Reply ~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~
Did Kenshin really have brothers?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angel Yuki Yumi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:10 pm
I read on another web site that Kenshin had brothers but they died.

Is this true?... I just want to make sure. I don't want to spread information I'm not sure about lol biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:28 am
I found that on a site too.

It's possibly I missed something in the sequel shorts Watsuki wrote, like Yahiko no Sakabatou, but I don't think so. I'm pretty sure people saying Kenshin had brothers was an accidental twist of the rumor that he had sisters. You know, like when you play telephone. I first saw that story long before we got much more than an inkling of Kenshin's past here in the English-speaking countries. I think it's likely that someone found out about Akane, Sakura, and Kasumi, Kensin's surrogate "sisters" who sort of adopted him as their little brother when they were being held by the slavers, and forgot the details of it and thought he had brothers. I've also found sites that insist those three girls were blood relatives of Kenshin, even though he met them for the first time among the slavers.

Although, it's not unlikely that Kenshin would have siblings at all. He was a farmer's child, and farms need many hands for help. Unless he was the first or his mother couldn't get pregnant again, it makes sense that he would have siblings, especially boys, to help on the farm. And like I said earlier, I don't know much about the sequel volumes or any other little tidbits Watsuki released. Maybe in one of them he does specify Kenshin had brothers. I don't think he did, but that doesn't make the idea implausible. wink  

Akira_Hoshino

AHURA MAZDA Ormazd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:41 am
Interesting controversy. I don't think going way over the past of kenshin was Watsuki's purpose. It be cool though to see where Kenshin was born, to whom and if he had siblings. What if he had a twin brother ! AW!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:20 am
AHURA MAZDA Ormazd
Interesting controversy. I don't think going way over the past of kenshin was Watsuki's purpose. It be cool though to see where Kenshin was born, to whom and if he had siblings. What if he had a twin brother ! AW!

yeah would be kinda interesting, i probably missed something in the watsuki free writes cuz i tend to ignore those when i read. if not then maybe it's in some book out there, well that is if watsuki did mention it. i would like to see where kenshin was born and crap they should make a short ova about it almost like the trust and betrayal episodes  

samuraichikX

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:24 pm
I believe in the original Japanese text of the manga, Kenshin mentioned losing his parents and brothers to the cholera when he told Tomoe about his childhood. The three girls who took him in were fellow slaves of no blood kinship.  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games