In The News... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:23 pm
I looked up from my reverie today at work to see in the news that there was a lockdown at an airport in London. Over 20 suspects in terrorist activities were taken into custody, and their plan of action was to use a flash camera and liquid explosives disguised as sports drink to try to blow up planes bound for the United States.

This morning travels were in for a rude awakening to find out that pretty much anything kept in a bottle is no longer allowed in their carry on baggage. No water, no shampoo, no mouth wash, nothing.

I am curious what other guild members feel about this particular development.

Link to an Article Here  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:30 pm
I live in the US and it makes me wonder how safe am I really and how safe is everyone else that lives here  

r a i n- C R U S H E D

Magnetic Werewolf

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:36 pm
GreatBuddha
I live in the US and it makes me wonder how safe am I really and how safe is everyone else that lives here

Safty has become quite the issue in the past 5 years or so. Every time they crack down on one potential safty issue though people just become more ingenious and insidious in their plans.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:49 am
You gotta think - if they can find ways like THAT to blow up planes. What else is next?

It's scary to think of how cruel mankind can be.

Oh bother, there goes my head again.  

mee_shee

The_Dark_ Countess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:23 am
i used to live near heathrow (about a good hour away) and even though they are trying to get back to normal, the terrorists managed to set in choas with one of the main airports. I just feel sorry for all of the parents with little kids there.... all because they feel "unrespected and treated unfairly in the modren world". And because they are muslim now alot of people are thinking damn muslims even though its onlu the extremists...

i seem to be babbeling again sweatdrop ...sorry  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:32 am
I'm actually not worried...at all. Paranoia leads to things worse than coke bottle bombs. I feel safe when I fly, and I am pretty sure that next time it will be an underwear bomber. No underwear in carry-ons.  

Silenus Slade

Oterys

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:58 am
I generally don't fly, but this would be a pain in the keister if I did. I mean honestly...no toothpaste? No mouthwash? Sometimes paranoia can run away with people and before you know it, things have really gotten out of hand. Sometimes you need to realize if they're going to do it, they're going to do it anyway. You just can't stop everybody.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:15 am
As the slogan says, "What will they think of next?" Seriously, this is getting out of hand. People are becoming more and more paranoid about virtually everything.

Due to the recent events, I can see where one may be worried and believe that it is a good idea to prevent certain items from coming through, but it is getting too extreme. They may want the general public to feel safe, but how can they once they realize that the more restrictions there are on what you can carry, the more clever the terrorists will become?

As others have said, soon practically any necessity will be banned because virtually anything can be used as a weapon in some fashion. It just shows how low society is going to destroy another nation and annihilate other's lives. [/rant]

Acerbus nox noctis

LillieRose

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:57 am
I'm just glad I decided not to go to London this year!Maybe next year,if I'm lucky... crying  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:24 am
I'm glad the guys were caught and all, but I personally think they were stupid. Now, while their plan to them probably seemed genius, they overlooked the fact that security is already a step ahead. I'm not a terrorist, just a kid with too much time on her hands, but I think they should have known that they needed to look through everything and try to find that loophole. Besides, isn't there guidelines of what isn't allowed on board of a plane public information that anyone can get?

Stuff like this makes me glad I live in the suburbs and don't fly, take the train, or really travel often.  

Dirzdra

zabura_kakashi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Me Personlay Im scared crappless. They could have Hunreds of those things. Now Im not a plane bomber But Im 13 And I could make one of those things.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:45 pm
I heard about it later in the day... I was one of the few people who never turns on the TV, so I had no idea this was going on. I mean, wow, this was like... WW3 and I had no clue what was happening. I was oblivious.  

ringwraith10

Kupo Ikari

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:46 pm
Planes blow up. It happens.

Personally, I just think the US should just withdraw troops and bomb the s**t out of the enemy (*cough*Japan*cough*) to remind everyone that the US is still ruthless and willing to go to great lengths to achieve goals.

The US used to be like that, and THAT'S when I liked the United States, but somehow the whole country and politics has turned into a huge group of, for lack of a better word, pussies.

And it's not like we would be at fault. They're the ones coming HERE and crashing planes, planting bombs, ATTACKING US.

The US needs to get over it's little "Oh we're the internation police and can't do anything or we may be thought to be racist and mean" s**t and become ruthless ******** everything. We have the weapons, use them, and take care of the problem permanently.

Yes, there may be innocent people over there, but I guess that's just unfortunate for them.

I know some people will be angry with me for posting this, saying that I'm no better then them... But honestly? No one is.

Can you honestly tell me that you would sacrifice your life, and the life of those you love to keep some people across a huge ocean that you don't even KNOW ******** that. And if you ARE one of those people, you are delusional to some EXTREME extent.

And to the people who don't realize that this is indeed WW3? Get a ******** clue. The worlds going to end in the near future, most likely in my lifetime. The rapture will happen (If god is real) and everyone else will be stuck with this war for 7 years. (... or however long it says in the bible)

Either way, a war is coming, and is here, and the US just needs to eliminate the problem, but since they won't... War it is.

Now... I feel as though I got off topic.

If you don't want to get blown up... and you don't want to risk it, then living in a ******** box behind 5th street. There's a possibility for everything to get blown up.

Besides... I don't know HOW these people hijacked to 9/11 planes, because I DAMN sure wouldn't just let them take it over. I's die fighting them if I had to... I'm not about to sit by and watch myself crash into a building.

Well....

There's my anger filled rant for you all.

You can discuss this with me, but I REFUSE to listen to whines about "Oh your wrong" "You're so mean" "You have no heart" or whatever you want to say... Because I've seen enough s**t in my life to learn not to give a damn anymore.

And to think, today was a good day. XD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:08 pm
All i have to say is screw them damn terrorist b*****d a** mother ******** are winning this war wether we like it or not...psycological war...and phisical...there makeing goverments trip away there citizens rights.....but it is for our protection ^^ lol... the sad fact of the matter is...s**t is going to hit the fan with in the next ten years or less...and i meen globaly  

Nyhilus

-Hija de Cristo-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:10 pm
The_Dark_ Countess
And because they are muslim now alot of people are thinking damn muslims even though its onlu the extremists...

The sad thing is the Muslims who are doing this, are actually considered GOOD Muslims. They are actually following Islamic beliefs. Recently, I had the privilege to hear a friend of the family give a lecture about religion, and I was amazed to hear that Islam actually isn't all that peaceful... Actually, Muslims believe that Christians and Pagans are the vilest of all creatures and will burn in the pits of Hell. Unfortunately, I couldn't spell the name of the book in the Koran where that is found, but it's in there. Also, their Koran tells them to kill all non-Muslims.

It's weird, because everyone says that Islam is such a peaceful religion, and only the radicals are hijacking planes, and bombing people, but it's not. I mean, they ARE radical, but in a good way, according to Islamic beliefs.

I dunno. That's my rambling on the religion of Islam...

As for the topic: The borders have definitely become more strict then they were before. For example: my family had a friend come to visit from Canada today. Now, we live in Minnesota, so it's just across the border; it's not like he was coming to Washington DC, or New York, just across the border. When he reached our border, they checked his whole car! Inside the car, under the seats, the trunk, the hood, AND his suitcases. Just to cross the border... into Minnesota.

I suppose going into Minnesota is a bigger deal since some terrorists were training other terrorists to fly planes in northern Minnesota (I think... I have to find the news article again...) But I didn't think it would be THAT much of a hassle. I mean, it's JUST across the border...

I think I have gone off topic... maybe... hmm... whatever.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff