Submit

Hot Weather Getting you down?
  Yes
  Not really
View Results

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:28 pm
Since most of North America is experiencing a rather freakish heat wave, I was wondering how everyone in the guild is dealing with the 90+ F temperatures that are ravaging the nation.

Have you found yourself applying less/no makeup because it will simply melt off your face?

Have you had to debate between wearing shorts/carpies/skirts and exposing generally pale flesh to sunlight and sticking to your normal garb?

Have you wrestled with the idea of wearing lighter colors to reflect the rays of the sun?

What are some measures you've taken to try to stay cool during this rather hot time?

Have you found yourself drinking more fluids?

What problems have occured for you due to the weather?

General Discussion: How the hot weather has affected day to day life.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:56 pm
I live in southern Cali, where 100+ weather is normal. It's been insane this year; a few weeks ago it was 118. I usually wear shorts in summer, even though my legs are rather pale, but I swim often enough to solve the problem. As for makeup, heat has nothing to do with the question of application, just how lazy I am that morning. xd : As for colors, I wear whatever's in my closet.
Eating. I've been able to fill more quickly, and I'm eating more otter pops and frequenting JambaJuice, but Like I said, it's CA, I do that all year.

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:00 pm
Ahhh! I can't stand this heat. We only have one air conditioner in our three story house...So it doesnt do much.

Lately i have been wearing the same things i always do. Except yesterday...I got so hot i put on a pair of capris...I felt so wierd. o.0 Also i have been wearing alot more skirts lately (still with stockings of course).

I have found myself sticking my head in the freezer alot...Although that doesnt help much...Its horribly hot once you pull your head out. xd

The make-up matter....I havent been wearing much...Just a thin line of eyeliner wich is usually completely off within a hour.

Also i have been consuming tons and tons of ice cubes. Thank god for that ice maker on the fridge! xd  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:05 pm
I got a fair amount of hair for a guy, I own a black overcoat, so I wear black under it, not much difference. I stay inside buildings alot, as around her is like, the sticks.

My arms and face are already too tanned.  

Dorian Requiem

ronton-ritsuzen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:10 pm
lurichan
Since most of North America is experiencing a rather freakish heat wave, I was wondering how everyone in the guild is dealing with the 90+ F temperatures that are ravaging the nation.

Have you found yourself applying less/no makeup because it will simply melt off your face? [no, too insecure to not wear make-up]

Have you had to debate between wearing shorts/carpies/skirts and exposing generally pale flesh to sunlight and sticking to your normal garb?
[i stay inside most of the time]

Have you wrestled with the idea of wearing lighter colors to reflect the rays of the sun? [same answer as above]

What are some measures you've taken to try to stay cool during this rather hot time? [same answer as above]

Have you found yourself drinking more fluids?
[no, just the same amount of Dr. Pepper i always drink]
What problems have occured for you due to the weather?
[i don't go outside as much]
General Discussion: How the hot weather has affected day to day life.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:11 pm
Not much changed. I'm not dressing diferently.

I've found the bottom of the steps to my room (the attic) are really nice to sit on. They're usualy dark and cooler in temperature than other places in the house.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

TimelessAngel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:21 am
I normally take a cold shower when the heat gets to be unbearable.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:18 am
We have three air conditioners in the house and one of them is in my bedroom so i just keep it nice and chilly in my room. As far as clothing i'm not changing the way i dress but i've been avoiding long sleeves for the most part...but still wearing my regular clothes really.  

Teh_plague

Dangerous Loiterer

8,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

zabura_kakashi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:49 am
I Have central air. It comes standered in all uptodate Florida homes.As for makeup I realy dont wear any only when I go to clubs and partys wich is rare. .  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:06 am
I have been staying inside more often right next to my new lover.
The fan.
O.o thats my baby.
*hugs fan*
I hate clear skies and sunshine with a passion.  

AdrianaKitten

Shadow`s Enigma

Apocalyptic Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:51 am
This summer I stayed in all year. Well, more specifically, inside my room where I have a fan that keeps everything cool for me. And when I do go outside, I still dress in my black. Don't have to worry about makeup since I don't wear any. (Here, during the summertime, it's usual to see the temp. rise to 100F or so.)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:27 am
Generally, I just grab something out of my closet and put it on, regardless of the weather. Whatever it is. I just think, "Gah, it's too damn hot," and continue on being a sugar goth. (Especially true at Angie's house or in my boyfriend's bedroom.) I have been drinking more fluids, and I'm going to utilize my backyard pool today. I try to stay in the range of air conditioning whenever possible. I'm not wearing makeup, although I AM going to wear it for Otakon. In fact, most of my outfit for Otakon is black. But it's indoors and it's air-conditioned, thank God. 3nodding Speaking of which, if you're going to Otakon, please PM me or drop a comment on my profile! I'd love to see you there!!

As for "exposing generally pale flesh"... Unfortunately I tan really easily, and I can't find any SPF 50 sunscreen. gonk You think it's hot here, try being in the Caribbean sun for 4 hours. The sun is WAY stronger down there than around here where I live, which made it feel 20 times hotter to me. And of course, I don't have very much gothy clothing, no thanks to my parents. And if I tried wearing long pants in this weather, I'd kill meself.  

EvFaerAshlynn

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:38 am
I very much detest heat.

Greatly.

I haven't really found myself avoiding black or my longer skirts, etc... but it really sucks riding my bike to work now. I work at a funeral home as you all know, and I have to look nice since it is a business establishment; therefore, I don't want to wear my sneakers to work. I also don't want to ride to work in my sneakers and carry - along with my lunch, change of clothes, and occassionally, a book - my boots in my bookbag. So I ride in my boots. It probably looks funny, and it's as uncomfortable as all get out when I get to work to have sweat in mildly dripping amounts in my boots; but, to save on the amount of items I need to carry, I wear them anyway.

I haven't been playing DDR much though, which is greatly bumming me out - gotta keep my legs in shape using other methods than just biking!

I've found myself drinking a lot more water, not just due to the heat, but also due to the fact that I drink way too much pop. And, of course, that's not good for you.

Another reason I hate heat and summer so much is the fact that I have no appetite in the summer. If you look at it from a different angle, that could be good. I'm then not tempted to eat unneccessarily. But it's also bad because when mum asks me what I want for dinner, nothing ever sounds good. Everything sounds nasty to me in the summer. (Except steak) Also when dinner does come around I'm hungry, but I don't feel like eating.

I'm pretty much miserable in the summer. There are only so many things you can remove before you start becoming indecent.

I very much prefer the cold. Everything is perfect when it's cold.

I'll stop before I pine away.

::wonders if anyone will get the reference

::pines for winter::

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:50 am
.:: Is just waiting for winter to come ::.

Hmm... Heat, I don't get too bothered with. Though I do find myself sitting in my basement for the long hours of day, then go out to hunt friends down at night time when the sun isnt strong enough to melt your face off.

I am drinking more water.. but that's normal for me, considering I'm sitting around and theres not too much to do.

Cha.. This summer is a tad too warm for me. Minnesota is suppost to be cool.. >.>  

Choklit Teddi

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300

thebeebop

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:59 am
i stay inside for a good portion of the day, but still i feel like im mealting crying  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff