Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

f
  f
View Results

Guitarhero356

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:29 am
Yes that is right, I am about to start practitioning Golden Dawn RItual Magick.
Now, does anyone know of any do's and don'ts and why I should know about them/not do them?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:14 am
Guitarhero356
Now, does anyone know of any do's and don'ts and why I should know about them/not do them?
Erm. Do you mean you've actually found and joined a sect of the Golden Dawn? Because they do have a specific set of teachings and initiations.

Without that you're not practising Golden Dawn magic - that's just Ceremonial magic. Which is grand too. It just takes a hell of a lot of study. Try reading the Sepher Yetzirah or anything about the Kabbalah. Or anything by Israel Regardie. He wrote quite a bit about the Golden Dawn, though all of his books are very big and tedious. I'm also pretty sure you have to be Jewish to work with the QBL properly.  

Pelta

Creepy Albino Fish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:24 am
Well I'm glad you know all about what you're getting into. rolleyes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:23 am
missmagpie
Guitarhero356
Erm. Do you mean you've actually found and joined a sect of the Golden Dawn? Because they do have a specific set of teachings and initiations.

Without that you're not practising Golden Dawn magic - that's just Ceremonial magic. Which is grand too. It just takes a hell of a lot of study. Try reading the Sepher Yetzirah or anything about the Kabbalah. Or anything by Israel Regardie. He wrote quite a bit about the Golden Dawn, though all of his books are very big and tedious. I'm also pretty sure you have to be Jewish to work with the QBL properly.
You also need to be dead to work it properly.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:16 am
Nihilistic Seraph
missmagpie
Guitarhero356

Well that puts the nail in the coffin, doesn't it?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:26 am
I'm actually unfamiliar with this...

Hmm... Time to research ninja  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

MOD66

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:35 pm
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
missmagpie
Guitarhero356

Well that puts the nail in the coffin, doesn't it?
*laughs* I get it rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:19 am
xp

It's true though. Let me scurry up a source.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:46 am
Well, after some research, I was part-right, part wrong. There are three types of Kabbalah.

http://www.chabad.org/library/article.asp?AID=170308

But, the Tree of Life is generally only ascended after death. "...the sefirot are not so much isolated way stations as they are spheres within spheres. Creation begins as a pure emanation from God (Kether) and aquires successive layers until it acheives physical reality (Malkuth). In the case of man, the outermost layers is the body; at death, the physical body is discarded, followed by the other layers as the soula scends to God."

Prelude to Magic, p88  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:28 am
A bunch of the Wiccan system site-not-allowed inspired, though I can't say I've traced the specificity of this personally. I've just heard from others who HAVE done the research and are more knowledgable that some of the content from Wicca was taken from GD verbatim.  

Starlock
Crew

MOD66

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:17 am
I know this is completely random, but I was watching FMA today and I noticed that, during the theme song/intro thingy, it shows a desk and one of the books on there is the Golden Dawn... so, uh, yeah. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:29 am
I'm not surprised by that.

As for Wicca's connection to the Golden Dawn, wasn't Gardner a member at one point or the like?  

Jameta
Captain

MOD66

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:57 pm
Jameta

As for Wicca's connection to the Golden Dawn, wasn't Gardner a member at one point or the like?
I was a lot of that show is total bull but they did have a few things right and i guess it dose fit

Gardner... mad don't mention that name...*angry twich*  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:34 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
missmagpie
Guitarhero356

Where exactly was this information procured? Because HOGD is alive and well...  

Lila Malvae

Pelta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:32 am
Jameta

I'm not sure, but I think he was a protege of Crowley's, and Crowley was an avid member of the GD.

I'll have to look that up for a source though...  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff