series longer than it should go on, but Patricia Briggs doesn't, which is good.

Yes, typing about books is fun.  

NightIntent
Captain

Rabid Nozomi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:13 pm
NightIntent
Yeah, it's only the two Raven books. It ends really well, I don't think I'd have wanted it to go on if it did. Some authors make the mistake of continuing a series longer than it should go on, but Patricia Briggs doesn't, which is good.

Yes, typing about books is fun.
All right, thanks. Yeah, is is fun. XD

Out of all of her books, as hard as it is, which would be your absolute favorite?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:28 pm
I liked the first Mercy book best, I think, just beacuse the characters are awesome and Mercy's so sarcastic. Dragon Bones is my second, followed closely by Steal the Dragon.  

NightIntent
Captain

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:31 pm
A week and one day until Blood Bound comes out! Hooray! I can't wait.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:45 pm
Blood Bound was so good. I preferred Moon Called, I think, but it was still good. And I got The Hob's Bargain at Borders (it was out of print the last time I checked), and that was good, too. I prefer her more recent writing, but it was still good. Now I just have to read Masques and I'll have read all the books thatI know of by her. Not the short stories, I think, but the novels, at least.  

NightIntent
Captain

Bun-Chan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:42 pm
I LOVE PATRICIA BRIGGS!!! Okay major fan.
Anyway I read on her web site that maybe in the future *Who knows how far into the future* That she'll return to Dragon Bones and Dragon Blood. Really good series. Yeah i'm exicited. And in Janurary The sequel to blood bound is out. Yeah!!! Has any else read On The Prowl? It's an anothology I think they're called. Anyway she wrote a short story in there it's really good. It ties into the Moon Called Series.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:17 pm
I loved Alpha and Omega. She's starting a new series for it, scheduled to come out this summer, which makes me really happy as wel as impatient. And I really can't wait for Iron-Kissed. Apparently, Mercy finally decides who she's gonna be with, Sam or Adam. I want to know! Why can't it be January yet?!  

NightIntent
Captain

CastleAlyts

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:46 pm
I liked Dragons blood, haven't gotten the second one yet, mainly cause she is a pain to find in the bookstore.

Now Hobs bargain is my favorite one, I've reread the book half a dozen times now, its a fast read and neat story plot. got to love some of those love stories out there.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff