Have You Seen The Movie Or Read The Book
  Movie
  Book
  Both
  Neither
View Results

Luciferian56

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:41 am
V For Vendetta is a comic prouced by Alan Moore and David Lloyd published by DC comics. It is also a movie from 2006 staring Hugo weaving as V. V is a mysterious anarchist vigilante and terrorist, easily recognizable by his Guy Fawkes mask and dark clothing. According to Moore, he was designed to be both a protagonist and antagonist, so that readers could decide for themselves whether he was a hero fighting for a cause, or simply insane. V was in a concentration camp in an earlier part of his life. No one except those who were there know why. V was the man in room 5 the doors had Roman Numerals hence the name V. He was subject to a series of inhuman experiments but he was the only one who survived the other 4 died. We also learn of Valerie the woman in room 4, who life story inspires V to topple the current government for her and everyone else like her. After he escapes using home-made napalm and mustard gas he goes about killing everyone who was working at the facility, and making it look like an accident along the way. All but three that is. Lewis Prothero, Bishop Anthony Lilliman, Delia Surridge. He kills them in an ironic way. Though he doesnt kill Prothero just drives him insane beyond all hope of recovery. Prothero was in charge of inspecting the prisoners and working the cremator oven, so V got is precious collection of Dolls and did a renactment of his day using the dolls as prisoners culmanating in V opening the oven and Prothero seeing all his precious dolls melting away. V feeds the Bishop a poisoned communion wafer. Delia was responsible for administering the experimental drugs, he kills her by lethal injecion, though not before showing his face for the first and only itme in the book. Sadly we dont get to see it as his back is turned.
V staged an attack on the government's propaganda broadcasting station, strapping himself with explosives and forcing the staff to follow his orders under threat of detonating them. V then broadcast a message to the people, telling them to take responsibility for themselves and rise up against their government. Finally, V destroyed the government's CCTV surveillance buildings, eroding its control over British citizens. However, V was mortally wounded when he was shot by Finch, and he staggered back to the Shadow Gallery, where he died in Evey's arms. Evey then laid him in state, surrounded by white lilies and gelignite, in a subway train which stopped at a blockage along the tracks right under 10 Downing Street, where the explosives-laden cab detonated, giving V a viking funeral in the process. Evey then took on the mantle of "V".  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:31 pm
wow, thats a lot. lol  

Anabethe

Naphthalim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:11 am
so, what are you looking to discuss about it?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:50 pm
Naphthalim
so, what are you looking to discuss about it?

Allusions to the number 5, Guy Fawkes y'know anything to do with the V for Vendetta universe.  

Luciferian56

Gypsie_boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:15 pm
I'll comment on the movie. They focused on the love story too much. But my friend had a theory that V was Evee's alter ego. Any validity?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:24 pm
Gypsie_boy
I'll comment on the movie. They focused on the love story too much. But my friend had a theory that V was Evee's alter ego. Any validity?
In a way because *spoilers* Evey does take up the guise of V at the end of the novel. */Spoilers*  

Luciferian56

xZevx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:06 am
I liked that little thing that Evee said when she commented that V was everyone and everyone was V.
And in a way she was right. V did what the people of London had wanted to do but where too afraid of doing (taking down their government).  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:52 pm
holy s**t dude i loved this movie the way the movie uses bullet time motion capture is brilliant also love the story line as well all in all its a very good movie highly recomended  

Counsoler Trinity A Deloi

_The VampireLestat_

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:59 pm
i love this guild already it has an anarchist topic and the idol of all anarchists  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:00 am
I'm actually having trouble finding a copy of the book printed before the movie.......  

Hatelijk_en_bloeden

celestialangel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:53 pm
i have a question...
how did the old lady he killed in the movie (sorry, don't remember the name) knew about the roses?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:36 pm
celestialangel
i have a question...
how did the old lady he killed in the movie (sorry, don't remember the name) knew about the roses?

Because he used to grow them at Larkhill. And when he kills her they were thought to be extinct. Also Finch gave her one earlier in the day from another murder.  

Luciferian56

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:12 pm
Hatelijk_en_bloeden
I'm actually having trouble finding a copy of the book printed before the movie.......

Wow, old thread, but if you happen back in and found a copy, could you tell where? I kinda want one my self.

Sorry for the off-topic. I know someone's gonna come in a be like "hurray new post" and it's just this.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:28 pm
The movie was excellent. I would love to read the book now!  

P Y R A M I D

east_side_gunslinger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:29 pm
oww this is an old thread so probably no one is going to sse this but DAMN WAS THAT A GOOD FREAKIN MOVIE!!!!!!  
46: Anarchist's Manifesto

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff