Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pirates Of The Caribbean, The Official Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply Welcome To The Deck Luv
What the kiss meant Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think "the kiss" meant?
  Nothing... Liz just wanted save the crew
  She did it to save the crew but she wanted to kiss him the whole movie
View Results

PiratePrincess2250

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:59 pm
Do the poll... i'm curious  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:20 pm
Come on people!!! There's so much contraversy over the issue. I wanna see what you guys think. Feel free to post as well and discuss why you chose what you did. I chose the second one because it was obvious! She flirted with him the whole movie, the compass pointed to him, she almost kissed him, and then she DID kiss him.  

PiratePrincess2250

hydroh
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:10 pm
Caribbean_Girl
Come on people!!! There's so much contraversy over the issue. I wanna see what you guys think. Feel free to post as well and discuss why you chose what you did. I chose the second one because it was obvious! She flirted with him the whole movie, the compass pointed to him, she almost kissed him, and then she DID kiss him.

I think that the compass only pointed to him because she was sitting on top of the treasure. And it was Jack who nearly kissed her, not to mention that whole conversation was kind of a little test. She knew Jack was into her so she just used it to her advantage. And of course, I think that she only kissed him to save the crew, again using his attraction to him to her advantage. C:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:28 pm
The kiss was a mere distraction.  

Chevaliers de Sangreal

fallout.boyy

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:12 am
Antag0ni5tic
The kiss was a mere distraction.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:05 am
I think she did it to save the crew, but she was also falling in love with him during the movie. Before, when they had the little chat, Jack almost kissed her because he would take advantage of it, like when she got drunk on the first one, and he would probably kiss any girl who'd be willing to xD  

Death_In_Black

Bleeding Art

Obsessive Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:51 pm
Shallow_Heart
I think she did it to save the crew, but she was also falling in love with him during the movie. Before, when they had the little chat, Jack almost kissed her because he would take advantage of it, like when she got drunk on the first one, and he would probably kiss any girl who'd be willing to xD

Correction, she was not falling in love with him. It was lust.

She loved Will, there is no denying that. But we can attest from the first movie she has an interest in pirates and the freedom of the open seas. Loving Will and marrying him means no having that freedom, but just being a regular wife.

Now Jack on the other hand, she isn't entirely fond of but he can give her the freedom she's wanted. So she begins to become attracted to him, however it isn't love. It's merely lust. But I don't think she can tell the difference and so it confused her. It also angered her that her heart could betray Will and in an act to prove to herself she didn't love Jack, she chained him to the ship. However, the kiss was merely a distraction and another way to finalize what was in her heart.

I've got a Jar of Dirt! And guess what's in it!
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:13 pm
i think it means that keira knightly gets to be possibly the envy of every female in the free world

*swoon*  

Ranger Kate

Aged Codger

WolfofMibu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:40 pm
Ranger Kate
i think it means that keira knightly gets to be possibly the envy of every female in the free world

*swoon*

too true..

@Utakan - thats deep..so deep that I neary broke my leg fallin into it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:23 pm
hahaaha i do too think Kiera has won the jealousy of just about every girl out there  

PiratePrincess2250

Kibo Botch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:22 pm
Caribbean_Girl
hahaaha i do too think Kiera has won the jealousy of just about every girl out there

All she really needs to do is kiss one more person, and I'll officially be able to call her a slut!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:29 pm
Quote:
All she really needs to do is kiss one more person, and I'll officially be able to call her a slut!

Call kiera a slut???? She's just acting. Its her job. Liz? Well just kissing people doesnt make you a slut but i guess back in those day maybe. Poor Liz... I like her character  

PiratePrincess2250

Kibo Botch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:32 pm
I'm talking about the character. Keira is just doing her job. Liz is doing something though scandalous in her time (well, I guess, you know, becoming a pirate, and all would be pretty scandalous too, considering she's the governor's daughter, but still!).  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:51 pm
Utakan
Shallow_Heart

Correction, she was not falling in love with him. It was lust.

She loved Will, there is no denying that. But we can attest from the first movie she has an interest in pirates and the freedom of the open seas. Loving Will and marrying him means no having that freedom, but just being a regular wife.

Now Jack on the other hand, she isn't entirely fond of but he can give her the freedom she's wanted. So she begins to become attracted to him, however it isn't love. It's merely lust. But I don't think she can tell the difference and so it confused her. It also angered her that her heart could betray Will and in an act to prove to herself she didn't love Jack, she chained him to the ship. However, the kiss was merely a distraction and another way to finalize what was in her heart.

I've got a Jar of Dirt! And guess what's in it!
User Image

Yeah, I guess after thinking about it, it was lust. As for it being a distraction, I guess we all have our opinion about it. Until the third movie comes out, I guess things will clear up a bit more.  

Death_In_Black

Welcome To The Deck Luv

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces