Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Others help spread our cause too Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have an 'blog'?
  Xanga
  Myspace (Boo)
  Gaia!
  YOU SAID 'AN'! THAT'S NOT CORRECT!
View Results

Ramda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:36 pm
Even though this is a guild in support of keeping up propper communication, some of us still enjoy to communicate with the rest of the world understandably with accounts on places such as Xanga.com or Myspace.com (though I don't support myspace accounts confused ). And for those of you that do have pages or accounts like that, here's a thread listing just some of the correct grammer/spelling supportive groups out there in the 'blogging' community. If you, yourself, know of other such groups that haven't been listed on here, please help everyone out by listing the link and description in this thread. Thanks (Thanx rolleyes ).

Format:
~Title/name of group/guild~
~ Link/ URL ~
~ Site Affliction (Myspace/Xanga/whatever?) ~  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:38 pm
I, personally, know a couple of Xanga guilds that gave me this idea in the first place.

~ Insult Deliberately Misspelled Grammar & Illogics ~
~ http://www.xanga.com/groups/group.aspx?id=222460 ~
~ Xanga.com ~

~ Xangans Against Poor Grammar & Spelling ~
~ http://www.xanga.com/groups/group.aspx?id=24945 ~
~ Xanga.com ~

Ramda

dianersj

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:56 pm
On myspace.com is it called a guild? or does it go by another name?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:59 pm
dianersj
On myspace.com is it called a guild? or does it go by another name?

I think it's just called a 'group'. On Xanga they are called blogrings.  

Ramda

LadyRogue

Versatile Explorer

7,500 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:44 pm
I'm mainly on LJ, but I haven't checked to see if we have any communities like that. I should though.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:08 pm
LadyRogue
I'm mainly on LJ, but I haven't checked to see if we have any communities like that. I should though.

I actually have no idea if anyone except myself has a journal or blog or whatever. I would just like to see, though, if many/any people do. I hardly ever write or post anything on my Xanga. I only do it to inform my (limited) friends if something big is going on. I am a bit of rebel when it comes to the whole blogging revolution thing.  

Ramda

Keakealani

Intellectual Elocutionist

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:36 pm
I've got like all of those, even though I really haven't touched Xanga in years...LJ is the only one I really update frequently.

Any rate, I'd say if I knew one, but I don't at the moment. I just personally go around and piss of my friends by correcting their grammar XD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:37 am
I have an account on Xanga that I update, and also an account (that I don't update) at each of the following and probably some others too: Myspace, LiveJournal, GreatestJournal, InsaneJournal, and Blurty.

Here's another Xanga blogring that is anti-textspeak: -People wHo tYzYpE lYkE dIsH Should Die-  

The MoUsY spell-checker

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:14 am
I have a Xanaga, but am at the maximum number of blogrings. Here are some possibilities for LJ, We Love Apostrophies, The Reading Group, Turn off the Tele. Try those for starters. If none are suitable, I could always create a community.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:30 am
in LJ you can create community? jeez i've been on LJ for a few years now and i never knew that!  

dianersj

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:10 am
I do Blog... however, I do so at Blogspot/Blogger and they do not have groups. Sadly, as I would readily join a ring/guild/group like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:19 am
Did you make it 'an' on purpose!?
> neutral

[Riyuu]

k o t o k o`

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:38 am
Nice to know we have support in this matter but I don't go on any of those, so I have no reason to check it out. There is also the fact that my parent's do not like me on those sites.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:48 pm
may i just say that i hate myspace...  

agny-pantsu

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out