PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:41 am
Sept. 1-3

Hosted by the Shire of Rokeclif, Northshield

Fees:
site $8 (plus non-member surcharge)
feast $10
camping $1 per person
children under 12 half price

There will be a public demo from 10 AM to 4 PM on Saturday.

Trempeleau County Fairgrounds
232 Park Drive
Galesville, WI 54630

Autumn Rose XII

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:42 am
anybody else going?  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:54 pm
Ooooooh. Labor day weekend. I get a three day weekend. Never been to Autumn Rose, either, though it's really not far from where I live. This, I shall have to consider, and discuss with my Lord. Maybe we could go there Friday-Saturday, then go over to the other side of the state to visit his family Sunday-Monday.... hrm... could work.

The only problem is money. I need to save up, because for my 30th birthday my lord and I, and a couple of friends, are going to Medieval Times in Chicago. I decided I wanted to go do something fun and different, this year. =)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:05 pm
Imzy
Ooooooh. Labor day weekend. I get a three day weekend. Never been to Autumn Rose, either, though it's really not far from where I live. This, I shall have to consider, and discuss with my Lord. Maybe we could go there Friday-Saturday, then go over to the other side of the state to visit his family Sunday-Monday.... hrm... could work.

The only problem is money. I need to save up, because for my 30th birthday my lord and I, and a couple of friends, are going to Medieval Times in Chicago. I decided I wanted to go do something fun and different, this year. =)

oooh, Medieval Times is fun! Not accurate and highly cheesy, but fun none the less. Good food, too!  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:40 pm
I strongly urge anyone who can to attend Autumn Rose. It's fairly cheap, it's fun and I can say for sure that I will be there. The name is Amata Cromwell and as I am part of the Shire of Rokeclif, ask for me and I can be found. I'll be in a pale blue T-tunic most of the time (basicly all but feast and court) and have long red hair which will be braided or some such thing by the Lady Arnora, also a shire member. I have to mention her as she does such an awsome job with my hair each time she touches it! smile Anyway, my lord William Chapman and myself are in charge of security and will be up /late/ each night I'm sure. Er, just to clarify, William and I are /not/ a couple. We're just good friends and pair off together as lord and lady. I had to mention this becuase of some humerous confusion last year within our shire! *laughs remembering*

So come please and ask for me and introduce yourselves! If you even think you'll be attending send me a gaia mail to tell me your SCA name so I can keep you in mind and not be totaly confused when/if you find me. I'll have lots on my mind (I'm on call by Lady Arnora for feast prep help and drive-to-town errands as well as security head) so if I'm still confused, I beg your pardon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:22 pm
Argh. I'm so irritated that I had to miss Autumn Rose. I was so excited about going, but then someone stole my check card and 40 dollars cash, so I had to bail. Roar. Oh well, there's always next year...  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:08 am
LittleGreenGirl
Argh. I'm so irritated that I had to miss Autumn Rose. I was so excited about going, but then someone stole my check card and 40 dollars cash, so I had to bail. Roar. Oh well, there's always next year...

Oh no! I'm sorry you had to miss due to such misfortune. As it turns out I didn't have time for visiting anyway, so I probly wouldn't have met up with you. Running errands from 9am to 2pm Saturday for the feastocrat, an hour of archery and then the chiurgion made me sit and rest and had a friend's son fetch me water while we watched His Highness practice his sword. I bailed out after feast and skipped bardic-not feeling well.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:32 am
Sir_Catherine
LittleGreenGirl

Oh no! I'm sorry you had to miss due to such misfortune. As it turns out I didn't have time for visiting anyway, so I probly wouldn't have met up with you. Running errands from 9am to 2pm Saturday for the feastocrat, an hour of archery and then the chiurgion made me sit and rest and had a friend's son fetch me water while we watched His Highness practice his sword. I bailed out after feast and skipped bardic-not feeling well.

awe... did you have fun amongst all that though?  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:20 pm
LittleGreenGirl
Sir_Catherine
LittleGreenGirl

awe... did you have fun amongst all that though?

Mmm, honestly, it wasn't my best event. Overall, I'm afraid I'd rather just move on from it. There's always next year. I'm not scared, I look foreward to next time, just this time something didn't work with me.

On the other hand! See the front page for my latest news. biggrin

Edit: The archery was quite fun. I apparently have a natural nack for it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:38 pm
I wanted to be there so bad, unfortunately I was in the hospital. I asked if I could get out for the weekend, strangely enough they wouldn't let someone on the mental health unit out to go somewhere where people would have swords... they actually seemed to think I was joking when I asked.  

CassiusD

Kingdoms/Event Announcements

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff